HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/09/18 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HC finally manages to get a fairly accurate fifties SF Giants logo on a cap but NE just has to sabotage it by failing to interlock the letters. They pulled the same sh*t with the eighties Giants cap. Absolutely ridiculous company.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/09/18 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
HC finally manages to get a fairly accurate fifties SF Giants logo on a cap but NE just has to sabotage it by failing to interlock the letters. They pulled the same sh*t with the eighties Giants cap. Absolutely ridiculous company.

So annoying. Plus, why is the logo raised? It would look so much better is the logo was flat.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/09/18 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
So annoying. Plus, why is the logo raised? It would look so much better is the logo was flat.

Pretty sure they raised the logo on the Tigers '72 road cap too. I've actually been looking to replace my TBTC (crown is a bit low) but the HC custom's logo leaves me cold whereas the TBTC's flat logo is one my favorites.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/10/18 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Guy Gadbois"]
Erie Warrior wrote:

Pretty sure they raised the logo on the Tigers '72 road cap too. I've actually been looking to replace my TBTC (crown is a bit low) but the HC custom's logo leaves me cold whereas the TBTC's flat logo is one my favorites.[/quote

Did they? Honestly, I didn't pay any attention to that one.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/15/18 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
One of HC's recent release days gave me a chance to finally replace two early poly caps that I don't wear anymore thanks to my tastes in cap construction changing. It would have been 3 if they hadn't put a raised logo on the Tiggers cap and I actually would have been seriously tempted to buy all four if NE hadn't botched the '58 Giants logo.

Bad news is that their Jays rail has fuzz-free poly so I'll have to hope for a re-stock on that one. Twins cap is a winner however. It looked promising in the photos and my last dark navy HC custom had the good poly so this was the rare example of a dark navy cap I wasn't expecting to have to send back. lol Included a shot of the underbrim because I just love how the green, navy and red work together on this.

Speaking of the green underbrim, this is kind of silly but this Twins cap has been on my radar for decades now thanks to it's inclusion in Terminator 2. The kid is obviously wearing a trucker-style snapback but the green underbrim is still sharp. I've seen green underbrims on a few non-fitted caps in older films and am always impressed how much they class up a cheap cap. lol

soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/26/18 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI, for those interested: 1997 white Red Sox alt dropped today on Hat Club site. Was told it was an internet exclusive.
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 08/27/18 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought one of the St. louis Cardinals "Angry Bird" hat at Hat Club. It was very nice polyester and well made. I compared the one they had at Lids and that one was rough as sandpaper and the stitching was less than stellar.

Also I noticed in all the retro classic caps for the Cards in this particular store (South County Mall in St. Louis) all the brims had defecttive dents on them. I didn't go to any other Lids but maybe tomorrow I might. I thought about getting the off white birds on the bat cap to wear at one of the games I'm going to next week.

It's a shame the quality control in the chinese hats are pretty lousy.
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 08/27/18 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought one of the St. louis Cardinals "Angry Bird" hat at Hat Club. It was very nice polyester and well made. I compared the one they had at Lids and that one was rough as sandpaper and the stitching was less than stellar.

Also I noticed in all the retro classic caps for the Cards in this particular store (South County Mall in St. Louis) all the brims had defecttive dents on them. I didn't go to any other Lids but maybe tomorrow I might. I thought about getting the off white birds on the bat cap to wear at one of the games I'm going to next week.

MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 08/27/18 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Big Cappi wrote:

Not everything Lids releases sucks. But the thing about Hat Club, it's kinda like pizza or sex -- even when it's bad, it's good.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/28/18 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been waiting for Hat Club to release the White Red Sox Alt for a couple of years. Of course they release it, when I was out of town. Since they apparently only 3 or 4 in each size, they are out of stock. I am less than happy right now.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/28/18 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
I've been waiting for Hat Club to release the White Red Sox Alt for a couple of years. Of course they release it, when I was out of town. Since they apparently only 3 or 4 in each size, they are out of stock. I am less than happy right now.

Yeah, not super thrilled with how they handled this release. Bizarre choice to be given a totally unexpected SECOND slot Sunday release and I of course ended up missing it as well. I check the Instagram and Twitter feeds religiously before the usual release days so this was especially irritating. And at this point I still see nothing announced for Tuesday so the rush to release late on a Sunday makes even less sense.

HC twitter guy says a quick re-stock is likely so hopefully they give us proper notice in three months time. Mad
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/30/18 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't stay mad at Hat Club long. lol Had to pass on this during its last release but made sure to grab it this time as I really like the colorway and didn't have a cap that I actually wear that uses it. Poly and construction are uniformly excellent.

Speaking of construction, it would be nice if NE could do whatever they do to center a logo like this one, which obviously has to be lined up perfectly to make the concept work, on all of their caps.

wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/30/18 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does HC generally have a 25% off labor day sale? Got an order ready to pay for. But don't want to order two days before a sale starts up.

And just to compare the good side and the bad of USA made hc customs
https://www.hatclub.com/collections/size-7-1-8/products/exclusive-new-era-59fifty-mariachis-de-nuevo-mexico-hat-2t-black-red
Look at how crooked that logo is
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/02/18 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Can't stay mad at Hat Club long. lol Had to pass on this during its last release but made sure to grab it this time as I really like the colorway and didn't have a cap that I actually wear that uses it. Poly and construction are uniformly excellent.

Speaking of construction, it would be nice if NE could do whatever they do to center a logo like this one, which obviously has to be lined up perfectly to make the concept work, on all of their caps.

Grabbed the sneaky alien too, absolutely love it
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/05/18 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Untitled by Brett Swartz, on Flickr
Been awhile since i posted any hats! i have picked up a decent amount in my absence (as per usual) here are my latest HC custom pick ups. Love the royals affiliates and the C-Tigers logo is one of the best custom logos done by HC/Clink Room in my opinion. All have pretty subpar poly quality, but they all fit good regardless.
Page 49 of 53   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: