2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sportfreak620 wrote:
Anyone else surprised that the A's and Mariners aren't wearing patches on their caps for their Opening Series in Japan?

Didn't notice the missing patches but I did think that several of the A's caps looked pretty damned funky. Hope MLB gets used to their players looking like sh*t since I assume things will only be getting worse.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
sportfreak620 wrote:
Anyone else surprised that the A's and Mariners aren't wearing patches on their caps for their Opening Series in Japan?

Didn't notice the missing patches but I did think that several of the A's caps looked pretty damned funky. Hope MLB gets used to their players looking like sh*t since I assume things will only be getting worse.

Manfred only cares for mo' money, mo' money
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/21/19 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
sportfreak620 wrote:

Manfred only cares for mo' money, mo' money

Yep. He was handpicked by Selig, that should tell you everything you need to know about that guy.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 03/21/19 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
sportfreak620 wrote:

MLB was probably more worried about putting the ad patches on the jerseys.

God, if that ever happens...I mean, has everyone seen how awful they look on NBA jerseys?
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 03/21/19 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DrBoston wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
sportfreak620 wrote:

God, if that ever happens...I mean, has everyone seen how awful they look on NBA jerseys?

It's coming. This is the good 'ol USA. It's all about the money, bro.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 03/21/19 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
DrBoston wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
sportfreak620 wrote:

It's coming. This is the good 'ol USA. It's all about the money, bro.

Oh I know, it just freakin' sucks is all. The rank greed is just disgusting...like the teams REALLY need the extra million or two they get for ad patches or naming rights when they are little making billions hand over fist. I'm as big a capitalist as you'll find, but at some point it's just gross.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/21/19 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DrBoston wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
sportfreak620 wrote:

Trout and Harper's contracts aren't going to pay for themselves. Salaries are out of control, with no end in sight. Ticket prices are maxed out. Families can't go to games, which means kids won't grow up going to games. They won't care about MLB as adults. MLB is in trouble.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/21/19 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
DrBoston wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
sportfreak620 wrote:

Trout and Harper's contracts aren't going to pay for themselves. Salaries are out of control, with no end in sight. Ticket prices are maxed out. Families can't go to games, which means kids won't grow up going to games. They won't care about MLB as adults. MLB is in trouble.

agreed I barely go to the games when the Giants are in town, the rest of the season i stay at home cause it's a good $200 minimum to go to a game it's ridiculous
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/22/19 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Harper's contract is already paying for itself with the amount of tickets and merch they moved as soon as he signed. The end is already here for "out of control salaries". Payrolls are down, revenue is up and free agency is dead.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 03/22/19 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used to go to a lot of games back in the late 1990s/early 2000s when it was just me and my wife. We have 4 kids now between the ages of 14 and 8, they all play baseball and softball and basketball and it's too damn expensive to take the to MLB games. We've only taken them to 2, one at Fenway in 2016 and one in Cincinnati when the Sox were playing there in 2017. We just go to AA and AAA minor league games instead. We can go to 4-5 minor league games right where we live for much less than the cost of 1 MLB game. I get my MLB fix with MLB TV.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/22/19 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TickPick has been a godsend when it comes to getting great MLB tickets at affordable prices. No fees so the tickets are usually $5-10 cheaper than Stubhub with pretty much the same selection; and they're often $15-20 less than what you'd pay face on the team's site after their ridiculous fees are added on to already overpriced tickets. Just gotta check regularly once you've chosen a game to go to and you'll usually find some bargains. Helps that I'm within driving distance of four MLB parks though. This is also easier when the team you're seeing sucks and/or built their ballpark too big. They still get you with concession prices of course...

Oriole Park has had the best pricing around me even when the team was good. I've regularly gotten field level tickets for just slightly more than I'd pay for the best tickets at my closest AAA park.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/22/19 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
TickPick has been a godsend when it comes to getting great MLB tickets at affordable prices. No fees so the tickets are usually $5-10 cheaper than Stubhub with pretty much the same selection; and they're often $15-20 less than what you'd pay face on the team's site after their ridiculous fees are added on to already overpriced tickets. Just gotta check regularly once you've chosen a game to go to and you'll usually find some bargains. Helps that I'm within driving distance of four MLB parks though. This is also easier when the team you're seeing sucks and/or built their ballpark too big. They still get you with concession prices of course...

Oriole Park has had the best pricing around me even when the team was good. I've regularly gotten field level tickets for just slightly more than I'd pay for the best tickets at my closest AAA park.

Thanks, Guy. I'll have to check them out. Stubhub used to be great, before they started adding fees. I used to go to Indians games for $6, if you bought the tix a couple of hours before first pitch. Now they are no deal.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/22/19 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
Harper's contract is already paying for itself with the amount of tickets and merch they moved as soon as he signed. The end is already here for "out of control salaries". Payrolls are down, revenue is up and free agency is dead.

That may pay for a season for a season or two of his contract. Its not going to pay all 13 years of it.
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 03/23/19 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey I know you guys were all saying that the Marlins caps y’all have been finding are Chinese. Well at lids in Durham NC almost all, except 3 or so we’re USA made and I got a nice one in size 7 3/8 for me. I even bought my 1 year old son a Red Sox cap size 6 7/8 for him because it was a nice USA made one. He won’t be able to wear it for a while but I figured that the way it is going that it might be my only chance to get him a quality one. I know I contradicted myself from my earlier post but I’m a nut. I love caps and I couldn’t help myself. 😂 I will just continue to be very selective about what I buy. I actually bought the new Red Sox and Braves BP caps. I know that they are all Chinese but I actually love the material. Way better than the Diamond Era material, soft, holds its shape way better and doesn’t flop, and it’s really cool and comfortable. I think that they finally got the BP caps material right! Hopefully they won’t change it again!
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 03/23/19 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also the BP caps finally seem to have the same brims as the USA made ones. All the old styles they made the brims would crease and not bend well at all and they always flattened out. These roll and bend perfect and continue to hold the shape. I love a good curve to my brims so this is awesome to me!
Page 13 of 33   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: