2018 TBTCView previous topic :: View next topic  
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/09/18 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Standard crown Brewers TBTC is up in all sizes at MLB Shop. Hoping my size doesn't sell out before their next sale.

https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/mens-milwaukee-brewers-new-era-gold/royal-turn-back-the-clock-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-14554327+p-6818538238219+z-9-604090606

FINALLY. I wonder if Hat Club will get this?
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/09/18 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
m_y_t_h wrote:
FINALLY. I wonder if Hat Club will get this?

Hat Club carried the 'M' TBTC in the same colorway IIRC. Then again, they just offered their own version of this cap so maybe not this time.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/09/18 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
CMPunk wrote:
Made in USA, huh? Too bad there's not a shred of fuzz on that poly.

Probably kind of like the Pirates alt. 3 from last year. Although, the Marlins TBTC looks worse in the photos.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/10/18 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Side by Side shot of my 25th anniversary bought at Lids and the one selling at Marlins Park

wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/10/18 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The lids on the left looks bluer, or is that just me?

It seems more in tune with what I saw with the retro classics (seattles "teal" crown and the all "teal" marlins basically used the same color.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 06/10/18 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:

It seems more in tune with what I saw with the retro classics (seattles "teal" crown and the all "teal" marlins basically used the same color.

It is indeed the second batch of retro classics teal w the darker green. It’s also more wool than poly. I think New era just slapped whatever they could together.

The dark really feels like wool, and I think HatClub got dinged with these too. Only good poly I saw at Lids was 1/8 and 3/8. Every other size is the wool like fabric. Feels really soft and flimsy.

Patches are also falling off the wool like poly too- for those who love patch swaps and would rather not pay for em Wink lol. Jk

[/img]
wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/10/18 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mickey's place never really gets the credit they deserve. I know 99% are Chino but here's a 1993 Florida marlins all teal cap I picked up awhile back.

Grey under. 100% poly. Their other retros seem to be 95% wool. The logo is even off centered like the og.
Downside is a double border bold batterman. Other than that, color is definitely more teal with less blue. Fits a bit big.

Poly actually has a decent amount of fuzz. Almost more fuzz than 2006 era Musa wool. Not an overly boxy crown at all.

If anyone wants the closest to the real deal, I'd skip the tbtc and go with mp
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/10/18 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:

The teal on the wool Lids version is closer to the OG teal. I like it better than the poly, crown is closer to LC crowns too.

Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/11/18 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haven't taken a picture, but I got my Marlins TBTC from Hat Club in the mail today and it's far better than what people feared. Poly is fuzzier than I expected and the crown isn't nearly as stiff as we've grown accustomed to. Of course it's not perfect and certainly isn't the U.S. poly of a few years ago, but it's fine.

Not sure how varied the stock will be, but this one is solid.
wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/11/18 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
wallyhopp wrote:

The teal on the wool Lids version is closer to the OG teal. I like it better than the poly, crown is closer to LC crowns too.

Interesting.
It's that whole perception vs. reality angle for me. I guess for at least 15 years, Ive wanted an all teal marlins cap, and when I finally saw the lids retro classic in my hands, I didnt like the shade of teal (even if its closest to the OG after the fact). I guess I wouldnt like the original either.. Kind of heart breaking.. But I do love the lighter teal shade seen on various other all teal marlins.

Just looking here
https://www.lids.com/florida-marlins-new-era-mlb-retro-classic-59fifty-cap/20942506
Photo 4 shows you what it looked like with my own eyes. Blue teal. The others is what I always thought the OG looked like.
ANd this one shows an even different shade of teal
https://www.lids.com/florida-marlins-new-era-mlb-retro-classic-59fifty-cap/20942508
Unless you own the real thing, the guessing game can be a bit crazy.

Seattle's PNW green is another crazy shade. When I first got my '94 original last year, I thought it was way too dark of a teal/dark color. Its in fact closer to the dark green seen on the As cap, than it is to the Marlins teal. Hc, lids, anybody has yet to produce the proper PNW crown color on a retro cap. I'm sensing this marlins cap is in the same category. Teals and PNW greens are impossible for them to get 100% right.

The fact they used the same marlins bluer teal on both the marlins retro classic and the mariners retro classic shows that lids tends to throw stuff at a dart board, and sometimes get things right, often times missing the mark.

Bottomline, i guess we get what we get when it comes to teals and turquoises
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/12/18 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
wallyhopp wrote:

It is indeed the second batch of retro classics teal w the darker green. It’s also more wool than poly. I think New era just slapped whatever they could together.

The dark really feels like wool, and I think HatClub got dinged with these too. Only good poly I saw at Lids was 1/8 and 3/8. Every other size is the wool like fabric. Feels really soft and flimsy.

Patches are also falling off the wool like poly too- for those who love patch swaps and would rather not pay for em Wink lol. Jk

[url=https://ibb.co/koOWco]

[/url]

[/img]

Got my two Marlins hats from Hat Club yesterday, they’re total crap. They’re too small, they have the bluer material and the construction is terrible anyway. I wish I could post pictures but I never can figure out how to do it.
wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/12/18 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use a image host like tinypic.com. Then come here and post the entire [[IMG]]. Copy and paste it over herr
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/12/18 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Use a image host like tinypic.com. Then come here and post the entire [[IMG]]. Copy and paste it over herr

Only lets me copy and paste a link to the photo.
eps23
Rookie

Post Posted: 06/12/18 7:37 pm    Post subject: Darker Teal Hat Club Marlins TBTC Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
wallyhopp wrote:

Only lets me copy and paste a link to the photo.

I ordered 2 of the Marlins TBTC from
HC and, despite tagging that says polyester, these hats are 100% Wool. Is it possible New Era ran out of turquoise polyester and just finished the run with wool? Anyone else have the same opinion?
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/13/18 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Darker Teal Hat Club Marlins TBTC Reply with quote
eps23 wrote:

HC and, despite tagging that says polyester, these hats are 100% Wool. Is it possible New Era ran out of turquoise polyester and just finished the run with wool? Anyone else have the same opinion?

So, mine feels like wool (has that wool fuzziness to it), but it has that awful imported poly smell. So your guess is as good as mine.

Regardless, it fits great. Probably the best fitting on-field I've purchased in 2018.
Page 6 of 9   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: