2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 10/04/19 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It appears that all of the Postseason Caps (at least in the LA area) are Bangladesh made. The Dodgers cap is by far my favorite & I have seen no USA w/IM in retail. Ironically I found a boatload of non-patch regular On-Field Dodgers that are USA w/IM and pretty good poly. Last year it was pretty easy to find post season cap USA caps.

It's looking like team issued or player worn will be the only option for me this year.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/19 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buy one of each, patch swap, return the Bang crap.
longtimemlbcapcollector
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/05/19 10:43 pm    Post subject: Twins Post Season Caps Reply with quote
I have only been able to find the Twins road caps at Lids around here and they are mostly from Haiti. I did see a few Derby stock ones with the patch slapped on but none in my size. The road logo of course is the basic TC and the ones from Haiti are actually pretty good. The TC is quite profound and well made. Almost perfect actually. The bill is a little smaller than the old Derby ones but still firm but not stiff. The sizing is very good if not generous. I'm wearing a 7 3/4 when with the Derby ones could vary all the time, all the way up to 8. Also, surprisingly, the inside button had the New Era stamped logo like the Derby ones. (China, Bangladesh,Vietnam, etc. ones never seemed to have them) In watching the Twins playoff games on TV it appears that some of the players were wearing the new versions that appeared to be identical to these Haiti ones. Therefore I am going to theorize that maybe team issued caps are created in Haiti, then sent to Florida to be assembled and then they can slap the "Made in USA" tags on them for MLB. If that's the case, its stupid. Let that go. We have to face the reality that maybe Haiti is the closest that we are going to get to USA made MLB and New Era caps...Again...I was SURPRISINGLY PLEASED with these new caps.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/07/19 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why don’t they do postseason patch BP’s anymore? Doesn’t really cost them anything to make them. In ‘17 I randomly found the Yankees one hidden on Modell’s website but that was the last I’ve seen any.
longtimemlbcapcollector
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/07/19 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
Why don’t they do postseason patch BP’s anymore? Doesn’t really cost them anything to make them. In ‘17 I randomly found the Yankees one hidden on Modell’s website but that was the last I’ve seen any.

I'm going to guess cost and not selling many. Players have been wearing the game hats during BP.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/07/19 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Caps the players are wearing look terrible. All kinds of irregular shapes on display.

And I’m pretty sure this one has a glued on flag:

bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/08/19 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:
It appears that all of the Postseason Caps (at least in the LA area) are Bangladesh made. The Dodgers cap is by far my favorite & I have seen no USA w/IM in retail. Ironically I found a boatload of non-patch regular On-Field Dodgers that are USA w/IM and pretty good poly. Last year it was pretty easy to find post season cap USA caps.

It's looking like team issued or player worn will be the only option for me this year.

I was luck to find the home and road Astros postseason hats from Lids Made in USA with Imported Materials. These hats have the good fuzzy older US poly. Only issue is the crown is a little on the stiffer side but i've broken in the road hat really good. All the Astros postseason alt caps i've seen in person were not made in the US, mostly Chino. The team does not even wear the hat anymore so I don't really want to buy it but I guess if I'd find a good US made one i'd bite.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/08/19 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Caps the players are wearing look terrible. All kinds of irregular shapes on display.

And I’m pretty sure this one has a glued on flag:

The Ray's looked decent. Lots of vertically creased MUSA worn gems. But the twins. Wow. Odd looking caps for sure.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/09/19 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
longtimemlbcapcollector wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

I'm going to guess cost and not selling many. Players have been wearing the game hats during BP.

Yeah. I just figure the hats are made, the patches are made. Just takes some glue and they can jack the price to $41 and only sell online. It's weird that even the players aren't wearing BPs though.

I don't know how Lids stays in business. My two local ones haven't gotten new stock in months. Infuriating to walk in there deep into the DS's and have the idiot working there have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask if they ever plan on stocking the postseason hats.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/15/19 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://flic.kr/p/2hvGaY4
The "WS" patch returns to this year's World Series on-fields
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/17/19 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Terrible. Why does MLB allow that?
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/17/19 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WS nats patch hats, any USA made???
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/17/19 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone should get a screenshot of Paxton in his last game. That cap Shape and look is the absolute worst.

I'm noticing the lesser popular teams like the Nats, those guys have solid looking caps. Same with the Ray's. But some teams just look terrible out there.

Here's one shot I found
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/james-paxton-of-the-new-york-yankees-walks-to-the-dugout-after-the-picture-id1180884859?s=2048x2048
It looks like he has a helmet on under his cap. Maybe it's just his curve. But that cap stood out over the last few days as just looking off.

Edit

It must be a new overseas hat. This one is from a month back.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/james-paxton-of-the-new-york-yankees-acknowledges-the-crowd-after-picture-id1173478275?s=2048x2048
It looks fine here, right? Unless im just going crazy.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/18/19 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Keep an eye on eBay in the next few weeks. Last season I was able to get a few 2018 World Series hat patches (Probably bootleg patches, as they were stitched, but still not bad looking). Instead of having to drop $40+ on a gross Dodgers or Red Sox cap, I ended up just ironing them onto MUSA caps I already owned. Whole thing cost me less than $20.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/19 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
WS nats patch hats, any USA made???

A fellow collector reported to me that he found two made in USA red Nats caps at the Nats team store. He's sending one to me. THEY DO EXIST!!! I'll be interested to see if it's Derby deadstock or if a few Miami ones made it out to retail.
Page 31 of 32   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: