2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/18/17 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Pirates are wearing their 'Military Appreciation' or whatever caps today. Man, those are rough. I mean, they're ugly on their own but they also don't fit with the tops they're paired with either. What the hell were the Pirates thinking?

It is a terrible look. It doesn't match the shirt, at all. I have no idea what they were thinking. I'm glad I got last year's, this is brutal
metsfan4life
Beginner

Post Posted: 05/19/17 8:03 pm    Post subject: 4th of July Hats Reply with quote
anyone know when the 4th of july hats should start hitting the shelves/sites?
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/19/17 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guessing June sometime
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/20/17 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reds wore their camo tops with their new military caps. Looked horrible, as expected, despite the comeback win. Did they drop the camo caps because they couldn't be made with the NE flag? have to wonder especially since the Pirates changed their military cap, too.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/20/17 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
Reds wore their camo tops with their new military caps. Looked horrible, as expected, despite the comeback win. Did they drop the camo caps because they couldn't be made with the NE flag? have to wonder especially since the Pirates changed their military cap, too.

Flag's not an issue as it's been on MiLB & custom digi camo hats.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/21/17 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:

Plus they still wear red belts, socks, shoes and undershirts. It is really just a terrible look all the way around.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/28/17 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Posting this here for the tags even if it's almost certainly just a error. Went to CBP with the intention of picking up a '76 pillbox since I missed it last year and don't think I'll be picking up flagged TBTC's this year. Some news to report on that front: 100% of the stock I checked was Chino. I'm almost certain they were MUSA the last time I looked so that was a bit disappointing. No flag on them so I'm not sure when they got them in.

Once I realized I wouldn't be picking a pillbox up, I decided to get a replacement for my standard construction poly burgundy cap. I actually really like my old one but couldn't resist picking another up because the fit and poly on this are outstanding. Some more news: this year's restock of this cap has a tonal flag. Gotta love a ballpark custom looking better than this year's on-fields. Rolling Eyes

I only realized after buying that this has the on-field tag and NE flag squatchee whereas the one I got last year is a Coop. They do have old stock with the on-field tags but those have the big sticker and are clearly leftovers from several years ago when the team actually wore the cap in-game. This one had the small sticker, current NE tag and imported materials tag so it's from last year at the earliest; no flag however. Didn't check the flagged caps so maybe they all have them this year? I'm probably reading too much into it but honestly the Phils are due for a re-branding and I see a ton of people wearing burgundy era gear when I go to games...

Edit: Had a paragraph here offering my old burgundy Phils poly for sale but I ended up just giving it to my father.

Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/30/17 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I picked up the Orioles Maryland Day cap and it just arrived this morning. It was pretty "meh" Chinese made but still pretty cool and was actually constructed rather nicely. I would've kept it, but they sent the wrong size (I'm a 7 5/8, and that's what all the tags said, but it was a 7 1/2). I went to exchange it, and they had JUST put out the new 4th of July caps. I had to grab one.

I get the dislike for the SE caps, and I'm not a bing Chino fan myself, either. But I really feel that they knocked this year's SE caps out of the park. I like ALL of them except for the Memorial Day caps, and those are still at least ok.

jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/30/17 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think these 4th of July hats are the best looking since the 2008 and 2009 ones. I ordered a Yankees one so I am looking forward to it!
CMPunk
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/30/17 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I'm with you, I think all the SE's are great this year. This is the first year I've liked the Memorial Day caps. Mother's and Father's Day are huge improvements over those awful greys from last year. Can't wait to grab the July 4th. Only problem is they released them too early, I'm like 5 caps behind still!
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/30/17 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picked up the Astros 4th hat at Lids and must say it is really nice. The fit is on the money and it does not have the typical Chino Elmer Fudd look. The materials used on the hats are really nice and for lack of a better term buttery smooth. Unlike the Memorial days hats a 7 1/2 fits like a 7 1/2.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/30/17 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great photos, Fiddy!

I agree that the '17 SE caps generally don't look too bad, especially compared to what's been on offer the past few years, but I can't stand the materials used. The rubbery/stretchy poly just doesn't feel like something I want on my head. Also not a fan of the logos on these July 4's as it gives them an even stronger custom look than the average '17 cap. Even the stars on the Memorial Day caps felt weird as hell when I touched the side of the cap.

Still, I have to say that I was surprised that I didn't mind the league wearing the SE Memorial Day unis all weekend. They worked well enough together, at least from a distance,
Stevie
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/31/17 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's the Jays. Nothing fancy on the inside Sad

Untitled by Stevie172, on Flickr
CMPunk
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/04/17 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just so I can stop looking, was the Jeter hat entirely chinese?
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/05/17 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what it's worth, this is out now: https://www.lids.com/los-angeles-angels-new-era-mlb-pujols-600th-patch-59fifty-cap/20939627.
Page 49 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: