2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
m_y_t_h

Post Posted: 11/22/17 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

Depends how you classify "new" and "on field". There are the Rockies and Royals patch hats (maybe Marlins, Dodgers and Padres too depending on if they celebrate seasons or anniversaries), possibly a Giants one. Then you have the whole new set of BP/ST hats that will I am sure be forced into regular season games just like the DE's were a few years back.

Lastly, there will likely be some random new alt(s) that show up at a team's fanfest next year like the Nats' ones this year).

Huh. By my count, there were 11 new on-fields last year, including the Rockies brightening of purple. In 2016, there were at least 6 or 7.

Could the potential lack of new caps be related to the UnderArmor uniform change in 2019?
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/23/17 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speaking of the uniform change, does anyone know when New Era's current contract ends?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/23/17 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Speaking of the uniform change, does anyone know when New Era's current contract ends?

It ends the same time as UA's. They signed like a 13 year deal.

Also, keep in mind when UA takes over it will be more similar to when Nike took over the NFL. Maybe less so since UA/Fanatics bought Majestic's production plant in the US.
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/23/17 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
jfi wrote:

It ends the same time as UA's. They signed like a 13 year deal.

Also, keep in mind when UA takes over it will be more similar to when Nike took over the NFL. Maybe less so since UA/Fanatics bought Majestic's production plant in the US.

Of all the major sports MLB has the best uniforms, cleanest and classiest. I just hope UA doesnít screw them up too badly but I have a feeling there will be unreasonable and unworthy changes. I heard the makers mark will be on the left chest above the team name. 😡
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/24/17 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
See, i think of any of the four major sports the only one im spending cash on is NHL jerseys. Best quality out there imo. But thats for a different thread.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/24/17 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
See, i think of any of the four major sports the only one im spending cash on is NHL jerseys. Best quality out there imo. But thats for a different thread.

I agree, the new Adidas jerseys are really nice.
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/24/17 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NE has been replying to comments on IG saying the Giants BPís arenít available yet because the team is working on a new design.
Izzy2014
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/24/17 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
NE has been replying to comments on IG saying the Giants BPís arenít available yet because the team is working on a new design.

Pretty much. I was told at Lids a mid-Feb release
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/25/17 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're going to see these in a BUNCH of different variations I suppose.

I wonder if this may may mark the beginning of an eventual switch to this type of material/logo treatment for the authentics as well. If so, I hope they at least keep some of the production state side. The DE BP caps were pretty terrible, but the biggest issue IMO stemmed from them being almost exclusively Chinese made. I got ahold of a few of the MUSA DE caps and they're actually pretty terrific caps. I could live with a switch like this if they remain MUSA at least for the on fields. Either way, I'm going to Lids tomorrow to check these out cause I've gotta see these in person. I'm sure in their current form they're pretty dreadful, but there's a LOT more potential here than the DE's had IMO.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 11/25/17 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fiddy Sicks wrote:

So we're going to see these in a BUNCH of different variations I suppose.

I wonder if this may may mark the beginning of an eventual switch to this type of material/logo treatment for the authentics as well. If so, I hope they at least keep some of the production state side. The DE BP caps were pretty terrible, but the biggest issue IMO stemmed from them being almost exclusively Chinese made. I got ahold of a few of the MUSA DE caps and they're actually pretty terrific caps. I could live with a switch like this if they remain MUSA at least for the on fields. Either way, I'm going to Lids tomorrow to check these out cause I've gotta see these in person. I'm sure in their current form they're pretty dreadful, but there's a LOT more potential here than the DE's had IMO.

To me, that looks like a cheap $12 golf cap. On Dustin Johnson, it would look fine. But on Nolan Arenado?

It hardly looks cutting age. I'm sure it's lightweight and comfortable. But compared to a wool or modern poly on-field 59FIFTY, it's like the difference between a windbreaker and a sportcoat. One is nice and comfy; the other is handsome and stylish.

I'm sure there will be many variations for different teams because with the plastic logo slapped on with glue, it has to be far cheaper to produce than a stitched logo, yes?

I go in and out with the DE's. But at least they still looked like a modern baseball cap -- with stitched logos and all. (Most anyway.) Call me cynical, but it seems like another cheapening of manufacturing quality to satisfy a corporation's bottom line. We actually sold those mindless American consumers on a cheaper product -- high fives all around boardroom!
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/25/17 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw these in the mall the other day and they look and feel like cheap garbage. I will not be buying one. A friend of mine purchased an A's cap and he said the main logo is already peeling off.
cardsfan1985
Rookie

Post Posted: 11/25/17 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got mine in the mail today and these things are garbage. Plain and simple. Very poor quality in my opinion. I didn't like the DEs, but they are a lot better than these trashy caps
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/25/17 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I must be in the minority because I don't mind these all that much. I picked up an A's hat today (kept the receipt , though) and I like the material a lot better than the DE stuff. The logo on the cap works pretty well too, so in the very least they're nice looking caps. I'm really surprised to see how they hold up to some wear, though. Like everyone says, they do feel cheap. They have that awful thin and square Chinese bill the DEs also had, and they run REALLY small. Like, even if I keep this, I'm probably going to have to exchange it for a bigger size. I feel like if we could get these made domestically it would be ok, because I could see some potential with the windbreaker type of material, at least for BP.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 11/25/17 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
I must be in the minority because I don't mind these all that much. I picked up an A's hat today (kept the receipt , though) and I like the material a lot better than the DE stuff. The logo on the cap works pretty well too, so in the very least they're nice looking caps. I'm really surprised to see how they hold up to some wear, though. Like everyone says, they do feel cheap. They have that awful thin and square Chinese bill the DEs also had, and they run REALLY small. Like, even if I keep this, I'm probably going to have to exchange it for a bigger size. I feel like if we could get these made domestically it would be ok, because I could see some potential with the windbreaker type of material, at least for BP.

Sell these for $12 and I might buy one to wear to the gym, mow the lawn or play golf in when it's exceedingly hot. But $36 for something that costs so little to produce, just because it has a plastic MLB logo GLUED on, forget it.
caplover83

Post Posted: 11/25/17 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
I saw these in the mall the other day and they look and feel like cheap garbage. I will not be buying one. A friend of mine purchased an A's cap and he said the main logo is already peeling off.

Ditto. I saw them too and they seemed very cheap.
Page 7 of 9   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: