Deodorant stain?View previous topic :: View next topic  
jchcollins

Post Posted: 04/17/17 12:40 pm    Post subject: Deodorant stain? Reply with quote
Any help with this would be much appreciated -

Yesterday, by accident and much to my chagrin - I accidentally got a small flake of white antiperspirant on the brim of a blue poly (MUSAWIM) Cubs 59Fifty. I've gotten most of it off, and you can't see it at all when the cap is wet from where I was trying to scrub it out - but when the cap dries there is a small area where you can still see the stain, and though I'm not sure if it is permanent or not - some mild discoloration from what I have used on the area. So far it's only been a small bit of Dawn detergent, and a tide pen. Both helped a little but not a lot. I've read to try white vinegar. Thoughts?

Ugh.

Thanks.
jchcollins

Post Posted: 04/21/17 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Solution - when the stain is 95% gone and would look ok to the rest of the world but still bothers you? Take a one-week old cap back to Lids and just have them exchange it. They did earlier this week with no questions asked. Smile
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/21/17 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jchcollins wrote:
Solution - when the stain is 95% gone and would look ok to the rest of the world but still bothers you? Take a one-week old cap back to Lids and just have them exchange it. They did earlier this week with no questions asked. Smile

Ha! That is awesome.
jchcollins

Post Posted: 04/21/17 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I won't take back a cap that I've actually worn for a month, but there should be a certain grace period besides absolutely "never worn" for a product that costs nearly $40, IMO. Sometimes I don't notice if a fit is wrong until I've done some brim bending / sculpture. As long as you can get the curves out, and I haven't stained up a cap by sweating in it - yeah, I'll consider a return.

Watch those guys at "Authentiks" or Hat Shack though. At least around here, they have an exchange-only policy. No returns, period. That one bit me hard the first time.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Care

Jump to: