2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 212

Post Posted: 08/09/18 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Ksolo12 wrote:
[img]

My A's players weekend from last year. At least this one was USA made with decent poly and grey underbrim. I checked out the Dodgers & Angels at Lids and every single one was Chinese Made[/img]


Is the yellow close to what the A's normally wear? I haven't seen it in person and its hard to tell. I like this hat and a lot and I would consider getting one, if they are made in the US and use normal team colors. I don't have any desire to wear neon hats.


Ditto. This is by far my favourite of the lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ksolo12
Rookie


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 48

Post Posted: 08/10/18 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
m_y_t_h wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Ksolo12 wrote:
[img]

My A's players weekend from last year. At least this one was USA made with decent poly and grey underbrim. I checked out the Dodgers & Angels at Lids and every single one was Chinese Made[/img]


Is the yellow close to what the A's normally wear? I haven't seen it in person and its hard to tell. I like this hat and a lot and I would consider getting one, if they are made in the US and use normal team colors. I don't have any desire to wear neon hats.


Ditto. This is by far my favourite of the lot.


This yellow is a definitely a little light than the yellow in the normal A's color scheme. However, this yellow is not too bright and its easy to pull off especially in white T-Shirt. This particular hat is from Last Year's Players Weekend Hat. It has the Grey underbrim and the majority of last year's hats were MUSA w/IM.....I checked a few teams this year in retail and it has been 100% Made in China based on what I have seen so far.

This A's hat can be easily found very cheap now for about $15 to $20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 212

Post Posted: 08/10/18 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:


This A's hat can be easily found very cheap now for about $15 to $20


I'd be interested to find out where we can find these for $15-20. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans1127
Junior Member


Joined: 29 May 2016
Posts: 60

Post Posted: 08/11/18 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got in an order of 3 caps from Fanatics this morning. Red Sox, Blue Jays and Nationals all in low crown. Didn't think this was even possible anymore but the Blue Jays cap is 100% MUSA. No imported materials on the tagging at all. No issues that i could see with it at all and it fits correctly too. So its staying just for that. I'll post some pics later if I can. Nationals is a MUSA w/IM and the Red Sox is Chinese as I would have expected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1989
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 08/11/18 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:
m_y_t_h wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

My A's players weekend from last year. At least this one was USA made with decent poly and grey underbrim. I checked out the Dodgers & Angels at Lids and every single one was Chinese Made[/img]


Is the yellow close to what the A's normally wear? I haven't seen it in person and its hard to tell. I like this hat and a lot and I would consider getting one, if they are made in the US and use normal team colors. I don't have any desire to wear neon hats.


Ditto. This is by far my favourite of the lot.


This yellow is a definitely a little light than the yellow in the normal A's color scheme. However, this yellow is not too bright and its easy to pull off especially in white T-Shirt. This particular hat is from Last Year's Players Weekend Hat. It has the Grey underbrim and the majority of last year's hats were MUSA w/IM.....I checked a few teams this year in retail and it has been 100% Made in China based on what I have seen so far.

This A's hat can be easily found very cheap now for about $15 to $20[/quote]

That is good to hear. I'll try to track down last year's.
_________________
IG: erie_warrior19
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142626324@N08/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ksolo12
Rookie


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 48

Post Posted: 08/13/18 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[img]

Latest pickup is the Oakland A's Home Cap w/the 50th Anniversary Patch. I love the A's color schemes on their uniforms & caps.[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfortuna45
Beginner


Joined: 22 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

Post Posted: 08/13/18 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
Got in an order of 3 caps from Fanatics this morning. Red Sox, Blue Jays and Nationals all in low crown. Didn't think this was even possible anymore but the Blue Jays cap is 100% MUSA. No imported materials on the tagging at all. No issues that i could see with it at all and it fits correctly too. So its staying just for that. I'll post some pics later if I can. Nationals is a MUSA w/IM and the Red Sox is Chinese as I would have expected.


Which Nats hat did you get? I had to send back a Cubs, the black/purple Rockies, and blue Rangers hats to Fanatics because they were all Made in China. I had an incredible string of getting nothing but MUSA w/imported materials.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans1127
Junior Member


Joined: 29 May 2016
Posts: 60

Post Posted: 08/13/18 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mfortuna45 wrote:
titans1127 wrote:
Got in an order of 3 caps from Fanatics this morning. Red Sox, Blue Jays and Nationals all in low crown. Didn't think this was even possible anymore but the Blue Jays cap is 100% MUSA. No imported materials on the tagging at all. No issues that i could see with it at all and it fits correctly too. So its staying just for that. I'll post some pics later if I can. Nationals is a MUSA w/IM and the Red Sox is Chinese as I would have expected.


Which Nats hat did you get? I had to send back a Cubs, the black/purple Rockies, and blue Rangers hats to Fanatics because they were all Made in China. I had an incredible string of getting nothing but MUSA w/imported materials.
Mine was the Alternate 2, red crown navy brim. Its going back cause the brim appears to be slightly crooked. The Jays is too tight after trying it on again and the Red Sox has a wonky brim as well. I might as well stick with the high crown versions of all these caps that I have had for a few years now instead of constantly playing games with Fanatics. I don't mind personally getting Chinese made caps as long as they fit well and dont have issues with stitching or crooked brims.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aznkid25
Junior Member


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 78

Post Posted: 08/13/18 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still a bit early for a 2019 Authentic Collection thread, so Ill post it here.

This photo was posted by the Oakland As COO earlier today:


Looks like New Era & MLB will be going back to the Diamond Era material for the BP hats in 2019.

Source: https://twitter.com/chrisgiles01/status/1029129528050737152
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1989
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 08/14/18 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
aznkid25 wrote:
Still a bit early for a 2019 Authentic Collection thread, so Ill post it here.

This photo was posted by the Oakland As COO earlier today:


Looks like New Era & MLB will be going back to the Diamond Era material for the BP hats in 2019.

Source: https://twitter.com/chrisgiles01/status/1029129528050737152


Its kind sad how excited I got, when I saw they might be going back to DE. That shows what disaster Prolight is.

BTW, the A's should use that hat.
_________________
IG: erie_warrior19
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142626324@N08/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 212

Post Posted: 08/14/18 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:


Its kind sad how excited I got, when I saw they might be going back to DE. That shows what disaster Prolight is.

BTW, the A's should use that hat.


Haha, I had the exact same reaction. Not that I bought a ton of DE's, but at least I would actually consider it for the right design.

That is by far the best elephant logo they have used for a hat. There's too much detail in the other one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans1127
Junior Member


Joined: 29 May 2016
Posts: 60

Post Posted: 08/14/18 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like i'll have a new Mets cap to pick up for next year once these drop. Only own 2 DE's but the Mets low crown I have fits great and feels good on my head. I have a Jay's regular crown from a few years back is just as good aside from the very high crown on my head so I usually just wear it backwards instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baby dhibs
Platinum Member


Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 570
Location: Beaverton, OR

Post Posted: 08/14/18 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's weird but I'm legit excited to see what NE comes up with if DE is back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shane618
Gold Member


Joined: 12 Nov 2014
Posts: 257

Post Posted: 08/14/18 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is that DE or is it somewhere between DE and last year's All Star BP weird mesh? Either way it's better than prolite. Just can't tell from the picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ksolo12
Rookie


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 48

Post Posted: 08/14/18 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[img]

[/img]

[img]

I miss these days of the really good Poly & 100% MUSA caps[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 34 of 37   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum