HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/17/17 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Sneakerhead42 wrote:
If anything, I'd want them to make an Atlanta Thrashers cap... I know that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon but I'd be all over it if it did

Literally no chance even without NE losing the NHL licensing; they were super weird about certain retro logos. It's why Kachina Coyotes, Islanders Fisherman, Burger King Kings never happened. Thrashers were also on the no touching list.

that era of the third jerseys was amazing! haha i had a few. almost like nhl answer to TATC stuff.
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/18/17 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They've added another teal custom. This one's NHL and 100% poly but not described as being MUSA: https://www.hatclub.com/products/hat-club-exclusive-new-era-59fifty-san-jose-sharks-fitted-hat-2t-teal-orange

I assume the burnt orange is from the hockey stick in the logo? I wasn't aware that that was a color associated with the Sharks but I don't really follow hockey too closely.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/18/17 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI

Guy Gadbois
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/18/17 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, 'at least 2'? Hope their rail cap from the seventies is one of them. Would definitely pick that up.

Can anyone with info on this kind of thing explain what grounds for denial would be? Someone else having logo rights or maybe the team planning on doing a TBTC themselves maybe?
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/18/17 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been noted on Hat Guru's invitation-only podcast that the HC twitter often gets some facts mixed up or sometimes are just straight up inaccurate so it's best to pay more attention to Guru's sauces.

Guy Gadbois wrote:
Hmm, 'at least 2'? Hope their rail cap from the seventies is one of them. Would definitely pick that up.

Can anyone with info on this kind of thing explain what grounds for denial would be? Someone else having logo rights or maybe the team planning on doing a TBTC themselves maybe?
Tubby34
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/18/17 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:
It's been noted on Hat Guru's invitation-only podcast that the HC twitter often gets some facts mixed up or sometimes are just straight up inaccurate so it's best to pay more attention to Guru's sauces.

Guy Gadbois wrote:

I know this much- he's seen the list and he's involved in coming up ideas. I wouldn't just dismiss him in this instance.
Hatclub twitter that is.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/18/17 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
FYI

I hope its the white hat from the 90s.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/18/17 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
jonwin wrote:

Guy Gadbois wrote:

I know this much- he's seen the list and he's involved in coming up ideas. I wouldn't just dismiss him in this instance.
Hatclub twitter that is.

I would.
shane618

Post Posted: 05/19/17 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, since we can clearly read totally into anything and everything Hatclub says and does on Twitter (at least, that's what I heard from a guy from a guy from a guy who is an exclusive person of the pod)...perhaps one should read into hatclub retweeting this a couple days ago (and that they told me an Orioles custom is coming): https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/864886677214384128.

As previously stated - I'd dig a version of that logo, even if just a reboot of the custom from the '14 ALCS. [/img]
Guy Gadbois
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/19/17 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My favorite part of that O's logo is actually probably the circle surrounding it and the font they used there. It looks great on the walls at Camden Yards.

And I'm fairly certain that was the lead-up to the "He's a very willful boy" line they used for their Shining gif a few days ago but it was pretty awkward when I initially thought it was the confused face Jack has before saying 'A n****r?' from earlier in the same scene. Shocked
Fittedguy16
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/20/17 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So i got bored and this happened...i know it was a tonal flag but it turned out great Shocked Smile
Before:

After:

Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/20/17 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
So i got bored and this happened...i know it was a tonal flag but it turned out great Shocked Smile
Before:

After:

Looks so much better. I did the same thing with my Vero Beach Dodgers. Even though the flag was the same color, it still bugged me.
Page 2 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: