Ebbets Field Flannels HatsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 01/15/19 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
go_gosox wrote:
Ebbets gets details wrong all the time. I’m dubious they would do a better job than New Era. (Not sticking up for New Era mind you). Roman Pro was the best company for the Cooperstown caps for a lot of obvious reasons.

Roman got a lot wrong as well. The 50s Brooklyn Dodgers and the 1980-84 Padres logos come to mind.

the 77-82 Giants too

The Roman Giants logo is technically correct. New Era and McAuliffe/KM/Roman each had VERY different Giants logo templates that were both used at the same time. The 77-82 Giants logo was the same that New Era had been using before 1977, but the Giants predominantly ordered caps from McAuliffe/KM during that period. The Giants ordered caps from New Era around 71 or 72 and feature the 77-82 logo. When Roman came around, Roman continued to use the McAuliffe/KM Giants logo for their version of the cap. The Giants never used them though, and apparently only ordered from New Era between 77 and 82. However, the Giants batting helmet logo from 77 to 82 used the McAuliffe/KM logo design. I suppose you could also say Roman's version of the 77 to 82 Giants cap is a cap version of their batting helmet from that time.
tducken

Post Posted: 04/18/19 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been looking for this hat

If anyone sees it for sale somewhere then please let me know!
Page 8 of 8   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: