Scraping the bottom of the barrel?View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrBoston

Post Posted: 06/24/19 6:58 am    Post subject: Scraping the bottom of the barrel? Reply with quote
New Era just announced the "Team Eats" collection...5950 hats where they stitch on a food item next to the team logo. Seriously? Are they that bereft of ideas that they'll try to shill anything as a "new" collection?

https://www.neweracap.com/LIFESTYLE/FEATURED/Team-Eats/c/LIFFEAEAT?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweet&utm_campaign=teameats
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 06/24/19 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It could be worse. They could have the Team "Zombie" collection, Team "Household Products" collection, Team "Napoleonic Wars" collection, Team "Spice Cabinet" Collection, Team "Insect" collection etc...
New Era can get waaay lower!
DrBoston

Post Posted: 06/25/19 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Big Cappi wrote:
It could be worse. They could have the Team "Zombie" collection, Team "Household Products" collection, Team "Napoleonic Wars" collection, Team "Spice Cabinet" Collection, Team "Insect" collection etc...
New Era can get waaay lower!

Don't give them any ideas!! Laughing
tducken

Post Posted: 07/03/19 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The guy who pitched this idea was probably shocked that anyone said yes to it.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/04/19 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah that was my reaction to these too. I was thinking they're basically just putting emojis on the caps but then I realized that'll be the next collection.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/04/19 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tducken wrote:
The guy who pitched this idea was probably shocked that anyone said yes to it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/04/19 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
Yeah that was my reaction to these too. I was thinking they're basically just putting emojis on the caps but then I realized that'll be the next collection.

Oh man, you're probably right!!! Laughing Laughing
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 07/04/19 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have another idea. So if you are looking at this New Era I want the credit and some of the money! The WTF! collection!
The colors will be so hideous and off the wall people will say WTF!

Of course it will be done in Suede and PVC materials as well.
But that's not all! There will be L.E.D. lights in the team logo and cap button as well to give a multi color light show!

colorways would include of course Lime Green, Mustard Yellow, Rust, Ultra Bright Magenta,
Salmon, Eggplant Purple and of course Poop brown!
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/22/19 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A new contender for NE scraping the bottom of the barrel with their ideas...

https://www.hatclub.com/collections/size-7/products/exclusive-new-era-59fifty-new-york-yankees-rally-cap-game-hat-navy

$65 for this s?!
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 07/23/19 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DrBoston wrote:

https://www.hatclub.com/collections/size-7/products/exclusive-new-era-59fifty-new-york-yankees-rally-cap-game-hat-navy

$65 for this s?!

I see those going on clearance in a few weeks. That is the kind of crap I would expect from Lids now a subsidiary of Fanatics. However I would consider wearing it if I were a circus clown or wanted to look like some anime cartoon character. Hat Club should stick to the throwbacks and stop wasting money on all the hip hop garbage out there.

Whoever designed those pieces of excrement should be forced to wear them a whole year.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/23/19 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Big Cappi wrote:
DrBoston wrote:

$65 for this s?!

I see those going on clearance in a few weeks. That is the kind of crap I would expect from Lids now a subsidiary of Fanatics. However I would consider wearing it if I were a circus clown or wanted to look like some anime cartoon character. Hat Club should stick to the throwbacks and stop wasting money on all the hip hop garbage out there.

Whoever designed those pieces of excrement should be forced to wear them a whole year.

Totally agree. Beyond how stupid they look, there are so many things wrong with them (like why is the LA logo in the Dodgers cap not backwards like it would be if it was truly an inside-out cap?). Just really lame. I wish they decided to still make hats in the USA instead of gimmicky crap like this.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/23/19 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah this is pretty bad. I didn't see a single size sell out over the weekend. At least the surviving new era purists can laugh at this and move along.

And now theyre pushing $40 'exclusives' they are clearly not made in the USA.

What a tough time for these guys. They're selling caps now that ecapcity and Mickey's place has had for years for $35, for their own markup.

I swear I saw lids do an inside out cap awhile back. Maybe it was newercap. But I laughed at abig Cappi saying that. I think it's been done before. Or maybe I'm thinking of the OFFWHITE architectural crap that HC did.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/23/19 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I knew it. Lids did it awhile back

I guess HC did spruce it up a bit.

https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/1/optimized/11407051_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&hei=613&fit=fit,1&$filtersm$

Macy's now has some sizes and different teams. Crazy.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/24/19 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
I knew it. Lids did it awhile back

I guess HC did spruce it up a bit.

https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/1/optimized/11407051_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&hei=613&fit=fit,1&$filtersm$

Macy's now has some sizes and different teams. Crazy.

Looks just as dumb as the new ones they're pushing. You're right about the foreign-made exclusives, too. I lucked out with the two Red Sox HC exclusives I picked up a month or two ago...both made in the USA and I found my size (7 7/ Cool before they sold out. Also got one at a crazy discount ($24!) and had a 25% off coupon for both. So I got two MUSA exclusives for a combined $40. All the new ones they've got on there are foreign-made though so I'm done buying any unless I can find the rare MUSA one here or there. Sad.

Last edited by DrBoston on 07/25/19 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 07/24/19 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess we should be grateful that the damage was done only to NY and LA logo hats.
I don't think I could take anymore.

But out there. Somewhere is a designer with a brain full of ecstasy from the rave the night before who will have an idea in his or her head that will out A-hole those. And somewhere in management is someone who is lucky they are not working as a traveling carnival ride operator will approve of it and have it made.

And somewhere is China a slave worker who will be sewing them after eating his daily gruel and thinking "Americans have all gone insane anyway. So why bother with quality control. Just keep making more."
The horror continues on and on.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: