2018 TBTCView previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/28/18 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
All sizes still available on the HC site and that kind of surprises me. Are these not popular with collectors? Or did HC just buy a ton of them for their AZ stores?

I mean, think about it. It's an all white fitted, for a team that plays in Arizona. I picked this hat up during the original release (I just so happened to be living in Tempe during the drops of all three of their throwback caps) and while it's a cool hat, I literally NEVER wear it. White is a HARD color to pull off, and especially so in the AZ heat.

Also, that cream color isn't really as crisp as other white caps I have (Reds HC custom, Mariners 2014 throwback, ect). It kinda looks weird. It kinda looks sweat stained before you even wear it. No wonder they ditched that hat so fast.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/28/18 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:

All sizes still available on the HC site and that kind of surprises me. Are these not popular with collectors? Or did HC just buy a ton of them for their AZ stores?

I think the issue here is Dbacks have been doing this TBTCs year after year since 2014. Not sure but I think they did it in 2012 too. Retail used to have the big "A" while game used had the small "A" and I see this one has the correct small 'A".
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/29/18 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
I mean, think about it. It's an all white fitted, for a team that plays in Arizona. I picked this hat up during the original release (I just so happened to be living in Tempe during the drops of all three of their throwback caps) and while it's a cool hat, I literally NEVER wear it. White is a HARD color to pull off, and especially so in the AZ heat.

Also, that cream color isn't really as crisp as other white caps I have (Reds HC custom, Mariners 2014 throwback, ect). It kinda looks weird. It kinda looks sweat stained before you even wear it. No wonder they ditched that hat so fast.

I can't comment on the Reds two-tone (really wish I'd picked it up but I had to prioritize my HC pickups during that stretch) but I think I might actually like the cream two-tone more than my White Sox white one. The cream goes really well with the purple brim IMO. Still, I do understand that people are dubious of the cream and white two-tones due to how easy they get dirty/sweaty. I don't think any of them have sold have sold out quickly for HC recently..

el_gmac wrote:
I think the issue here is Dbacks have been doing this TBTCs year after year since 2014. Not sure but I think they did it in 2012 too. Retail used to have the big "A" while game used had the small "A" and I see this one has the correct small 'A".

Has this one been released every year? I know they did a big logo version a while back but I haven't seen this one since I started collecting a couple years ago. I know the solid purple TBTC has been regularly available if hard to find in my experience.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/02/18 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
any other teams doing TBTC this season?
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/02/18 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:

According to the below link, the Astros and Mariners are throwing back to 1979.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/04/03/promotions-watch-2018-mlb-throwback-nights/

I'm hoping the M's trident logo hat makes it to retail because I missed out last year.
HOUNDDOG
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/11/18 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just checking in,.. Just got my Mariners TATC 2018 model and it is Made in the USA poly! Man, I had forgotten how great they feel, although this is the first new cap I have purchased all summer.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/14/18 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HOUNDDOG wrote:
Just checking in,.. Just got my Mariners TATC 2018 model and it is Made in the USA poly! Man, I had forgotten how great they feel, although this is the first new cap I have purchased all summer.

Thatís funny because I got my Royals TATC the other day and itís an absolute disaster. Bill is crooked, crown logo is off center and shifted, the black material on the bottom of the bill extends over the top of the bill in places, and itís made with this new, absolutely terrible imported poly. Itís probably one of the worst hats I own.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/15/18 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone purchased and/or handled one of this year's 4th of July hats? I checked one out yesterday and the poly was quite stiff and scratchy. I am just wondering if they are all like this or the type of poly used is variable?
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/15/18 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry! Posted this in the wrong thread...
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/20/18 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone picked up the all-white A's TBTC? I'm just wondering how the poly and fit is.
ethanwa

Post Posted: 07/20/18 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
m_y_t_h wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:

According to the below link, the Astros and Mariners are throwing back to 1979.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/04/03/promotions-watch-2018-mlb-throwback-nights/

I'm hoping the M's trident logo hat makes it to retail because I missed out last year.

Full uniform should look like this since they are on the road for that game:

titans1127

Post Posted: 07/21/18 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoping to pick up a Diamondbacks Purple TBTC before Fanatics sells out of them in the coming week but really wish the team would wear the old black caps with the D logo so we can get a proper poly TBTC in low crown. But with it being a road cap mainly its likely not going to happen anytime soon.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/03/18 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Good news and bad news about this year's royal blue 'M' Mariners TBTC caps: Good is that the poly is super thick and feels great to the touch. Bad is that the logo was noticeably crooked on both 7 1/2's and the one 7 5/8 I looked at. Real shame about the logo as I would have bought in a heartbeat had they been centered.

These were at a Pro Image Sports in eastern PA so you can imagine how surprised I was to see them. They weren't out a few weeks ago so I assume they're this year's stock. They've disappeared from the Lids site and there's only one left in my size at MLB Shop. Hoping for a re-stock (Hat Club carrying it would be ideal) so I can see if the crooked logo was an isolated problem.

I had assumed these were last year's stock. Since the Astros and Mariners have a TBTC game coming up in a week or so, I wonder if stores will start restocking the M's hat. The Astros is up on Lids' website.
titans1127

Post Posted: 08/03/18 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bought the last 3 of the Arizona Purple TBTC Low Crown in my size and New Era quality control strikes again lol. Lots of loose threads and poor stitching. 1 of them would have been a keeper but the A logo had a few teal threads that look like they got slightly pulled up and aren't flush.

Can't catch a break, might as well give up buying any new hats.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/03/18 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
Bought the last 3 of the Arizona Purple TBTC Low Crown in my size and New Era quality control strikes again lol. Lots of loose threads and poor stitching. 1 of them would have been a keeper but the A logo had a few teal threads that look like they got slightly pulled up and aren't flush.

Can't catch a break, might as well give up buying any new hats.

That sucks. Honestly, it has been a struggle, lately. I picked up the Snow Wolves Alt, last week. They only had 4 or 5 in my size. I picked the one that the least loose threads and the straightest logo. Its not perfect, but then again, we are dealing with New Era here.
Page 8 of 9   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: