MiLB hats (discussion)View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
XclickX
Legend/Addict


Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 2814
Location: PA

Post Posted: 04/18/17 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If they cost $3.50 more for USA then the retail price should be $33 for USA made at Aberdeen. I can't believe he ordered 600!! This is rookie ball. He has 2.5 months to sell those. They will be on the discount table come opening day 2018 for $10 just like the ASG patch hats.
_________________
My collection- https://www.flickr.com/photos/111129057@N08/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Betters22
New Era Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 400
Location: Massachusetts, and New Jersey

Post Posted: 04/18/17 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
If they cost $3.50 more for USA then the retail price should be $33 for USA made at Aberdeen. I can't believe he ordered 600!! This is rookie ball. He has 2.5 months to sell those. They will be on the discount table come opening day 2018 for $10 just like the ASG patch hats.


I hope that guy gets fired, half of those are going to end up in the garbage
_________________
My collection https://www.flickr.com/photos/135974185@N07/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
shane618
Junior Member


Joined: 12 Nov 2014
Posts: 146

Post Posted: 04/18/17 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:
XclickX wrote:
If they cost $3.50 more for USA then the retail price should be $33 for USA made at Aberdeen. I can't believe he ordered 600!! This is rookie ball. He has 2.5 months to sell those. They will be on the discount table come opening day 2018 for $10 just like the ASG patch hats.


I hope that guy gets fired, half of those are going to end up in the garbage


To catch up on all the comments:

1. I agree, 29 is way too much for Chinese - pretty much anything above free is too much, hence why I immediately canceled the order. That said, you underestimate Marylanders willingness to buy anything with a crab, Mr Boh or the state flag on it. Many of these will sell.
2. He estimated that with it being 3.50 more the retail would be 35 - that is still a great price for this, even if minors if he went MUSA. I would have gone for that for sure.
3. 600 seemed like a ton...and he went Chinese, but he was otherwise super friendly and I don't wish anyone to lose their job, I was just notifying those of us to whom the difference between Chinese and MUSA matters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djtdawg
Rookie


Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 21

Post Posted: 04/20/17 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
These customs have been on the racks for a week or two at The Diamond and they just got added to the Squirrels site if anyone is interested...





NOTE: Both are Chinese.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
XclickX
Legend/Addict


Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 2814
Location: PA

Post Posted: 04/20/17 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
djtdawg wrote:
These customs have been on the racks for a week or two at The Diamond and they just got added to the Squirrels site if anyone is interested...





NOTE: Both are Chinese.


Wool *
_________________
My collection- https://www.flickr.com/photos/111129057@N08/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djtdawg
Rookie


Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 21

Post Posted: 04/27/17 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
djtdawg wrote:
These customs have been on the racks for a week or two at The Diamond and they just got added to the Squirrels site if anyone is interested...

NOTE: Both are Chinese.


Wool *


And that...thanks!
_________________
IG @djtdawg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djtdawg
Rookie


Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 21

Post Posted: 04/27/17 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Salem has finally put the Bucs TBTC from last year on their site...


_________________
IG @djtdawg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fittedguy16
Gold Member


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 261
Location: CA-AZ

Post Posted: 04/29/17 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone picked up one of Hickory's 25th anniversary caps? Wondering if theyre USA made, specifically the black/light blue alt. Merch director never emailed me back.
_________________
Follow me on IG: @Fittedguy16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ocandstiggs
Rookie


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Location: Suburban Atlanta

Post Posted: 04/29/17 2:46 pm    Post subject: 25th Anniversary Hickory Cap Reply with quote
Hey Fittedguy16, I received my Hickory 25th Anniversary Alternate Fitted today -- it's made in the USA and fits true to size!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fittedguy16
Gold Member


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 261
Location: CA-AZ

Post Posted: 04/30/17 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Anniversary Hickory Cap Reply with quote
ocandstiggs wrote:
Hey Fittedguy16, I received my Hickory 25th Anniversary Alternate Fitted today -- it's made in the USA and fits true to size!

Thats awesome news! What size are you?
_________________
Follow me on IG: @Fittedguy16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ocandstiggs
Rookie


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Location: Suburban Atlanta

Post Posted: 04/30/17 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Anniversary Hickory Cap Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
ocandstiggs wrote:
Hey Fittedguy16, I received my Hickory 25th Anniversary Alternate Fitted today -- it's made in the USA and fits true to size!

Thats awesome news! What size are you?


I'm a 7 1/2. It's a beautiful hat!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1573
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 04/30/17 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love that hat!
_________________
IG: erie_warrior19
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142626324@N08/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jake2701
Gold Member


Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 299

Post Posted: 05/03/17 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Anniversary Hickory Cap Reply with quote
ocandstiggs wrote:
Fittedguy16 wrote:
ocandstiggs wrote:
Hey Fittedguy16, I received my Hickory 25th Anniversary Alternate Fitted today -- it's made in the USA and fits true to size!

Thats awesome news! What size are you?


I'm a 7 1/2. It's a beautiful hat!


Was this from their website? They're only like $24.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ocandstiggs
Rookie


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Location: Suburban Atlanta

Post Posted: 05/03/17 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: 25th Anniversary Hickory Cap Reply with quote
jake2701 wrote:
ocandstiggs wrote:
Fittedguy16 wrote:
ocandstiggs wrote:
Hey Fittedguy16, I received my Hickory 25th Anniversary Alternate Fitted today -- it's made in the USA and fits true to size!

Thats awesome news! What size are you?


I'm a 7 1/2. It's a beautiful hat!


Was this from their website? They're only like $24.


Yes...I can't remember the price but it was either $24 or $28...very reasonable but now that minor league teams are charging anywhere from $9 to $16 for shipping those "savings" over typical retail are nullified. That said, you have to order directly from the teams to get the really cool hats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shane618
Junior Member


Joined: 12 Nov 2014
Posts: 146

Post Posted: 05/16/17 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's the Ironbirds SE Crab hat: https://www.lids.com/aberdeen-ironbirds-new-era-milb-ac-59fifty-cap/20934835. As previously posted, the guy at the Aberdeen store told me they were getting all Chinese, so doubt these on Lids would be any different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 211 of 215   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum