2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/22/19 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:
DrBoston wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
I picked up a couple new hats yesterday - the Expos TBTC was Chinese made, my navy/red Indians ASG was Chinese made, and I had to send back my Mariners 1989 TBTC because it was made in Bangladesh and the 3/8 fit like a size 8. It was ridiculously missized.

Sounds like it's getting harder and harder to find any new hats MUSA anymore, even quicker than I would've guessed... Sad

I agree with you....I guess I'm just so spoiled with all USA caps that I refuse to wear Chinese and Bangladesh caps due to the poor quality. The good thing is that I loaded up on so many MUSA caps over the years that I'm not worried about it anymore. NE lost a lifetime customer in me but I don't really matter to them. In a strange way of looking at things they actually helped me out cause my cap addiction was really getting out of control. My purchases are far & few these days due to no USA made caps anymore.

I'm at the point where I don't want to wear my four core MUSA Red Sox fitteds as much as I normally would because I want them to last a long time since I'll probably never find any of them MUSA ever again. It sucks but it is what it is.
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 07/25/19 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have same issue finding made in usa oakland a's hats. I did get lucky that i was sent a made in usa with imported materials low crown road hat from mlbshop. But my next purchase for the home hat was made im bangaladesh which i returned. Also got vintage ones off ebay for $15 which were deadstock with tags which ill keep but never wear. I also found a gray underbrim for $15, it was preowned but probably 8 /10 condition. Much cheaper and better quality than spending $40 for non made in usa ones from fanatics/mlb shop. Also currently i prefer wearing 3930s since their cheaper and easier to buy. 4930s and 9twentys i see more often. I tried 47 brand but if youre bigger than a size 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 the strap they use is short, its a tight fit and the brim its a bit shorter compared to new era hats which i dont like.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/25/19 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone seen this logo on the side of caps before?
https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/2/optimized/13317072_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&hei=613&fit=fit,1&$filtersm$

It's the logo they used from 1988 to 1996 on the sweatband.

The Macy's caps came out this year. They're labeled Cooperstown flip. I'm wondering if we'll see more of the older logo. I can't recall ever seeing it on a new era, retro or Cooperstown etc.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/26/19 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Anyone seen this logo on the side of caps before?
https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/2/optimized/13317072_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&hei=613&fit=fit,1&$filtersm$

It's the logo they used from 1988 to 1996 on the sweatband.

The Macy's caps came out this year. They're labeled Cooperstown flip. I'm wondering if we'll see more of the older logo. I can't recall ever seeing it on a new era, retro or Cooperstown etc.

I remember that logo well! IT was in all of the fitteds I wore when I was in junior high and high school in the early-to-mid 1990s. Good times (and great caps).
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/26/19 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's quite a few other designs that used to Make their way to lids.com. There's a 2009 stars and stripes 4th of July retro set up there too. Many other USA themes too.

For the cap above, I swear that cap looks to be nylon. The description says wool. I'm not buying it.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/06/19 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/08/06/black-and-white-uniforms-across-mlb-for-players-weekend-2019/
This year's Players Weekend hats and jerseys. "Interesting"
aznkid25

Post Posted: 08/06/19 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw the Giants Player’s Weekend cap yesterday at the game. Similar rubberized logo was like last year’s Clubhouse Collection hat. As for the material, it’s the same material (Dash Mark Mesh Technology) they are using for this year’s NFL Road Sideline hats.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/06/19 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
aznkid25 wrote:
I saw the Giants Player’s Weekend cap yesterday at the game. Similar rubberized logo was like last year’s Clubhouse Collection hat. As for the material, it’s the same material (Dash Mark Mesh Technology) they are using for this year’s NFL Road Sideline hats.

What's the country of origin for the hats?
aznkid25

Post Posted: 08/07/19 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Izzy2014 wrote:

All are Made in China.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/08/19 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The entire Player’s Weekend collection is trash.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/09/19 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Izzy2014 wrote:
aznkid25 wrote:

you're hoping for chino now , instead of banga or worse ?
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/09/19 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
Izzy2014 wrote:
aznkid25 wrote:

I was looking at some of Hat Club’s WWE caps and they were (IIRC) Bangladesh poly or possibly wool. Either way they were the scratchiest, cheapest-feeling material I’ve ever seen. I’d take a Chino over that any day. NE should be ashamed to put their name on that product.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 08/09/19 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
Izzy2014 wrote:
aznkid25 wrote:

I was looking at some of Hat Club’s WWE caps and they were (IIRC) Bangladesh poly or possibly wool. Either way they were the scratchiest, cheapest-feeling material I’ve ever seen. I’d take a Chino over that any day. NE should be ashamed to put their name on that product.

I bought one of Hat Club's Cincinnati Reds Bangladesh-made hats recently. I couldn't pass it up because I am a Reds fan and it has this gorgeous 150-year Red Stockings stitched-on logo. The hats sold out fast because they looked fabulous in HC's advertising and were unique, like most of HC's offerings.

The hat would be fine for $15, but I stupidly shelled out $40 for a low-quality product. Cheap material, bad fit, extra tall frontal crown. I have dozens of high-grade Reds hats and I will never wear this awkward fitting thing. I shoulda known better. Sigh.
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 08/09/19 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
The entire Player’s Weekend collection is trash.

Your'e right about that. Not just in the manufacturing but with the colors. It's one extreme to the next. Last year and the year before that it was over done vibrant colors. Now just to two stark black and white colors. Why does it all have to be so insanely garish?

It seems to me it's either one or all of three things. NE has an old hippie on a permanent acid trip stashed away designing this stuff, NE designers are stealing ideas from their 10 year old children or NE designers are taking drugs with the old hippie they have stashed away.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 08/12/19 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
Izzy2014 wrote:
aznkid25 wrote:

Totally agree. I've owned one Bangladesh cap and one Chino (the rest are all MUSA) and the Chino was 100x better than the Banladesh garbage. And all for the same price of $37+...ridiculous.
Page 27 of 33   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: