HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/22/17 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pretty sure I am going to be retired before my batting Wahoo shows up. Hat Club must have sub contracted Lids for shipping.
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/23/17 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Pretty sure I am going to be retired before my batting Wahoo shows up. Hat Club must have sub contracted Lids for shipping.

Patience young grasshopper, I can only imagine how busy they are. Itíll be worth the wait.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/23/17 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

Patience young grasshopper, I can only imagine how busy they are. Itíll be worth the wait.

Ha! I know. It supposed to be here today.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/23/17 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My tracking has been kind of weird with Hat Club. The orders will generally come up on my app as having been prepared for shipment a day and a half after buying but then it'll go silent until it's out for delivery. They won't even confirm that's it's actually left Phoenix. I usually get kind of antsy about it for a while but then wake up to see that it's arrived at the post office with no listed stops in between. Confused
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/23/17 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, its here. It is the same poly as on the Indians Postseason hats. The crown is kind of high, I'll have to work on that.

[img]Cleveland Indians Hat Club Custom by Craig Smith, on Flickr[/img]
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/25/17 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie, I saw that you compared the Swinging Wahoo poly to this and last year's PS Indians caps. I haven't handled those but I have seen a few other '17 dark navy caps ruined by bad poly. Does your Swinging Wahoo feel ultra-light and cheap or is it just mediocre? Guru seemed pretty confident that the poly for these would be better but I'm kind of worried by your photo since there doesn't seem to be much fuzz on the crown.

---

More Cubs caps today. I'm not a fan of the 'walking bear' unis but that logo looks great on a cap IMO. Seems a tad oversized in the photo but that might just be because I'm used to the standard 'C' cap.

Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/25/17 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Erie, I saw that you compared the Swinging Wahoo poly to this and last year's PS Indians caps. I haven't handled those but I have seen a few other '17 dark navy caps ruined by bad poly. Does your Swinging Wahoo feel ultra-light and cheap or is it just mediocre? Guru seemed pretty confident that the poly for these would be better but I'm kind of worried by your photo since there doesn't seem to be much fuzz on the crown.

---

More Cubs caps today. I'm not a fan of the 'walking bear' unis but that logo looks great on a cap IMO. Seems a tad oversized in the photo but that might just be because I'm used to the standard 'C' cap.

Love this logo, wish they would use that for an alt on the field
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/25/17 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:

---

Its decent poly, certainly not performance poly. I think it is exactly the same as the Postseason hats from last year.
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 09/25/17 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The crown on my swinging wahoo is pretty high too.
jy2k2
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/25/17 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turn ahead the clock A's and M's hats coming out tomorrow! read it on their twitter page
benpc21

Post Posted: 09/25/17 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not one of the newest releases, but I finally added this Tacoma Rainiers Mariners colorway to the collection. It looks great in person. It combines two of my favorite things, my favorite $h@t beer and the M's. Its made in China which I knew getting into it, but made of wool which I wasn't expecting. It's going to take a little work to get it to fit, but still happy none the less.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/27/17 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That Rainiers cap looks beautiful despite being Chino and wool, benpc. I'd like to see the parent club do something like that with just an 'S'.

---

So today's Hat Club customs are Chandler Diamondbacks recreations. The pro team should have used these for inspiration when they did their re-brand. Swap the orange out for Sedona red and they'd finally have a great set; the simple orange on black design reminds me of the Manchester United caps Hat Club put out earlier this year. Even the overly long name works on the old jersey:

Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/27/17 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I just called our boy Luis at Hat Club to place an order on that Sun Devils Frank Kush era logo cap I mentioned earlier, and he talked me into a second cap (to get free shipping) so I snagged that Cubbies walking Cub logo cap, too (I was gonna snag that Chandler D Backs cap, but that Cubbies cap is one I've been wanting for a LONG time as I love that logo). Great service, and I can't wait to get em!

Last edited by Fiddy Sicks on 09/28/17 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/27/17 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He is pretty great. I called today to try and order the red Expos hat before it drops online and he told me he couldn't just yet, but that it and the Jaxpos pinwheel will drop next Wednesday. Said should be plenty of the all red stock but the Jaxpos will be limited.

He was also pretty honest and said no Orioles or Nats hats in the pipeline (I know Guru had said no to Os).

Coooome on next Wednesday!
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/27/17 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
He is pretty great. I called today to try and order the red Expos hat before it drops online and he told me he couldn't just yet, but that it and the Jaxpos pinwheel will drop next Wednesday. Said should be plenty of the all red stock but the Jaxpos will be limited.

He was also pretty honest and said no Orioles or Nats hats in the pipeline (I know Guru had said no to Os).

Coooome on next Wednesday!

He don't got the sauce on the release dates. Those hats are coming though and that Jaxpos is limited keep peeping HC's Twitter and IG accounts for news.

I didn't say no forever.... Both those trains'll be pulling into the station sooner than later.
Page 14 of 29   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: