Derby is ClosingView previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
demondecko wrote:
Wonder what happened with all of the exclusives Lids had on the site. I also can’t login now so who knows what happens with the access pass stuff

http://neweracaptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12796

I detailed my experience with them today ha
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
But I will miss the sales, fanatics sales aren't great. I should have ordered the hat I needed yesterday...it was 15$ it's now 24$ cause of fanatics inventory smh. Not a fan of that. Their shipping is slow too.
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also lids had more sizes in the clearance stuff, fanatics ones are "almost gone"
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How viable is neweracap.com? Never see sales but they have some of their own customs. Are they their own entity?
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This blows. I know most people here have a hatred for Lids but the 20% was enough to keep me happy and they usually had a decent inventory online. What I wanna know is what happened to all the inventory Lids had yesterday? They had full size runs for the St. Patrick Day’s and now they flipped the switch and it’s the same Almost Gone bullcrap as fanatics.
kyle287

Post Posted: 03/20/19 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So.....the lady on the live chat today told me members get a 20% coupon code via email every month to use in store and online and I was floored. So we only have one chance per month to use our discount???? No thanks
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kyle287 wrote:
So.....the lady on the live chat today told me members get a 20% coupon code via email every month to use in store and online and I was floored. So we only have one chance per month to use our discount???? No thanks

Is just a use once thing or is it good for the month?
kyle287

Post Posted: 03/20/19 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
She says each code is only good for one month and you can only use it once, either online or in store.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Figures I just renewed my access pass last month. This is garbage.
wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/20/19 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So reading some replies and comments. It appears all exclusives will be in store only. Online will be very streamlined and generic, essentially the same stock as fanatics/fansedge/mlbshop. Laughable variety as it stands. The online lids will be different than in store lids

Thousands of hats weren't exactly exclusive but just custom. I don't know where these fall in.
Welcome to 2019 where we have to go to our local lids to see what they may or may not have. No longer can they stock locate a cap 2,000 miles away. This is worse than losing mlbshop. A final dagger if you will.

It's tough to say once some of these items sell, what they get replaced with. My lids is the size of a child's bed room. These smaller exclusive city wide exclusives sound less efficient than if the whole country had access to them.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just want to be able to log in and use my rewards. Can anyone log in? I was given a 10$ reward today and can't access it...

Post Posted: 03/20/19 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I’m thinking live chat was closed early today because they were getting slammed with chat requests. I wonder if the physical stores will change any. Whatever the outcome, it doesn’t look good so far.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
So reading some replies and comments. It appears all exclusives will be in store only. Online will be very streamlined and generic, essentially the same stock as fanatics/fansedge/mlbshop. Laughable variety as it stands. The online lids will be different than in store lids

Thousands of hats weren't exactly exclusive but just custom. I don't know where these fall in.
Welcome to 2019 where we have to go to our local lids to see what they may or may not have. No longer can they stock locate a cap 2,000 miles away. This is worse than losing mlbshop. A final dagger if you will.

It's tough to say once some of these items sell, what they get replaced with. My lids is the size of a child's bed room. These smaller exclusive city wide exclusives sound less efficient than if the whole country had access to them.

Its like getting teleported to a time before the internet existed. What a clown show.
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 03/20/19 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im glad i picked up a couple of their retro hats last weekend now with the website change unable to find those same hats. Also 20% coupon monthly is useless w fanatica related sites has promo deals every week rotating between sites like mlbshop, nba store, fansedge etc. . Its too bad they blocked ability to stack promo codes
kyle287

Post Posted: 03/20/19 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. NE moves some manufacturing to Asia

2. Quality control is awful

3. Market is saturated with Asia-made product

4. Caps made in US feature imported materials

5. NE closes Derby plant

6. Lids is no more.

This is the end of my rope folks. I really don't like buying caps anymore. eBay is looking pretty good right now.
Page 6 of 9   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: