59Fifty Hat PatchesView previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/07/18 1:34 pm    Post subject: 59Fifty Hat Patches Reply with quote
So I recently came across a few hat patches, which is huge because I’ve NEVER been able to find them before. I’d be able to save SO much money if I could ever forgo buying the hat and just grab the World Series/Special Event patches and add them to my own hat (I’m at a unique advantage in that I work with heat press machines for hats and shirts that allows me to install them very easily.

Anyway, here are a few of my recent pickups. All added to MUSA poly caps.

1995 WS patch added to Braves home hat. Weird find considering patches didn’t come on WS hats till the following year.

1997 WS patch added to Marlins primary cap. This is a HUGE find as the logo is pristine and sealed to the cap perfectly, This has been a whale for me for some time because I had an original and it was my first ever WS patch cap.

2018 WS patch added to Dodgers cap. This one is probably a knockoff but it works well enough and saved me from having to spend any more money on Dodgers or Red Sox gear.

Giants 60th anniversary patch added to Giants low profile. This one came as a surprise to me as I ordered it for a Jersey I was making and it ended up being WAY too small. Fit perfectly on that cap, though.

Anyway, does anyone else do this? Also, does anyone have a source for getting JUST the patches? I’ve actually worked in the sports apparel business for quite awhile now (I currently run merch for a pro team in Noethern California) and I’ve never been able to find a consistent supplier for these types of patches just for personal consumption.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/07/18 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those look great! Love the Giants patch applied to the correct side of the cap (ie, where the flag goes now). Is there a reason you didn't do that for the Dodgers one?
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/07/18 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Those look great! Love the Giants patch applied to the correct side of the cap (ie, where the flag goes now). Is there a reason you didn't do that for the Dodgers one?

Yeah that’s one of the non flagged ACs and I was debating about what team and side I wanted to use for that one. I had even thought about putting it on my Brewers cap just to be funny. I was going to originally put it on a Red Sox cap on the other side, but I kind of impulsively put it on my only Dodgers cap and decided on the right side of the cap just for accuracy’s sake. This is the first year I decided to pass on buying an actual WS cap (they were almost all Chino and I HATE both of those teams with a passion), so I wanted to keep my collection full. I have almost every single year of the WS caps other than the caps from the 90s (minus 97 and sorta 95. And 02 because I’ve permanently blocked that from memory).

Also, that Braves cap is a current run cap. I took a seam ripper to the flag and heat pressed the WS patch over it. It’s perfect minus being MUSAWIM.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/10/19 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did the same thing with '95 Indians hats, so I could have World Series ones.
Tbomb9887

Post Posted: 02/14/19 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anyone has a 2003 All Star game patch laying around,I would love it.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: