Chinese Poly Crap - Forehead Rub solutionView previous topic :: View next topic  
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/26/16 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
I also used to have a subscription to Beckett magazine. I used to love looking up all my cards when a new issue would arrive.

Remember how there was a form in there where you could go to card shows and fill out the prices you saw and send it in, and they said it was factored into the guide? My stepdad did that a couple of times. Wonder if they actually used that data.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/26/16 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
I also used to have a subscription to Beckett magazine. I used to love looking up all my cards when a new issue would arrive.

Remember how there was a form in there where you could go to card shows and fill out the prices you saw and send it in, and they said it was factored into the guide? My stepdad did that a couple of times. Wonder if they actually used that data.

I do remember that, now that you mention it. I also remember Cecil Fielder was on the cover of the first issue I ever bought.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/27/16 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
jchcollins wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
I used to obsess over the red marks on my forehead, to the point where I did not want to wear my hats anymore. Now I just don't care. Enjoy your collection!

Yeah with these hats it's easy to start obsessing over the minutiae. I'm trying not do to that. I don't even consider myself a collector! (I collect baseball cards). I came here just to get info. on the hats, lol.

I used to obsess over the smallest flaws. Now, not so much. I can fix most issues, except for a brim sewn on crooked or a non-centered logo.

I collected baseball cards when I was a kid. I have more cards from 1988 than I care to admit. They are not worth the paper they are printed on.

I used to collect too. When I moved, last August, I threw a ton of them away. It wasn't worth taking them, they weighed a ton and were worth nothing.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/27/16 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
jchcollins wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
I used to obsess over the red marks on my forehead, to the point where I did not want to wear my hats anymore. Now I just don't care. Enjoy your collection!

Yeah with these hats it's easy to start obsessing over the minutiae. I'm trying not do to that. I don't even consider myself a collector! (I collect baseball cards). I came here just to get info. on the hats, lol.

I used to obsess over the smallest flaws. Now, not so much. I can fix most issues, except for a brim sewn on crooked or a non-centered logo.

I collected baseball cards when I was a kid. I have more cards from 1988 than I care to admit. They are not worth the paper they are printed on.

I used to collect too. When I moved, last August, I threw a ton of them away. It wasn't worth taking them, they weighed a ton and were worth nothing.

My friend sold a bunch on eBay. Not individually, but as a huge lot. I think he used the auction method and was pleased with amount he got. I wish I could remember the exact number. I think he mostly sold cards from the late 80s and early 90s. Any amount of money would be acceptable, as you are basically selling cardboard.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/27/16 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
jchcollins wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:

My friend sold a bunch on eBay. Not individually, but as a huge lot. I think he used the auction method and was pleased with amount he got. I wish I could remember the exact number. I think he mostly sold cards from the late 80s and early 90s. Any amount of money would be acceptable, as you are basically selling cardboard.

Exactly. In hindsight, I should have kept them. This house has two fireplaces, I could have used them, instead of newspaper to get the fire going.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/28/16 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
jchcollins wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:

Exactly. In hindsight, I should have kept them. This house has two fireplaces, I could have used them, instead of newspaper to get the fire going.

Haha, a perfect use!
OzYankee

Post Posted: 11/19/18 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never had this problem with 59Fifty’s, but I am now with my 39Thirty’s. Any suggestions? I am thinking of using tape. See how I go 🤞🏻
Page 4 of 4   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: