HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/15/17 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
That does look sharp, you did a good job on that flag and I wish the team would put this on the field as an alt.

Thanks man. I'm a bit of a traditionalist with the Cubs unis but I'd be interested to see how this cap could be used as an alt. At the very least I'd prefer the logo on a cap rather than on their blue top.

Fiddy Sicks wrote:
I'm gonna do that soon, because I too hate that white flag they used. What was your technique?

Thanks Fiddy. I learned how to remove the flag from EllisBurks88's posts in this thread: http://neweracaptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4565. I've posted some of my own thoughts/photos on flag removal toward the end of the thread.
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/16/17 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:
That does look sharp, you did a good job on that flag and I wish the team would put this on the field as an alt.

Thanks man. I'm a bit of a traditionalist with the Cubs unis but I'd be interested to see how this cap could be used as an alt. At the very least I'd prefer the logo on a cap rather than on their blue top.

Fiddy Sicks wrote:
I'm gonna do that soon, because I too hate that white flag they used. What was your technique?

Thanks Fiddy. I learned how to remove the flag from EllisBurks88's posts in this thread: http://neweracaptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4565. I've posted some of my own thoughts/photos on flag removal toward the end of the thread.

I was also partial to the red brim they used to wear on the road.
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/16/17 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So any friendly advice would be helpful here. Before I go drop some hard earned cash on retros at lids Id like to know if HatClub is getting more in. Id rather spend my money there so help a brother out plz.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/16/17 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
So any friendly advice would be helpful here. Before I go drop some hard earned cash on retros at lids Id like to know if HatClub is getting more in. Id rather spend my money there so help a brother out plz.

Retro...what?

MLB poly retros? Wool retros? MiLB retros? NBA retros? NFL retros?

Because the answer is yes.

(Wishing NHL retros were still an option....$&@%)
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/16/17 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:

Retro...what?

Sweet! Ill hold off until then! To answer your question MLB wools and polys. And thanks for answering.
jy2k2
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/16/17 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:

Retro...what?

any Philly A's. Washington Senators, Houston colt 45's, and Baltimore O's???
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/17/17 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:

Retro...what?

any Philly A's. Washington Senators, Houston colt 45's, and Baltimore O's???

So i can't speak to the As or 45s hats, but I called at some point in the last couple weeks and it was confirmed that the Orioles would have at least two in the not too distant future, the 1954 and 1966 hats (I am torn here, because they recently did these as TBTCs and while not perfect, not sure I can justify shelling out for the HCs - I'm hoping at least one of these is an alternate logo from that time). As for the Senators, i was told yes, there was a senators, but it was far enough off, that they didn't even have the color for it on the sheet that was being looked at, so he was unable to give me more than simply a yes on that. I was also told there'd be (in addition to the Red DC, which hadn't come out yet) the Navy Nats hat. As always, and keep in mind this was just what i was told when calling (they are pretty open), Guru could completely dismiss about half of the above as untruth...so grain of salt and all.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 10/17/17 8:54 pm    Post subject: WARNING: DO NOT GET WET Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:

WARNING: DO NOT LET a RECENT HAT CLUB CUSTOM GET WET INTERNALLY!

I pretty much ruined my $40 red Expos custom from Hat Club. Just as I have with at least a dozen other 59Fifties, I was trying to shrink the cap just a bit by dampening the band and putting it in the oven. But on the Expos hat, after I dampened it, the internal headband bled a river of black ink deeply into the crown.

I've never had this happen before. I've been trying to scrub out the black ink all day with a hat brush and hat cleanser, with only a small amount of success. The internal band also split open and the inside stuffing is pushed out.

The banding in this hat is clearly made much more inferior than other 59Fifties. And what's with the black ink running all over?

Argh!
jy2k2
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/17/17 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WARNING: DO NOT GET WET Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:

I pretty much ruined my $40 red Expos custom from Hat Club. Just as I have with at least a dozen other 59Fifties, I was trying to shrink the cap just a bit by dampening the band and putting it in the oven. But on the Expos hat, after I dampened it, the internal headband bled a river of black ink deeply into the crown.

I've never had this happen before. I've been trying to scrub out the black ink all day with a hat brush and hat cleanser, with only a small amount of success. The internal band also split open and the inside stuffing is pushed out.

The banding in this hat is clearly made much more inferior than other 59Fifties. And what's with the black ink running all over?

Argh!

WOW, that sucks!

have you noticed that the hat club hats run a bit bigger???

I had to shrink a couple in the oven to make them fit.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/17/17 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: WARNING: DO NOT GET WET Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:

Argh!

Jesus, that's awful. Even when NE does the poly right they manage to screw something else up. I myself have noticed that the buckram separates more easily on imported material caps and thus have become more hesitant to put them in the oven after ruining a couple.

The ones I screwed up weren't $40 customs though. Really sucks that you ruined a cap that can't be easily replaced, RedLegs.
christo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/18/17 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If someone
They could have warned you
When things start splitting at the seams and now
The whole thing's tumbling down
Things start splitting at the seams and now
If things start splitting at the seams and now
It's tumbling down
Hard
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/17 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
christo wrote:
If someone
It's tumbling down
Hard

Don't you have a bridge to be under?
christo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/18/17 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
christo wrote:
If someone
It's tumbling down
Hard

Don't you have a bridge to be under?

yes, wearing imported poly
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/18/17 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seeing as this is a hat forum, lets all agree to follow the theme of this cap. If we do, I bet our friend shrivels away.
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 10/19/17 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
Seeing as this is a hat forum, lets all agree to follow the theme of this cap. If we do, I bet our friend shrivels away.

Amen.

The biggest bummer about the Hat Club customs is the fact that the crown is so stiff and high when they're new out of the box.
Page 23 of 27   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: