30+ caps for saleView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/12/18 10:45 pm    Post subject: 30+ caps for sale Reply with quote
Looking to slim down my collection so I'm selling a bunch of caps that either don't fit or feature the old poly construction. Bottom line is I never wear them. All fit somewhere between a large 7 3/8 and an average to large 7 1/2 based on current sizing. Many will require a Nu-cap and brim flattening as these tend to be Ebay pickups or some of the first caps I collected and was thus less gentle with. All are MUSA (a few may be MUSA w/IM) and none are dirty or have any odor. All but four are poly (three are DC wool, the other is a SS wool). There are several HC customs, MiLB alts, TBTC's and discontinued caps among these.

I'd love to sell them all together just for the sake of convenience but am otherwise looking for between $5 and $15 plus shipping depending on the cap's condition and whether it's bought on its own or as part of a larger set.

Please let me know if any of you are interested. I'll post photos of individual caps if this draws any interest. Private message inquiries will get the quickest responses.

Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/13/18 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got the most interest in my smaller caps so I'll post photos of them first. These are generally the highest quality caps I'm selling. I need to be clear however that all but one of these is technically a modern 7 1/2. They just fit very snug on me and I'd classify them as large 7 3/8's since I generally find the modern 7 1/2 is pretty reliable for me. I don't think any of these have been put in the oven so they should still shrink well too.

Expos and Mariners are Hat Club customs. Great caps but they don't fit me; bought replacements for both. They're $15 each.

Whiz Kids Phils and red crown Red Sox are TBTC's. Both caps that I want in my collection but they're too snug to wear comfortably. Work has been done on the brims but nothing extreme. Also $15 each.

Burgundy Phils is a CBP custom. Good cap but too snug and I have another that fits perfectly. Overpaid for this one but it has some slight staining on the side and squatchee (only noticeable when inspecting up close) so I'll take $10 for it.

Giants, Blue Jays and solid navy Red Sox are all Fly Your Own Flag on-fields that I'd love to keep but fit too tight. Top notch MUSA poly/construction on all of them. $13 each.

Rays would fall into the above category but it's actually a 7 3/8 that I bought by mistake. Also $13.

Buy three or more and I'll knock off a dollar per cap. Wink

Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/13/18 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whiz Kids cap SOLD
Burgundy Phils SOLD
Indians 'I' cap SOLD

Last edited by Guy Gadbois on 03/15/18 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 03/14/18 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy, could you private message me some tag photos of the Seattle Mariners caps and the Indians Alternate? Thanks!
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/15/18 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, now photos of the rest of the caps available. Unless otherwise noted, these are all 7 5/8 Coolbase or early poly that have been put in the oven to shrink to a fairly comfortable 7 1/2 fit. PM me with questions/offers. Wink

Prices and descriptions (please buy at least two if you want ones priced under $10):

1 Jays, Yanks, BoSox and solid black Rockies are all early poly and excellent caps for those who prefer the material and fit from that period. Yanks has the navy/red batterman. There's actually a second Jays cap behind the one shown but it's in rough condition though possibly fix-able. It comes free with the other Jays cap if you'd like. These are $15 each.

2 Cubs has 'Fly Your Own Flag' tags but uses Coobase construction/fit. Color is the old darker royal. This one's been worked on quite a bit to get a good relaxed fit. $5

3 Reds alts and Giants solid black are all 7 5/8 Coolbase. $5 each

4 Giants two-tone is 7 1/2 'Fly Your Own Flag'. Extra soft and curved brim on this one. $5

5 Twins two-tone is a 7 3/4 Coolbase that I believe was mislabelled. Fits more like a loose 7 1/2 now. $5

6 Rockies two-tone (old darker shade of purple) is 7 1/2 'Fly Your Own Flag'. Cap is in great condition, slightly soft brim. $10

7 Rockies solid purple is 7 5/8 Coolbase. Great cap, just don't like the Coolbase fit so much these days. $10

8 Nats cap is a Coolbase 7 5/8 with the gold batterman. Received it with the brim in bad shape, otherwise a good cap. $3

9 Mariners cap has 7 5/8 early poly tags but feels like a Coolbase. Good cap but not in ideal condition. $5

10 O's caps include one early poly and one Coolbase. Coolbase is in good condition, early poly isn't. Coolbase is $5 and you get the other free with it if you want.

11 Last photo shows two wools. Phils is a SS and a bit lumpy/soft; has a green underbrim and no batterman. Haven't seen another on Ebay. O's is DC and in great condition. Grey underbrim. Both of these are $10

Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Trade/Buy/Sell "MARKETPLACE"

Jump to: