Seattle Piliots TBTC hat on Hatclub.comView previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/18/19 11:33 am    Post subject: Seattle Piliots TBTC hat on Hatclub.com Reply with quote
https://www.hatclub.com/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/new-era-59fifty-seattle-pilots-turn-back-the-clock-hat-royal-gold

looks like its chinese made.

glad i found the hatclub exclusivse usa one a few months ago.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 05/20/19 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's completely ruined by having the NE logo on the side, too. Ghastly.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/20/19 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i noticed the TBTC and the hatclub version have a different design on the bill of the cap.
which one is more accurate??
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/20/19 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jy2k2, the Tbtc is more accurate by a long shot. The original had more defined leaves.

As much as HC touts accuracy, they have had some miserable recreations over the years.

The Tbtc looks like the Mickey's place cap they've been selling for years and years.

The HC version is missing the brim stitching. And that leaf design is absolutely terrible
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0833/0609/products/1330303.2_44f1ebae-5516-409a-8fe2-041b6fcdb795_1100x.png?v=1557282428

Terrible design and soft fuzz vs. decently accurate design but Chino wool
Tonal flag vs. visible flag.

You'd almost take the Mickey's place chino custom, which comes flagless and has decently accurate designs.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/24/19 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm that the team issued caps were made at Derby.
tducken

Post Posted: 07/03/19 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:

So the MLB auction might be the way to go then?
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tducken wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

The Mariners game used manager told me he has a number of unworn team issued caps and said they'll be available "soon" and would email me with sizes, quantities, and prices. However, it's been over a week and I've called him every day and he hasn't answered the phone or returned my emails. I'm starting to worry he just put them out and sold them. I'll be in Seattle in exactly two weeks so I'll check if there's anything left in person.
tducken

Post Posted: 07/10/19 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
tducken wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

The Mariners game used manager told me he has a number of unworn team issued caps and said they'll be available "soon" and would email me with sizes, quantities, and prices. However, it's been over a week and I've called him every day and he hasn't answered the phone or returned my emails. I'm starting to worry he just put them out and sold them. I'll be in Seattle in exactly two weeks so I'll check if there's anything left in person.

I was at the game on Sunday and I can tell you that the only game used hats they had out were the opening day hats with the MLB 150 patch on the side. I hope you hear back soon!
caplover83

Post Posted: 07/11/19 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
tducken wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

They haven't returned my calls or emails either.
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/11/19 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I never even realized that you could get hats directly though the team. Is this something that is easily done? Do they offer team issued low profile hats too?
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/13/19 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
caplover83 wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
tducken wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

They haven't returned my calls or emails either.

Please keep me posted if you hear back. I'll do the same for you. I'll be in Seattle in just over a week and I'll see if I can track the guy down.

mfortuna45 wrote:
I never even realized that you could get hats directly though the team. Is this something that is easily done? Do they offer team issued low profile hats too?

It drastically varies from team to team. Sometimes the team game used memorabilia managers are super friendly and will hook you up. Some can be unfriendly or not understand what you are asking for and just say they can't help you for this or that reason. Some teams will give the game used sales department lots of good stuff, some barely give them anything. Some only sell game used caps, some will sell both game used and team issued. Some teams sell tons of stuff at "fan fests" or similar events, some don't. Sometimes you gotta ask the right people at the right time or you you just get lucky. It makes it fun for me but it can be frustrating, especially when you've missed out on something good.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/18/19 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I heard back! If you email Sean at OnlineAuctions@mariners.com he will let you know what's available. I can tell you that he does NOT have 7 5/8 or 7 3/4. Your cap will be either game used or team issued, $50 each. I'm under the impression he's just going to grab whatever is first. I assume this will be first-come, first-served.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/18/19 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do no players wear larger sizes? I'm guessing 8 and 7 7/8 are out of the question?

Or maybe one or two guys have big heads and those are gone before they hit the auction block?
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 07/22/19 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to purchase a hat. It lets me add the 10off promo code for $10 off but when I complete checkout, payment page it removes the code from cart. Any other discount , free shipping codes currently working?
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 07/23/19 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Was at the Mariners game last night and they had a lot of Pilots player worn & team issued for sale in a LOT of sizes. All USA made w/IM and above average poly.

The store also had the O's TBTC player worn & team issued caps for sale too. They had a LOT of sizes and all were USA w/IM. Poly was above average here as well.

The team store had the Pilots cap but ALL (or at least all that I went through) were foreign made.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: