HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bulls and Rays came today. Only ordered one of each because the temporary hit from hedging my bets on each cap was getting ridiculous. lol Luckily both fit though the Bulls crown is a wee bit lumpy. Included a closeup of the Bulls poly since the burnt orange looked so great on the Halloween octopus cap last year. Sorry to report that it's nothing exceptional on this one but it's still good enough. Rays cap has the now standard excellent black poly.

The logo seemed HUGE on both of these but that could have just been a misleading first impression. And I do love the contrast between the burnt orange poly and the green underbrim.

Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those look awesome.

Hat Club has just been out of control, lately. So many great hats.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Those look awesome.

Thanks Erie. I'm just about tapped out myself. With no HC membership card these customs really add up. Shocked I can live without any of the caps currently listed under Coming Soon so going cold turkey might not be out of the question.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Those look awesome.

Thanks Erie. I'm just about tapped out myself. With no HC membership card these customs really add up. Shocked I can live without any of the caps currently listed under Coming Soon so going cold turkey might not be out of the question.

I hear you. I wish they offered a discount, like Lids. 20% off sure would be nice.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Those look awesome.

I hear you. I wish they offered a discount, like Lids. 20% off sure would be nice.

It's being worked on.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/12/18 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Those look awesome.

It's being worked on.

Luckily I got in on the old discount program and was grandfathered in. Very Happy
caplover83

Post Posted: 02/12/18 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Those look awesome.

It's being worked on.

Can't wait for it!
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
It's being worked on.

Hat Club would have all of my non-Ebay online orders if they had a membership program. Walk-ins as well if they expanded to eastern PA...

---

And my perfectionism strikes again. FYI, both the logo and batterman are incorrect on the HC Devil Rays release. It suffers from the same problem as many Florida Marlins Coops, namely that they've messed up the centering of the logo. It should be centered on the TB but is instead centered on the whole logo. Should also use purple as the secondary color in the batterman but instead uses the dark green the Rays would later use. There are a few other color issues in the logo but they're minor by comparison.

Still plan to keep it since the construction and poly are both top notch. The gradient logo also looks incredible in person. But I'd seriously consider double dipping if Hat Club ever did a re-stock and NE got the details right (I'm assuming the mistakes are on their end).

Photos for reference below courtesy of MLBcollectors.com:

CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought it looked a little weird centered on the T. Wasn’t sure of the accuracy level but that would bother me either way.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
I thought it looked a little weird centered on the T. Wasn’t sure of the accuracy level but that would bother me either way.

Honestly, I never would have noticed the off-centered logo if I hadn't gone to MLBCollectors.com to check. The batterman was the red flag for me since I just recently looked at period photos and saw the purple used for the names and numbers on the back of their jerseys. Suspected they wouldn't have used green in the batterman at the time and turned out I was right.

Part of the problem for me is that I was an NL market kid when the Rays joined and I really didn't even know they existed until they'd gone to their current boring look. The original and follow-up logos are thus quite foreign to me, almost like new designs. I still really like the HC custom but it's a shame NE can't get these basic details right.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Bulls and Rays came today. Only ordered one of each because the temporary hit from hedging my bets on each cap was getting ridiculous. lol Luckily both fit though the Bulls crown is a wee bit lumpy. Included a closeup of the Bulls poly since the burnt orange looked so great on the Halloween octopus cap last year. Sorry to report that it's nothing exceptional on this one but it's still good enough. Rays cap has the now standard excellent black poly.

The logo seemed HUGE on both of these but that could have just been a misleading first impression. And I do love the contrast between the burnt orange poly and the green underbrim.

Sadly havent got ship notif. For durham cap yet Crying or Very sad
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/12/18 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:

Really? Ordered both of these at 2pm sharp on Friday and they were on their way about 6 hours later. I actually would have had them yesterday if the USPS delivered on Sundays.

Do you think it might be worth calling to see if there's an issue with your order? I know they get backed up sometimes but demand seems to have slacked a bit with most of their releases since Christmas. Neither of these came anywhere near selling out the first day for example.
steadymobbin

Post Posted: 02/13/18 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

you can call, but I recently came into a situation that had me worried for no reason. I ordered the TATC giants and angels hats on the Saturday they came out and didn't get a tracking number until Wednesday. I called and Luis said that it was cuz they were shipping in one of the hats from a store before they shipped both hats to me. not saying that is your case but it could be.

also the rays hat from hatclub has gold on the ray and not on the original. honestly I got the first one hat club did (with the green bill) and I actually like it better. it just really pops imo.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/13/18 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My buddy picked up the Angels TATC cap and said it's pretty crappy. I guess it was all smashed up and the poly on the crown is that awful red poly New Era has been using lately. I have two Nats caps that use the same poly (Basic home cap and the HC all red D.C. throwback alt) and the material is absolutely sub par, Gotta be careful with red MUSA caps I guess because that material is second worse only to New Era's bad navy (I have both of the HC Warriors throwback caps which use subpar poly and a Braves Primary cap that uses a navy material that is absolutely atrocious).
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/13/18 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
steadymobbin wrote:
you can call, but I recently came into a situation that had me worried for no reason. I ordered the TATC giants and angels hats on the Saturday they came out and didn't get a tracking number until Wednesday. I called and Luis said that it was cuz they were shipping in one of the hats from a store before they shipped both hats to me. not saying that is your case but it could be.

also the rays hat from hatclub has gold on the ray and not on the original. honestly I got the first one hat club did (with the green bill) and I actually like it better. it just really pops imo.

Yeah, store orders take longer. Giants TATC was carried in some Bay Area stores, not sure about the Angels TATC. But unless Brett ordered the Bulls cap with something else I can't imagine that order's not coming straight from their warehouse.

And I did notice the inappropriate yellow on the Ray plus the teal instead of purple in the tail. Still nowhere near as bad as the Rays' own special event cap logo though. I'd send mine back if I had any faith in NE fixing the logo in the future (I don't). Neither of these Rays releases are selling super well either so I'm not sure HC would even bother with giving it another go.

I agree that the green brim two-tone looks really good. I wanted a on-field reproduction, otherwise I would have gone for the one you got. I'm hoping that HC eventually puts out accurate versions of their second set of caps complete with the black/green two-tone.

Fiddy Sicks wrote:
My buddy picked up the Angels TATC cap and said it's pretty crappy. I guess it was all smashed up and the poly on the crown is that awful red poly New Era has been using lately. I have two Nats caps that use the same poly (Basic home cap and the HC all red D.C. throwback alt) and the material is absolutely sub par, Gotta be careful with red MUSA caps I guess because that material is second worse only to New Era's bad navy (I have both of the HC Warriors throwback caps which use subpar poly and a Braves Primary cap that uses a navy material that is absolutely atrocious).

Damn, that's a shame about the Angels TATC poly. What's funny is the red poly on the HC Expos custom is first rate. Confused I haven't done a side by side comparison but I assume it's the same shade that the Nats use. I too had bad luck with recent Nats pickups but miraculously found an imported materials version an hour away with relatively good poly.
Page 37 of 51   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: