HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/04/17 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Either of you tried the Pant Jack?

Fittedguy16 wrote:
Hatjack usually only works with permanent result on polys if you leave it on it for about a week and crank it more everyday. Usually snipping the sizing band helps too.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/04/17 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up getting one of the retro grey underbrim/white sweatband Giants caps they dropped last week and even though I'm going to have to return it due to a crooked logo (common on Giants caps) and a weird bulge on the front panels I must say these MUSA 100% wool hats are easily my favorites. They fit true to size and the wool that's used is definitely better quality than whats used on China repros just the fact that its easier to shrink and shape. Defintely picking up a Wahoo as well when I get paid.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/08/17 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Argh, just put my Expos cap order in and now see it has no batterman. Was the solid royal blue on-field ever worn/sold without one?
jy2k2
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/08/17 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Argh, just put my Expos cap order in and now see it has no batterman. Was the solid royal blue on-field ever worn/sold without one?

i was wondering about this too!

I ordered this Expos cap also, wanted a made in USA poly one.

Don't know why the hatclub expos royal blue hats don't have the batterman, the what if world series patch also did not have the batterman logo on the back.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/08/17 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
i was wondering about this too!

I ordered this Expos cap also, wanted a made in USA poly one.

Don't know why the hatclub expos royal blue hats don't have the batterman, the what if world series patch also did not have the batterman logo on the back.

What's also funny is that their awesome red Expos custom from a month or two back had a flat batterman and that's the style that would have made the most sense for this one. Oh well, most important thing is poly quality. Hopefully it's a step up from the Cubs BP custom, otherwise it's going back.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/08/17 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the time the Expos hat was set up with NE the choice was to go with either the raised Cooperstown batterman that everyone seems to bemoan or no batterman. This was a dictate from MLB Properties.

When the reorder was placed it was either create basically a new order to incorporate the flat and still period incorrect batterman which takes time and effort thst was tight with massive holiday order that was placed or simply do a straight up reorder.

There is a far more complex and frustrating maze that one has to navigate when ordering hats between NE shenanigans and league approval methods that are similar to an umpire changing his strikezone pitch to pitch.
caplover83

Post Posted: 12/08/17 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
At the time the Expos hat was set up with NE the choice was to go with either the raised Cooperstown batterman that everyone seems to bemoan or no batterman. This was a dictate from MLB Properties.

When the reorder was placed it was either create basically a new order to incorporate the flat and still period incorrect batterman which takes time and effort thst was tight with massive holiday order that was placed or simply do a straight up reorder.

There is a far more complex and frustrating maze that one has to navigate when ordering hats between NE shenanigans and league approval methods that are similar to an umpire changing his strikezone pitch to pitch.

I'm sure it's a royal PITA dealing with that crap.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/08/17 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

Figured the issue was on NE/MLB's end. I never see the batterman on my own head or on display so it's forgotten quickly enough. That said, I don't think I'd ever buy a raised batterman cap so Hat Club made the right call IMO given their options.

Thanks for the info, Guru.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/08/17 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Figured the issue was on NE/MLB's end. I never see the batterman on my own head or on display so it's forgotten quickly enough. That said, I don't think I'd ever buy a raised batterman cap so Hat Club made the right call IMO given their options.

Thanks for the info, Guru.

It's funny how MLB properties and/or New Era can f up something simple as the correct batterman or logos on a hat when a simple google search gives the correct answer. BTW the MLB style guide has been know to incorrect from what a team actually wore in the field. the Astros in 2012 wore TBTC uniforms from all eras of the team and for the late 90's hats they were 100% wool which is correct but the newer raised cooperstown batterman Rolling Eyes
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/09/17 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wonder what the chances are of ever getting a Derek Jeter esque Yankees hat made (black underbrim, white sweat band)
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/11/17 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
I wonder what the chances are of ever getting a Derek Jeter esque Yankees hat made (black underbrim, white sweat band)

These days just send him an offer and he’ll probably accept....

That freakin' b.

Sincerely,
A Stanton and Marlins fan.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/11/17 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might be worth giving Luis a call if you have an order with Hat Club that hasn't shipped yet. He was able to apply today's discount to my order from Saturday; no guarantees though as Luis wasn't sure it would work for me until he tried it. Call log seems pretty heavy btw, took quite a while to get through.

Tubby34 wrote:
These days just send him an offer and he’ll probably accept....That freakin' b.

Sincerely,
A Stanton and Marlins fan.

But that doesn't mean that Stanton will necessarily accept. Sad

Sincerely,
A Stanton and Giants fan

PS: Seriously, you have my sympathies. Marlins fans have truly been abused by their ownership over the years.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/13/17 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:

PS: Seriously, you have my sympathies. Marlins fans have truly been abused by their ownership over the years.

If I wasn't a Giants fan I would have jumped of a window already
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/15/17 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Am I alone in letting out a sigh of relief when Hat Club doesn't release a cap I must have two days in a row? lol
Gadm

Post Posted: 12/15/17 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Am I alone in letting out a sigh of relief when Hat Club doesn't release a cap I must have two days in a row? lol

My wallet can't keep up with the heat.
Page 29 of 46   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: