2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
longtimemlbcapcollector
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/18/19 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:
WS nats patch hats, any USA made???

A fellow collector reported to me that he found two made in USA red Nats caps at the Nats team store. He's sending one to me. THEY DO EXIST!!! I'll be interested to see if it's Derby deadstock or if a few Miami ones made it out to retail.

I am going to guess Derby dead stock...I now have all 3 Twins caps with the 2019 post season patch on them, made in Haiti, and I like them very much.....Fit very well and look good. In fact, no loose strings to cut off like I have always had to do on Derby made caps.....Again very surprised...
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/19 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:

A fellow collector reported to me that he found two made in USA red Nats caps at the Nats team store. He's sending one to me. THEY DO EXIST!!! I'll be interested to see if it's Derby deadstock or if a few Miami ones made it out to retail.

Found a mix of Chinese and U.S. made WS caps at a Dick's Sporting Goods. Weird selection though. Only had the red crown and navy bill cap (mostly U.S. made though) and some low crown home caps (mix of U.S. and Chinese). Didn't have any road caps or the patriotic alts.

Based on the feel/fit, I'm thinking these are leftover Derby-made caps and had the WS patch slapped on it.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/19 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:

That's funny considering that according to reports on here and my own visit, Nats Park was one of the first to get 100% imported stock.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/19 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:

That's funny considering that according to reports on here and my own visit, Nats Park was one of the first to get 100% imported stock.

Apparently there were two in 7 1/4, he must have snagged both of them.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/19 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was doubting you. Oriole Park went through a stretch where most of their caps were imported before getting a ton of MUSA's halfway through this season. I also remember Dodger fans saying that it was easier to find MUSA patch caps than standard On-Fields at Dodger Stadium these last couple years.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/19 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was doubting you. Oriole Park went through a stretch where most of their caps were imported before getting a ton of MUSA's halfway through this season. I also remember Dodger fans saying that it was easier to find MUSA patch caps than standard On-Fields at Dodger Stadium these last couple years.

It's all good. The Dodgers must have a had a good relationship with NE and had priority on MUSAs because when I was at a game in July (the earthquake game) they still had TONS of MUSAs.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/19 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
longtimemlbcapcollector wrote:
I am going to guess Derby dead stock...I now have all 3 Twins caps with the 2019 post season patch on them, made in Haiti, and I like them very much.....Fit very well and look good. In fact, no loose strings to cut off like I have always had to do on Derby made caps.....Again very surprised...

My postseason Yankees is from Bangladesh and I'm very happy with it. Super soft crown that I was able to lower a good bit with just shower steam and I put a very significant curve in the brim and it didn't bend and crease the way Chino brims do.
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 10/28/19 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know where i can get a vintage oakland a's snapback from starter or sports specialties brand? Ive tried ebay but some are way overpriced. Double the amount of current fitted hats lol
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/30/19 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
neweranewbie723 wrote:
Anyone know where i can get a vintage oakland a's snapback from starter or sports specialties brand? Ive tried ebay but some are way overpriced. Double the amount of current fitted hats lol

It’s a shame you don’t want a New Era fitted because if there’s two hats they made way too many of in the early 1990s it’s the A’s and the Marlins, if eBay is any indication.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/01/19 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know where i could possibly pick up the navy/red world series 59fifty? I know it's a little late but i really haven't been able to find it anywhere
sportfreak620
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/19 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same!!

Azfan wrote:
Anyone know where i could possibly pick up the navy/red world series 59fifty? I know it's a little late but i really haven't been able to find it anywhere
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/04/19 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Call the Nats team store. (202) 675-6287
djtdawg

Post Posted: 11/05/19 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
Call the Nats team store. (202) 675-6287

A buddy just went yesterday and said they still have a decent amount of them.

Not sure of the sizes, but he checked 7 1/4 and said there's quite a few MUSA still.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/10/19 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess this belongs in a 2020 thread but the Padres unveiled their new primary uniforms, the cap is brown with a yellow SD that appears to have toned-down serifs compared to the 2004-2019 era logo. NE was always really inconsistent with how prominent those serifs were so maybe they won’t be so all over the place now. Personally I think the uniforms are okay but orange would have made them better.

Also the Diamondbacks removed all the snakeskin accents. Their new primary appears to be the same as the old all-black A cap they just dropped a few years ago. The snakehead alternate with the red bill remains, along with a new all-black snake head cap with teal accents. All the red D logo caps are a thing of the past, all the snake pattern caps are gone and the teal A cap is also axed. Interesting moves for sure and creates a ton of possible clearance merchandise instantly! Uniforms look a lot better.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/11/19 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah. Someone start a thread. I can provide some photos.

Absolute trash looking quality on the SD caps.
Page 32 of 33   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: