are these fake Indians on field hats?View previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/12/17 5:12 pm    Post subject: are these fake Indians on field hats? Reply with quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLEVELAND-INDIANS-Baseball-Cap-Hat-Red-7-7-1-4-7-3-8-7-1-2-7-5-8-7-3-4-/162709752141?var=&hash=item25e241c94d:g:mzQAAOSwPGlZ3uiB

the poly looks kinda odd.
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 10/12/17 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw these, the poly looks really fake.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/12/17 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That looks really bad
wallyhopp
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/12/17 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a terrible quality photo.

Inside cap piping and NE embossed squatchee metal look right to the era.

Wahoo looks spot on. Recreating a non fuzz light navy Poly look isn't too hard (I'm talking recreating a terrible photo to look like something it's not. It seems to be too bright or high contrast. Lots of Poly on fields look like this under bright lights. ).

Although it does look more like chino wool. I'd ask for better in focus photos before calling them off. ( I own upwards of 50 cle on fields and wouldn't call this one fake just yet.)

Now an NY/NJ based seller with other questionable jerseys does lead me to steering cleaR until I got better photos. First impressions aren't good though. Good call on questioning it's authenticity
Betters22
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/13/17 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats as phony as a $3 bill, the cool base sticker is a giveaway. Most phony hats will have the cool base sticker
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/13/17 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:
Thats as phony as a $3 bill, the cool base sticker is a giveaway. Most phony hats will have the cool base sticker

I will bet you it's made at a factory in China that NE likely uses. It's becoming a common thing.
wallyhopp
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/13/17 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speaking of discrepancies, this could just be a made in China version, right? Technically not 'fake'.

I have a Twins M on field that has a cool base sticker but has the pre cool base white/blue 2007 era tagging on the band. Happens to be Made in China. I've always wondered if it's fake or just a overseas discrepancy

Poly quality is the only giveaway to being made in China. Everything else seems fine on it. Which scares me because this hat OP posted isn't a total dead giveaway .

I actually have two like that. Same team/color. So I'm trying to figure out other ways to deal a fake from a real
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/13/17 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Speaking of discrepancies, this could just be a made in China version, right? Technically not 'fake'.

I have a Twins M on field that has a cool base sticker but has the pre cool base white/blue 2007 era tagging on the band. Happens to be Made in China. I've always wondered if it's fake or just a overseas discrepancy

Poly quality is the only giveaway to being made in China. Everything else seems fine on it. Which scares me because this hat OP posted isn't a total dead giveaway .

I actually have two like that. Same team/color. So I'm trying to figure out other ways to deal a fake from a real

The dude is selling fake jerseys, so I'm sure this hat is 100% legit. Buy it and let us know.
wallyhopp
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/13/17 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just trying to gain a perspective on the issue. I sent in a request for non flash photos and a photo of the size tag.

There are many more OBVIOUS fakes on ebay than this one. I was just trying to be the voice of reason. Considering I own upwards of 4 dozen Indian onfields, this doesnt immediately raise a flag. I think too many are too quick about calling stuff fake or bad quality
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 10/14/17 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Betters22 wrote:

I will bet you it's made at a factory in China that NE likely uses. It's becoming a common thing.

People say that about fake NFL jerseys but from owning several from different sources, it's not even close. I would think a cap made in a factory contracted by new era would at least be comparable to a crappy made in China 59fifty, don't you think?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/14/17 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dinsmore16 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Betters22 wrote:

People say that about fake NFL jerseys but from owning several from different sources, it's not even close. I would think a cap made in a factory contracted by new era would at least be comparable to a crappy made in China 59fifty, don't you think?

The recent imported output from NE on AC's might as well be fakes they are that bad.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/14/17 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Dinsmore16 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Betters22 wrote:

The recent imported output from NE on AC's might as well be fakes they are that bad.

I have always considered the Chinese-made ACs to be "legitimate bootlegs".
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/14/17 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
I have always considered the Chinese-made ACs to be "legitimate bootlegs".

I've had the same thought.

What's sad/alarming is that there are now MUSA caps being put out that you'd assume were bootlegs as well. Some of the dark navy releases this year have been appallingly bad.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/16/17 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chinese fakes are the worse. I own a few
jake2701
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/16/17 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Betters22 wrote:

I guarantee it. When I traveled to Beijing I saw this with a lot of things but especially NE caps in the marketplace.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: