HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/28/19 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Updating this thread

I went in on a couple hats during their 25% off holiday sale.

They now sell stuff marked as MUSA with foreign materials, and end up giving you MADE IN CHINA mediocre crap

Buyer beware
The cap in question was a 1954 Indians.

I did receive some larger faced Wahoo's that did come as described.

Not sure I trust these guys anymore.

I should've know. The only size not available is the 7 7/8 that I bought.

this one here?

https://www.hatclub.com/collections/all/products/exclusive-new-era-59fifty-cleveland-indians-1954-hat-navy?variant=4876595527717

i also ordered this cap, hope its usa made!

i ordered this last year and it was USA made, but had to return it back because it was too big on me.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/28/19 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep.

That's the same. Made in China sz 7 7/8.

The 7 7/8 and 8 larger wahoo were all made in USA. I don't know what's happening. Let us know what you end up with. Like I should've known. A 7 7/8 available randomly? Something's up inventory wise. I won't take the randomness anymore. You lost a customer.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/28/19 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's a quick photo of it.

Hat club tags with made in China tagging. Super rare 7 7/8. Or atleast the size used to be v

I already own this 1954 cap from 3-5 years back. I'll try and get up a comparison. In general, this shits the same.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/28/19 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Yep.

That's the same. Made in China sz 7 7/8.

The 7 7/8 and 8 larger wahoo were all made in USA. I don't know what's happening. Let us know what you end up with. Like I should've known. A 7 7/8 available randomly? Something's up inventory wise. I won't take the randomness anymore. You lost a customer.

You should complain to customer service about this.

I ordered a Yankees anniv. patch hat last year, showed on the website as Made in USA With imported materials. Opened the box and it was chinese made. Luis gave me store credit and let me keep the chinese cap.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/28/19 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did send in an email request. Unrelated,I also got a $5 credit for a cap that happened to not be available a day back. So PayPal is pending a refund as we speak. Plus HC gave me a $5 credit for the online inventory being off.

Give me $18.74 back plus $5, on top of a pending $5 and I may.be okay with it. But maybe I'm being picky as hell

They're owing me $15-$20 at this point.

I haven't seen the online chat feature available In a couple weeks. That used to be my home for any troubles. I'm not trying to get a hand out. But please be accurate in all other regards.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/29/19 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Updating this thread

I went in on a couple hats during their 25% off holiday sale.

They now sell stuff marked as MUSA with foreign materials, and end up giving you MADE IN CHINA mediocre crap

Buyer beware
The cap in question was a 1954 Indians.

I did receive some larger faced Wahoo's that did come as described.

Not sure I trust these guys anymore.

I should've know. The only size not available is the 7 7/8 that I bought.

Not sure if this will make you feel any better but the last MUSA run of that cap that I saw had greasy poly anyway (an earlier run had the good stuff). Yours is particularly weird since it has a white sweatband unlike the black one pictured on the site.

I ordered the Diamondbacks black & teal two-tone (been waiting forever for that one to go on sale) and the A's Kelly green alt with the 25% off code. Both are listed as being MUSA. Not worried about the Snakes cap but I wouldn't be surprised if a few or even all of the A's caps are foreign.

I can count on one hand the number of HC customs I'm interested in that they still have in my size. Many of those are either super expensive ($45) or down to just one cap left so no possibility of getting an ideal fit/crown. This might have been my final HC order. Crying or Very sad
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/29/19 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Club and Derby at their finest below. Gorgeous cap with high quality poly and a strong brim (common with gray underbrim caps in my experience). Crown is stiff but I've come to like that.

This should be their home cap and the solid black version HC designed should be their road. Unis would still need significant work but at least they'd have awesome caps. I especially like how the purple is quite subtle here when paired with the bright teal in both the logo and brim.

wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/31/19 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks guy

They ended up sending me a pre paid shipping label. There was a bit of lag with their now email only chat feature.

The 1954 Indians is getting returned. I already have a made in China that I barely touch. Just couldn't do another, even for $19.

Here's a sunshine shot of the Musa with imported wool grey under wahoo cap

An ever so slightly bit of fuzz. The hats comfortable and well constructed. I went in on 3 before they sold out. The only positive of wool is that the red brim doesn't have super thick stitching. Not sure I'd pay retail. But $19 is nice.

And now. This is why I return and am left in awe. Derby in all its Glory.

Imported poly. Musa. The fuzz has this glow to it

Glorious
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/31/19 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Damn, one of the runs for that Tigers cap got good poly??? I handled some out in Arizona and those were greasy. Awesome pickup, wally!
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/01/19 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to say it instantly reminded me of the fuzz from the 1987 twins HC exclusive, one of the only other Navy crowns in recent memory with that sort of glistening fuzz. But maybe it was the sun angle? I'll pull out some greasy poly caps and get to the bottom of it this weekend.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 06/01/19 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
my 1954 Indians showed up today and its USA with IM. Crappy poly, 24.98 for USA made cap is still a good deal.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/04/19 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
my 1954 Indians showed up today and its USA with IM. Crappy poly, 24.98 for USA made cap is still a good deal.

Thanks

I actually recommended they check their remaining stock and maybe change the description. They said only their ONE and only 7 7/8 is a made in China cap, the rest being Musa with IM. Bad luck on my part. I would've requested an exchange if they were a bit quicker on the chat/email. I don't have time to nickel and dime. So I went for a quick return.

They received the cap yesterday. No refund yet.

Edit: refund came today. Pretty seamless.

They're now back on my buying radar lol
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/19/19 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone been buying their 100% made overseas 100% poly caps that now retail for $40?

Wondering how they look and feel.

Their variety hasn't really shifted south since Derby closed. But I'm not dropping $40 for just anything.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/19/19 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Anyone been buying their 100% made overseas 100% poly caps that now retail for $40?

Wondering how they look and feel.

Their variety hasn't really shifted south since Derby closed. But I'm not dropping $40 for just anything.

They'll look and feel exactly like the foreign made On-Fields you can sample at Lids and everywhere else. In other words they're not worth a penny let alone $40.

I see that at least some of their releases are still selling out however. Rolling Eyes
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/19/19 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah. The 'poly' looks so slick that it appears to be of the wool Chinese made variety. You can't even tell them Apart anymore. I just wonder where most of them are now made.

Any time you can see the diagonal pattern on the cap, it's not a great sign.

Of course the latest Richmond braves red crown looks great. It's MUSA. But the aqua posse cap looks cheap, with a MUSA/Im build.

Crazy that only a select few MUSA/Im caps have real fuzz. All of the recent poly.and wool are identical
Page 55 of 57   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: