2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone got the details on the Expos caps the Nats just wore? The Nats are putting some stuff up for auction tomorrow (7/10).
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Has anyone purchased an All Star game hat? Thoughts on the construction and sizing?

I tried to buy one today but the sizing was a disaster. All the 7 1/2’s my Lids has were way too tight. Also tried a July 4th and couldn’t even get it on my head.
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/10/19 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
Anyone got the details on the Expos caps the Nats just wore? The Nats are putting some stuff up for auction tomorrow (7/10).

I ordered a retail low profile from MLB Shop and it has yet to ship.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/10/19 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Has anyone purchased an All Star game hat? Thoughts on the construction and sizing?

My wife and kids got me an Indians one for Father's Day. Its a low crown, fit is pretty true to size, bill was very easy to curve. Poly is the typical trash we get from New Era over seas sweat shops.

Here's what it looks like in bad lighting

[img]2019 Cleveland Indians All-Star Game by Craig, on Flickr[/img]
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/10/19 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mfortuna45 wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

I ordered a retail low profile from MLB Shop and it has yet to ship.

Listing on them said they ship on the 17th
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/12/19 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
jfi wrote:

I tried to buy one today but the sizing was a disaster. All the 7 1/2’s my Lids has were way too tight. Also tried a July 4th and couldn’t even get it on my head.

Yup, the FOJ caps are the worst I’ve ever seen, in terms of fit. I’m normally a 7 1/2, but just like Punk, I could not get a 7 1/2 on my head. The 7 5/8 was way too big.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/12/19 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I went to another Lids and again couldn’t even get the July 4th 7 1/2 on my head. Then I found an ASG 7 1/2 that fit perfectly. Tag said Made in China which at this point almost feels like finding USA made. All the rest were Bangladesh.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/12/19 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welp. I struck out on a two tone Indians block C with asg patch on field.

Finally found one below $30.

Took a chance online. Went with my smaller size and lone behold, it fits well

Greasy ugly no fuzz poly. Made in China.

Funny thing. The cap was shipped in a envelope. It came smashed to bits. But the hardened Chinese crown is resilient.

Photos to come later
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/12/19 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
Yeah I went to another Lids and again couldn’t even get the July 4th 7 1/2 on my head. Then I found an ASG 7 1/2 that fit perfectly. Tag said Made in China which at this point almost feels like finding USA made. All the rest were Bangladesh.

The worst New Era hat I've ever owned was a made in Bangladesh Red Sox on-field I bought a few years ago. Monstrously huge crown, shitty greasy/cardboard stiff poly...it's been my nasty sweaty lawn-mowing/yardwork hat for a couple of years now. That's all it's good for.
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 07/12/19 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Watching the Padres vs. Braves game tonight on TV. How did the Padres pull this off with no NE flag on the cap during the game? The cap did have the 50th Anniversary patch but no NE flag

[/img][img]

[/img][img][/img]
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/12/19 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:
Watching the Padres vs. Braves game tonight on TV. How did the Padres pull this off with no NE flag on the cap during the game? The cap did have the 50th Anniversary patch but no NE flag

[/img][img]

[/img][img][/img]

I saw some of the game used brown and yellow Padres hats w/the 50th Anniversary patch at PETCO Park earlier this year and they were Made in China with the ironed-on NE Flag. Perhaps the NE Flag falling off or the players removing them
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/19/19 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I picked up a couple new hats yesterday - the Expos TBTC was Chinese made, my navy/red Indians ASG was Chinese made, and I had to send back my Mariners 1989 TBTC because it was made in Bangladesh and the 3/8 fit like a size 8. It was ridiculously missized.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/19/19 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mfortuna45 wrote:
I picked up a couple new hats yesterday - the Expos TBTC was Chinese made, my navy/red Indians ASG was Chinese made, and I had to send back my Mariners 1989 TBTC because it was made in Bangladesh and the 3/8 fit like a size 8. It was ridiculously missized.

Sounds like it's getting harder and harder to find any new hats MUSA anymore, even quicker than I would've guessed... Sad
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/19/19 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did the Nationals wear Cooperstown collection caps for the Expos game?
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 07/21/19 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DrBoston wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:

Sounds like it's getting harder and harder to find any new hats MUSA anymore, even quicker than I would've guessed... Sad

I agree with you....I guess I'm just so spoiled with all USA caps that I refuse to wear Chinese and Bangladesh caps due to the poor quality. The good thing is that I loaded up on so many MUSA caps over the years that I'm not worried about it anymore. NE lost a lifetime customer in me but I don't really matter to them. In a strange way of looking at things they actually helped me out cause my cap addiction was really getting out of control. My purchases are far & few these days due to no USA made caps anymore.
Page 26 of 33   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: