New Era Introducing has given hope to many individuals trying to make something out of their youthfull beginings by allowing to showcase ones talents, creativity, and inspirations. Recently the New Era Introducing initiative has concluded it’s selection process with pick one grand winner for the contest.
The winner selected was Lina Al Amoudi from The United Arab Emirates which has been awarded a £10,000 bursary to assist in launching her creative career. Lina wanted to represent a true insight into her culture and took great inspiration from the tale of Balqis, or more commonly known as the Queen of Sheba. The religious figure was admired for her mysterious and exotic power which was seen as the embodiment of divine wisdom. The outer wooden structure tells the story behind the Queen’s leadership of the Sabaean Kingdom as well as her role as an adoring mother. The iconic hoopoe bird which acted as a messenger between Kind Solomon and the Queen for many years, is also called out in the story – all of which is intricately handcrafted on the four panels that formulate a symbolic crown, holding the royal red velvet inner lining of the cap. For touring exhibition dates and a video of the caps creation check the jump.
The touring exhibition will be at the following cities:
- London 4 to 5 November Shoreditch Underground, Pedley St (off Brick Lane), E1 5EW, UK
- Berlin 11 to 12 November DNA Gallery, Auguststraße 20, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Milan 18 to 19 November XL Combines, Via Montevideo 9, 20144 Milano, Italia
- Barcelona 25 to 26 November Marqués de Barberá nº 8, 08001, Barcelona
- Paris 2 to 3 December Brio Box, 67 rue Quincampoix, 75004 Paris, France
- Stockholm 16 to 17 December So Stockholm, Jussi Björlings Allé, s-111 57 Stockholm, Sweden
- Cape Town 3 to 4 February ’12 TBC
- Dubai 9 to 10 March ’12 TBC