Lids.com has the MLB retro classicsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The most recent Hat Club custom I got is made with imported and feels great. Ditto for every other made with imported poly caps I have.

If I handed you the Pirates on field I picked up at PNC this year, the only way you’d know it was made with imported materials is by looking at the tag. Literally no difference.
Betters22
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
The most recent Hat Club custom I got is made with imported and feels great. Ditto for every other made with imported poly caps I have.

If I handed you the Pirates on field I picked up at PNC this year, the only way you’d know it was made with imported materials is by looking at the tag. Literally no difference.

If you picked up a navy colored hat lately you would notice the difference. Certain colors have different material quality to them
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:
If you picked up a navy colored hat lately you would notice the difference. Certain colors have different material quality to them

Absolutely but to say that imported materials caps are always crap, as christo has, is wrong. And to target Hat Club's releases and Guru specifically suggests an ulterior motive unless the guy truly is clueless (definitely a possibilty).
christo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Betters22 wrote:

Absolutely but to say that imported materials caps are always crap, as christo has, is wrong. And to target Hat Club's releases and Guru specifically suggests an ulterior motive unless the guy truly is clueless (definitely a possibilty).

Where is the poly from? If it is China then saying the 40.00 caps are made in USA is untrue.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
christo wrote:
Where is the poly from? If it is China then saying the 40.00 caps are made in USA is untrue.

What does that have to do with your assertion that 100% MUSA is always superior? I never made any claim about how 'American' the imported materials caps were, only that it's quite possible to find imported materials caps where you can't tell the difference. The 'imported materials' tag is only a guide when it comes to quality, not a guarantee.
christo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
christo wrote:

What does that have to do with your assertion that 100% MUSA is always superior? I never made any claim about how 'American' the imported materials caps were, only that it's quite possible to find imported materials caps where you can't tell the difference. The 'imported materials' tag is only a guide when it comes to quality, not a guarantee.

I have personally never seen an imported materials hat that had comparable quality to a MUSA hat
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
christo wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
christo wrote:

I have personally never seen an imported materials hat that had comparable quality to a MUSA hat

I have seen, and felt, many imported materials hats that had comparable quality to a MUSA hat. But the funny thing is they’ve all come from your number one enemy, Hat Club. So since you don’t “waste” your money with them, you wouldn’t have a clue. Just give it up already and move on.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/11/17 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
christo wrote:

Look harder. There are almost always gems among the trash at Lids if you want to hold on to your irrational Hat Club hatred.

Many of the early imported materials caps were exactly like their MUSA counterparts at the time: same poly, same construction. I'm wearing one of those early imported materials caps right now in fact; can't tell the difference at all from 100% MUSA. It's only as time has passed that some colors have had bad runs and the crowns have declined in general.

But even now there are awesome imported material caps being made. There were awful black caps in '16 for example but they're some of the best this year. And if the red Expos custom is any indication, NE is using good red poly again too; they also put great crowns in those. And Hat Club put out some incredible imported materials NW green caps this summer that were more than worth the $40.
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/11/17 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quick question here? Why the hell do people think a tag that says w/ Imported material means a God Damned thing??? I’ll keep it simple. The only freaking tags New Era has now for USA made poly hats manufactured in Derby, NY say made in USA w/ Imported materials regardless of material. Between me, Guru Click and about a hundred more people I know we can show you a thousand premium high grade USA made USA fabric caps with that tag.
christo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/11/17 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
Quick question here? Why the hell do people think a tag that says w/ Imported material means a God Damned thing??? I’ll keep it simple. The only freaking tags New Era has now for USA made poly hats manufactured in Derby, NY say made in USA w/ Imported materials regardless of material. Between me, Guru Click and about a hundred more people I know we can show you a thousand premium high grade USA made USA fabric caps with that tag.

i didn't know this. i appreciate the insight. this was all i needed to know. shame for the rest of what went on here past week. apologies to all. keep rocking in the free world.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/11/17 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edit: delete.
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/16/17 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, call me a sucker. But I've signed up to try to get another Cubs retro classic today after noticing Lids was running a 30% off deal, and delivering to the store for free. That means what was a $41 cap is now $27. They screwed me the first time by sending a Cleveland Cavaliers cap, and I vowed never to do business with Lids again. Oh well, short term memory. Remind me of this when this one somehow arrives screwed-up...
Page 20 of 20   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: