Is this on field fake? Need opinionsView previous topic :: View next topic  
tducken

Post Posted: 04/03/19 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
tducken wrote:
So I'm curious about the 6 strips on the inside of the cap. All of mine (bought in 2015/2016) only say 59fifty with the logo next to that. None of mine say anything about being official on field, only place mine mention on field is on the authentic collection tag.

Yeah that's common. I think all of my 2012-2015 fly your own flag on fields have the same vague piping. Same with a 2016 and 2017 on field.

2011 Cool base and before have the official ON-FIELD markings for the most part. I have however seen a tad bit of overlap so it's not always a clear cut issue if the piping is off, just one part of it.

Interesting...Definitely gotta know what you are looking for. I just now started looking on ebay for MUSA hats and am scrutinizing every thing, I've been looking at this one in particular https://ebay.us/THmD2Y
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/03/19 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool base sticker and tag looks good. ON-Field is together. I'd say legit. But it could still be chino made. So asking about the inner under side of the tag is ideal.

Price is a bit up there. I've seen $15-$25 consistently. What size u looking for?
tducken

Post Posted: 04/04/19 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Cool base sticker and tag looks good. ON-Field is together. I'd say legit. But it could still be chino made. So asking about the inner under side of the tag is ideal.

Price is a bit up there. I've seen $15-$25 consistently. What size u looking for?

Well $15-25 sounds a lot better. I'm looking for a 7 or 7 1/8. If you know another store I can snag those at that'd be great. Thanks!
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/19 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not available at this very moment, Macy's.com has had 30% off fan apparrel in the recent past. Include 6% cashback on Ebates, and you can get a deal. Non flagged caps are still.showing up.

Currently, comettrailsports on eBay has the all Navy blue Mariners for $24 shipped. I've bought multiple on fields from him in the past and all were MUSA. You can always ask if it's USA made first. Hatcapsandmore2008 has one sz 7 for $26. Caviles96 has a sz 7 for $26 and change. Runners.shop has the best deal at $19.99 shipped sz 7. Below $20, you can maybe grind and find a 'used' cap that's really not so used. $30 plus for me has always been reserved for rare gems. Never pay retail.
tducken

Post Posted: 04/04/19 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Not available at this very moment, Macy's.com has had 30% off fan apparrel in the recent past. Include 6% cashback on Ebates, and you can get a deal. Non flagged caps are still.showing up.

Currently, comettrailsports on eBay has the all Navy blue Mariners for $24 shipped. I've bought multiple on fields from him in the past and all were MUSA. You can always ask if it's USA made first. Hatcapsandmore2008 has one sz 7 for $26. Caviles96 has a sz 7 for $26 and change. Runners.shop has the best deal at $19.99 shipped sz 7. Below $20, you can maybe grind and find a 'used' cap that's really not so used. $30 plus for me has always been reserved for rare gems. Never pay retail.

Thank you for those recommendations, I really appreciate it. It's good to hear from someone who has some experience buying hats on ebay. I should probably just stock up on the historical relics of the musa NE hat.
tducken

Post Posted: 04/10/19 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ended up buying from Caviles96, I'm pretty sure the hat is legit. It makes me wonder though, how are people on ebay finding these old MUSA pre-flag hats?

[/img]
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/10/19 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it looks fine. We have to remember, the flag era just began post season 2016. Imported materials began ~2015-2016 on TBTC caps. Just like jerseys and such, there are people still selling and carrying around Reebok NFL and Reebok/adidas NBA jerseys.

Macy's/lids still has a few full size runs of non flagged caps. Some stores just didn't get the memo. Or they didn’t want to sell their stock for cheap, or get them flagged

On field Caps just aren’t too popular these days. I give it 3-4 more years before we see the non flagged really start to run dry. I can’t say for certain if prices will increase though. I’m buying rare wools for $15-$30.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/14/19 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's another fake

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112793954106

Bad looking poly
Bad looking sticker
Inner piping text is all kind of wrong
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/14/19 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think I've seen a fake Rockies hat, before.
tducken

Post Posted: 04/15/19 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I finally got my first hat order off of ebay (Mariner hat pictured above). Everything looked great, tags identical to the hats I bought in 2015-16. Only weird thing was this

I'm probably being too nit picky but hopefully the printing on these things aren't a bad sign!
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/15/19 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have caps with almost faded or blurred inner piping text. If that's the only real issue, you've got a great cap. If I happen to spot which caps have the blurred or faded text, I'll post them Here
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/13/19 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found some more
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153467989478

One of just a dozen that he has for sale. I think 1-2 may be legit. But there are some pretty bad ones. Tigers and mets come to mind.

brim sticker is fake. It has the black top and bottom line extending too far across the sticker.
The piping text does have the - between ON and FIELD. The text runs together though without any spaces. Obvious give away.
Page 2 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: