2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 04/24/19 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LaughingIndian wrote:
Definitely seems like that, I’m seeing more made in Bangladesh caps. It’s the Tarriffs. I’m being hit hard at work trying to find parts because a lot of stuff is made in China is having to be brought back home to the States for production, which is awesome, but it is going to take time to get the infrastructure back going. Some is going to Mexico, and Latin America countries too I’d imagine. I’m not complaining, at least we won’t have to deal with Chinese crap anymore! This is a really positive stance that the President is taking. Hopefully it will force New Era to continue, albeit begrudgingly, to produce in the USA. On a side note, I have not collected New Era Caps on the regular in 3 or 4 years now. But I was at Lids yesterday and they had some nice Red Sox caps in my size, 7 3/8, and they were not only USA made but the Old style High Quality Polyester! I snatched up 3! I will be buying any Sox cap that I can find made the good old way to stock up just in case this was a fluke. I even checked them against my really old caps, exactly the same good old poly! Maybe it’s a good sign of things to come? I wouldn’t hold my breath though.

Funny you mentioned this because I was at a Lids yesterday and found 2 Red Sox MUSA in 7 1/2 with the exact same Poly you mentioned. It was top quality polity and felt amazing compared to the current crap. I actually bought one for the exact same reason as you & I'm not a Red Sox fan at all. Great looking & feeling cap.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/24/19 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:
Funny you mentioned this because I was at a Lids yesterday and found 2 Red Sox MUSA in 7 1/2 with the exact same Poly you mentioned. It was top quality polity and felt amazing compared to the current crap. I actually bought one for the exact same reason as you & I'm not a Red Sox fan at all. Great looking & feeling cap.

I saw a decent MUSA Red Sox 7 1/2 cap at a Lids recently as well. Not the absolute best dark navy poly that's occasionally surfaced but perfectly serviceable nonetheless. Unfortunately the fit and crown weren't great so I had to give it a pass.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/25/19 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI, this year's royal blue Brewers ball in glove cap is MUSA but has crappy greasy poly. Set to receive this year's two-tone Phils alt from MLB Shop tomorrow, will report on its quality when it arrives.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/26/19 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was at Minute Maid Park tonight and it looks like they are not selling any new stock of onfields MUSA. All the new stock was Chino and I think Bangladesh. Any USA stock they had looked to be leftover from the past 2 years with not so great poly. In the biggest sizes 7 3/4 or 8 you could still get the good poly with the Fly Your Own Flag tagging and the glued on New Era logos.

I was able however to buy a game used Jackie Robinson Day road cap that is MIUSAWIM. From the game used caps they had it looked like they just slapped the patch on existing team issued stock. Some of the patches were applied crooked and some were staring to come up on the edges. All the hats had the latest incarnation of tagging so I assume they are 2019 stock probably just made in quantities for the team. Poly is of decent quality, not the good stuff but not the greasy Chino stuff either. Cost me $50 but I figured it would be my only chance to a US made of this hat.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/26/19 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
2019 Phils alts came and these have good MUSA poly just like the ones being sold at CBP (disregard the 'Imported' description in the MLB Shop listing). One significant difference is that these cost almost $20 less after using a 25% code. Thank god I had the patience to wait.

Posting some comparison shots with the old style design. Honestly not sure which I prefer. I think the colors bleed together a bit more with the new design but it also looks cleaner. The logo also has a more three dimensional look though I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Some outline is necessary for this logo IMO and I thus far prefer both to the primary cap's logo. Finally, I'm shocked NE went with a red flag on this. I'll still remove it eventually but it's not as obnoxious as it could be.

OregonRoyalty
Beginner

Post Posted: 04/26/19 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
2019 Phils alts came and these have good MUSA poly just like the ones being sold at CBP (disregard the 'Imported' description in the MLB Shop listing). One significant difference is that these cost almost $20 less after using a 25% code. Thank god I had the patience to wait.

Posting some comparison shots with the old style design. Honestly not sure which I prefer. I think the colors bleed together a bit more with the new design but it also looks cleaner. The logo also has a more three dimensional look though I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Some outline is necessary for this logo IMO and I thus far prefer both to the primary cap's logo. Finally, I'm shocked NE went with a red flag on this. I'll still remove it eventually but it's not as obnoxious as it could be.

I've noticed that at least a few teams (maybe more) have "colorized" NE flags now. It no longer looks like the use the lightest color as a rule. Off the top of my head the Brewers have a yellow flag now on the their Friday night home hats.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/28/19 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Checked out some game used Opening Day caps at Citi Field and they all had greasy poly. I have to wonder if the good poly will go away completely once Derby is gone (the closure date was pushed to June, right?) given that they're already providing players with crappy material.

OregonRoyalty wrote:
I've noticed that at least a few teams (maybe more) have "colorized" NE flags now. It no longer looks like the use the lightest color as a rule. Off the top of my head the Brewers have a yellow flag now on the their Friday night home hats.

I've seen some MiLB caps with tonal flags though those might have been special event caps. Wonder if the team can request any color for the flag?
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 05/07/19 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[img][/img]

Lids has the Armed Forces on field caps for lots of teams. The caps look really nice but when you pick it up it's another story. Every single one of them in retail is Bangladesh with Horrible Crowns & feel to them.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/07/19 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:
[img][/img]

Lids has the Armed Forces on field caps for lots of teams. The caps look really nice but when you pick it up it's another story. Every single one of them in retail is Bangladesh with Horrible Crowns & feel to them.

It's either me or that looks like the Kids at Arden Fair in Sacramento
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/07/19 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw those caps in eastern PA over the weekend. Could tell just by looking that they were trash and handling confirmed my suspicion. The military appreciation caps have been sh*t since the forest camo a few years ago.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/08/19 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Armed Forces caps feels like bad Chino wool. Terrible.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/08/19 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Saw those caps in eastern PA over the weekend. Could tell just by looking that they were trash and handling confirmed my suspicion. The military appreciation caps have been sh*t since the forest camo a few years ago.

Agreed, I'm not a fan of the made up camo.
Slappy
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/12/19 9:37 pm    Post subject: Macys 30% Sale Reply with quote
I ordered a NY Yankees 5950 last week from Macys when the had a 30% off sale. It just arrived and its Made in the good olde USA. Very nice quality and only $26. Must be Lids left over stock.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/12/19 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Macys 30% Sale Reply with quote
Slappy wrote:
I ordered a NY Yankees 5950 last week from Macys when the had a 30% off sale. It just arrived and its Made in the good olde USA. Very nice quality and only $26. Must be Lids left over stock.

I saw an absolutely perfect MUSA w/IM Yanks cap a month or so ago. Derby was still capable of putting out great caps right up until the end.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/13/19 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Macys 30% Sale Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Slappy wrote:

I saw an absolutely perfect MUSA w/IM Yanks cap a month or so ago. Derby was still capable of putting out great caps right up until the end.

I bought a New Marlins on field recently and it was MIUSAWIM but it had good poly. Maybe they were using up all the poly stock they had leftover at Derby and they still had some of the good stuff laying around in random colors.
Page 21 of 22   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: