2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Slappy
Rookie

Post Posted: 02/04/19 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When is NE planning on releasing all the Spring Training and St. Patricks Day hats? What are they waiting for?
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/19 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spring training up on lids.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/19 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good looks. What a travesty 90% are the same exact design. But I guess atleast the materials and stitching is different.

From my quick comparison of last year, only the Marlins, As, Brewers, Mariners, and Nationals have new designs.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/19 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
St Patrick's are on fanatics
http://www.bigtallfanatics.com/search/2019%20patricks%20on%20field%20hat

Same material and general design as the ST. Lazy with a dash of price increase. Nice.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/04/19 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess the new-style-every-three-years "rule" is out the window. Pretty disappointing. Basically the same material, without the puffly logo outlines. Lame-o!
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/19 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lame that they’re the same designs. I was expecting Yankees would be anyway though. I feel like I’ve seen these St Patrick’s hats before. Like Lids customs or something. Wish they had a patch.
fictional
Beginner

Post Posted: 02/04/19 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Good looks. What a travesty 90% are the same exact design. But I guess atleast the materials and stitching is different.

From my quick comparison of last year, only the Marlins, As, Brewers, Mariners, and Nationals have new designs.

Very disappointed in the Cardinals. After seeing the early announcements (which you pointed out are the ONLY new designs) I was hopeful for a cool design for ours.

Our game caps are very traditional, which is fine, but I expected more than a lazy rehash for this. Easy pass.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 02/04/19 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fictional wrote:
wallyhopp wrote:

Very disappointed in the Cardinals. After seeing the early announcements (which you pointed out are the ONLY new designs) I was hopeful for a cool design for ours.

Our game caps are very traditional, which is fine, but I expected more than a lazy rehash for this. Easy pass.

Hey, at least NE realized the blunder of ProLight and reverted to some form of Diamond Era material. Those ProLights, thankfully, must've sold miserably.

ST/BP caps are what they are -- terrific buys at $15 - $20 on the clearance racks months/years later.
Slappy
Rookie

Post Posted: 02/04/19 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well... i bought one of those Prolight garbage bag hats last year before Spring Training. It sucks, but why buy one of the new ones? They are exactly like the old ones, but better material. The Florida ST logo sucks too. As for the St. Patricks day hats, they would be ok if it wasnt for the floating shamrock on the top of the hat.
Very disapointed this year. Looks like the hats from years past will be busted out for spring training.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/04/19 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm really not sure what everyone expected, but I am happy with the news. I didn't hate DE material. There were a lot of nice designs (including the Cardinals) in Prolight material, but the fabric's trashiness made them unbuyable.

It's easy to dump on New Era, but this is an improvement in my books. We all knew the hats were going to be DE-like. Is it MUSA poly? No, but it ain't bad.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/19 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No one is complaining about the material. Seems like we were expecting new designs like they’ve done every year since the patches started.
Slappy
Rookie

Post Posted: 02/04/19 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, the material is much improved. Its the same designs as last year that wont get me to buy anything new. Even the patch is not that nice compaired to the past few ST.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/19 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
couldn't buy those shower caps even priced for $10 @ Lids
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/05/19 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The new fabric is called "Hex Tech." The fabric is anti-microbial which I don't believe DE or Prolight was. Most companies that make apparel for player use have been using anti-microbial fabric so I'm sure that's why New Era want with this fabric instead of going back to DE. I guess that's a good thing for those of us that buy game used caps. They'll be less smelly lol.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/05/19 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Held a couple of the new ST hats in hand today and the material is felt soft to DE's
Page 9 of 33   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: