2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/17 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone tried on or seen any of the little league hats in person yet?

went to lids and they don't have them in yet.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/17 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
jpoconnell wrote:
Wow this whole thing is a joke right? I think the worst thing is that they're doing this for the whole flipping weekend. WTF!!!

Yeah, the blatant on-field merchandise pimping is going way too far this year. One and done for these special event unis/caps is plenty.

Big Cappi wrote:
I heard next year the MLB will be doing a weekend tribute to Circ de Solel!
The caps and jerseys will be made with heather and sequins! Wouldn't that be fabulous!

This is basically already my view of ASG and July 4th caps from the past few years. lol

jpoconnell wrote:
I saw on Instagram that the Phillies Little League hats are MUSA with imported materials at the Phillies ballpark....Maybe that's the case for all teams

I hope so since there's at least one I have my eye on. Unfortunately the material looks awful in all of the photos I've seen and that includes those that seem to have the tell-tale MUSA crown construction.

Made in USA or not the hats scream Chino poly. With the colors they used no way New
Era makes that poly in the USA.

We can't get dark navy, light navy or light royal good poly right now nevermind fluorescents.

And while I have not personally handled one from all the pics/vids I have seen on social media these are 100% the flimsy, felty less than good poly. (I can't even call it Chino poly anymore given how much of it is coming out of Derby now)
christo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/12/17 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
damn i like the twins hat on the style sheet! wish they kept it
Stevie
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/13/17 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
has anyone tried on or seen any of the little league hats in person yet?

went to lids and they don't have them in yet.

I saw them at Lids the other day it they only had kids sizes. Guy working there said that he didint know when they would get them.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/13/17 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried one on at Citizens Bank Park on Friday. Said U.S. made with imported, but it might as well have been made in China, Vietnam, or the freaking moon. Didn't fit well, and it had that nasty imported poly smell.

For that matter, all of the Phillies on-fields were U.S. made with imported. They all felt, smelled, and fit like Chinese made junk. I almost always buy an on-field when I visit a new ballpark. I bought a freaking 47 brand Phillies throwback because the New Era caps were such utter garbage.

Anyways. Rant over. Best part of the Little League deal are the jerseys.
CMPunk
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/13/17 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speaking of the jerseys, I was just looking at MLBShop and they all say "orders will be shipped no later than Sept 22"! Way to eff up this promotion.
djtdawg

Post Posted: 08/23/17 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this real or a bad mock-up?

https://www.lids.com/chicago-cubs-new-era-mlb-authentic-collection-9-11-patch-59fifty-cap/20956533
Mlack25
Beginner

Post Posted: 08/23/17 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="djtdawg"]Is this real or a bad mock-up?

https://www.lids.com/chicago-cubs-new-era-mlb-authentic-collection-9-11-patch-59fifty-cap/20956533[/quote]

That's weird! I can't imagine they'd put the new era logo on the right side though
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/23/17 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mlack25 wrote:
That's weird! I can't imagine they'd put the new era logo on the right side though

Perhaps it has something to do with flag protocol? Similar to how the flag is always supposed to have the star field facing forward?
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/23/17 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mlack25 wrote:
djtdawg wrote:

https://www.lids.com/chicago-cubs-new-era-mlb-authentic-collection-9-11-patch-59fifty-cap/20956533

My guess is that it's either 1. incorrect, but more likely 2. that New Era wanted to put the flag on the hat on the side where it wouldn't look backwards - if you put it on the Right, and place it properly, with stars forward (military style), I'm sure too many people would argue that the flag was backwards. To avoid that, New Era likely made the exception to avoid confusion or idiotic outrage.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/23/17 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Mlack25 wrote:
djtdawg wrote:

My guess is that it's either 1. incorrect, but more likely 2. that New Era wanted to put the flag on the hat on the side where it wouldn't look backwards - if you put it on the Right, and place it properly, with stars forward (military style), I'm sure too many people would argue that the flag was backwards. To avoid that, New Era likely made the exception to avoid confusion or idiotic outrage.

Yep, seems 2 is right: http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-Authentic-Collection-9-11-Patch-59FIFTY-Cap/20956546.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/28/17 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I ordered the Twins Little League cap (I thought it looked great with the state outline) kinda of intending to return it when it arrived for another cap, but I gotta say, I kinda love it. That orangeish red looks awesome, and it fits great.

1986Astros

Post Posted: 08/29/17 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm wondering if they let this slide for extenuating circumstances or if he'll get fined. I'm sure they'd give the fine to relief funds or something.

I'm more interested in the removal of the NE. What happens if players color them in with a sharpie or just refuse to wear the logo hats? Obviously, it's not on there, what if he did it every game the rest of the season?

soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/04/17 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NE gonna NE! 9/11 caps for 2017 have US flag on the left and NE flag on right. So much for any hope of consistency!
SEEKER
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/04/17 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
NE gonna NE! 9/11 caps for 2017 have US flag on the left and NE flag on right. So much for any hope of consistency!

Krazy what's up brotha and fellow captalk members. Long time I haven't been to this forum.

I was thinking if this is the same hat as last year's just with the flag on the opposite side of the hat. Still plan on getting this though, how about you..
Page 61 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: