2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/29/18 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
soxkrazy wrote:
Teams will be wearing ď42Ē patches on their caps this year for Jackie Robinson day.

A simple patch every year commemorating the day would be in much better taste than the silly practice of having everyone wear the number (something they'll still be doing in addition to the patch AFAIA). I also think they should un-retire the number with everyone but the Dodgers so players can choose to wear it in honor of the man if they'd like.

Agreed 100%. It has bothered me that Selig went full retard with Jackie. By retiring the number on every team, you prevent players from honoring the man every time they take the field. Its idiotic, then again, it was implemented by Selig, so...
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/29/18 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:
Chris Creamer is reporting the Marlins are wearing Florida Marlins throwbacks on certain dates this season so does that mean weíll see some teal poly hit retail at some point?

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/03/28/2018-team-by-team-mlb-logo-and-uniform-preview/

Thanks for the heads up on this. Hopefully they're able to come up with some high quality MUSA bright teal poly if they do wear throwback caps.

They also mention in the article that the Marlins supposedly shrank the 'M' on their caps this year and a quick check of MLB.tv seems to confirm that. Still not crazy about the logo or use of black as the primary color but shrinking the logo is an improvement IMO.

I was hoping it would just go away altogether. Well, maybe in a few seasons.

I hope we get a nice poly all teal and/or teal crown, black visor on fields. I LOVE those hats. Such a shame they were so short lived.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/29/18 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you think you will get a "nice" teal poly on these I point you to the USA made brown poly Padres hats.

You'll get the same teal poly that the Quakes used last year on their 25th Anni hats and that HC has used on various customs the last few months.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/29/18 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
If you think you will get a "nice" teal poly on these I point you to the USA made brown poly Padres hats.

You'll get the same teal poly that the Quakes used last year on their 25th Anni hats and that HC has used on various customs the last few months.

Damn. The surprise appearance of high quality MUSA NW green poly spoiled me. Crying or Very sad
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/29/18 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Damn. The surprise appearance of high quality MUSA NW green poly spoiled me. Crying or Very sad

Difference is NW Green has always been a good poly, it was just restricted to team use only.

There has never been a "good" teal poly.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/30/18 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Difference is NW Green has always been a good poly, it was just restricted to team use only.

There has never been a "good" teal poly.

Thanks Guru, did not know this. Poly also sucked on the Boyz II Men custom Hat Club recently released unfortunately. Might have to content myself with finally completing my huge M cap set now that it's apparently extinct. Will also be interesting to see the smaller M caps in person.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/02/18 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Took in a game at OPACY yesterday and there were no holdovers from last year's SE caps and no early releases of this year's (the '93 TBTC for example was sold at OPACY minus the patch early last year). Regular On-Fields, not SE/patch caps, cost $45. And every single 7 1/2 rail I looked at was Chino. Couldn't have been a more disappointing experience.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/02/18 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Took in a game at OPACY yesterday and there were no holdovers from last year's SE caps and no early releases of this year's (the '93 TBTC for example was sold at OPACY minus the patch early last year). Regular On-Fields, not SE/patch caps, cost $45. And every single 7 1/2 rail I looked at was Chino. Couldn't have been a more disappointing experience.

I have not seen a white panel made in usa O's hat for a long time now and also the red nationals cap.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/02/18 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:

I have not seen a white panel made in usa O's hat for a long time now and also the red nationals cap.

Only place I found a USA made red nationals cap was at a Lids in an outlet mall in Virginia. BUT this was late 2016 before the great flagging of 2017. Haven't checked since.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/02/18 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

Did you look in both the New Era and the Team Store? Or even the outlet store at the south Eutaw entrance? I havenít looked for plain rail hats there in forever, but was shocked to find low profile MUSA rail at a lids in Northern Virginia recently and the lids at National Harbor had more MUSA Nats and Os than I expected when I popped in a few weeks ago. Their selection is usually pretty awful.

When I was at the team store during Fan Fest this year they still had a ton of the Ď93s around...your comment about the SEs brings me to a question Iíve been meaning to ask - lids posted what looks like the exact same MD flag hat - are they wearing the same one again this year when they wear the MD jersey? Iíd prefer they do variations for a few years, much like how St. Paddy used to be. Anyone seen or heard anything?
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/09/18 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know when the Mothers Day hats are suppose to release?
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/09/18 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still waiting to see if Lids has it right and the Orioles are simply wearing the same MD flag hat this year (Guru?), but I was listening to the Os game tonight, and they were discussing a silly promo for April 22, when they'd be wearing special Earth Day jerseys and caps...ummmm...any clue what this might look like? The jerseys based on the tote bag giveaway appears to be light green...not that dissimilar to the light green memorial days from last year. Anyone have any further insight (ok, ok, Guru?) as to what the cap might look like? Further, what materials it might be (not prolight, not prolight)?
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/12/18 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Still waiting to see if Lids has it right and the Orioles are simply wearing the same MD flag hat this year (Guru?), but I was listening to the Os game tonight, and they were discussing a silly promo for April 22, when they'd be wearing special Earth Day jerseys and caps...ummmm...any clue what this might look like? The jerseys based on the tote bag giveaway appears to be light green...not that dissimilar to the light green memorial days from last year. Anyone have any further insight (ok, ok, Guru?) as to what the cap might look like? Further, what materials it might be (not prolight, not prolight)?

Fine, I'll respond to myself...

https://www.lids.com/baltimore-orioles-new-era-2018-mlb-turn-back-the-clock-59fifty-cap/21009053 - Why Lids insists on dubbing this a TBTC - this looks like the Earth Day hat...looks poly, hoping for MUSA as it looks like a slightly lighter St. Paddy circa 2012-2015.
aznkid25

Post Posted: 04/13/18 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Motherís Day caps available at the Giants Dugout Store:

https://twitter.com/SFGDugoutStore/status/984905644909056000

jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/15/18 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone pick up an on-field with the 42 Robinson patch? I purchased a Yankees one and it fits great! Just curious if anyone else bought one.
Page 21 of 37   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: