2020 MLB Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCWS83
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/11/19 11:20 pm    Post subject: 2020 MLB Authentic Collection Reply with quote
So far just the announcement of Arizona toning it down and San Diego back to brown for 2020?

I’m sure I’m in the minority but I was less than impressed by the Padres hat & uniform release
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/12/19 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not digging the Padres pinstripes at all. Beggars can't choosers though...
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/12/19 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quality looks to be a disaster.
https://i.ibb.co/Vvj8bq8/0-A89244-E-9-BF7-4-AA6-B4-BA-73-F1-B839-A1-B3.jpg
No fuzz. Greasy poly. Elmer Fudd status
The right cap is off center a good 1/4 inch. The center seam needs to center the left part of the D.
And then you look at others.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJEI-srUwAEXlOL?format=jpg&name=large
Your up/down centering is off as well now too. SD is basically at the eyelets on some caps.

Don’t give MLB any of your money with this crap. Centering has been an issue for atleast a decade with USA made caps. But atleast you had quality poly. Here, you have no net benefit of anything. Plus a price increase. No thanks.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/13/19 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Quality looks to be a disaster.
https://i.ibb.co/Vvj8bq8/0-A89244-E-9-BF7-4-AA6-B4-BA-73-F1-B839-A1-B3.jpg
No fuzz. Greasy poly. Elmer Fudd status
The right cap is off center a good 1/4 inch. The center seam needs to center the left part of the D.
And then you look at others.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJEI-srUwAEXlOL?format=jpg&name=large
Your up/down centering is off as well now too. SD is basically at the eyelets on some caps.

Don’t give MLB any of your money with this crap. Centering has been an issue for atleast a decade with USA made caps. But atleast you had quality poly. Here, you have no net benefit of anything. Plus a price increase. No thanks.

Made in China or Bendeldesh?
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 11/13/19 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Wallyhopp

Thanks for posting those photos. The quality looks HORRIBLE. I'll be curious to see how the Player Used or Team Issued caps look after the season starts. Since the Padres are never good they always have a BOATLOAD of these for sale at the stadium.

Last year I noticed a lot of the Brown & Yellow caps that they players actually wore were made in China. The story had the nerve to be charging $70 & up for some crap like that.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/14/19 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Era just does not care at all. You can see this board dying before your eyes. I think in October we went two weeks with zero posts. They don’t want our money. Oh well
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/14/19 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone know if the new Padres caps are made in China or Bengdeldesh?
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/14/19 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry. Photos were found online. I have no idea where they are made. Twitter had a few photos and comments. Maybe ask around over there. I'll post here if I see anything.

New era is dead. I have had a few Macy's and smaller HC purchases. But it’s all old stock. lids alone is D-E-A-D. I haven’t bought from them since their switchover.

New post content is really hard to come by, unless we want to just re-remember the good ol days.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/14/19 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has been pointed out elsewhere but the saddest part is seeing Hat Club pivot to street fashion Lids-style, just because that’s the only lane left.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/14/19 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, those Padres hats are a total mess. It used to be somewhat difficult to tell sometimes if a cap was US or Import just from pictures alone. Lately, though? You can see from the International Space Station that those are imported garbage.

Not only am I not going to pick any of this trash up, I’m not even bothering going down to the mall to even look at them. What’s the point in even wasting the fuel to find out what I already know?
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/15/19 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
New Era just does not care at all. You can see this board dying before your eyes. I think in October we went two weeks with zero posts. They don’t want our money. Oh well

Yeah, it's depressing. Lids snuck a membership renewal on me when I bought a cap recently (I don't even remember what the caps cost after discount anymore I go there so infrequently) so I guess I'll continue digging through their stores for MUSA stragglers during this next year. Hopefully I find a few more worth sharing on here.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/15/19 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most cap collectors have flocked to Twitter it seems. I also have my Facebook group "Pro Cap Collectors" that I'm trying to build up. But yes, this place is dead lately and I'm sure that the Derby closure has something to do with it. Less to be excited about these days. Some of the cap collectors on Twitter also decided this place isn't cool anymore. This board could use a modern update to be more phone-friendly, but whatever. It is what it is.

Fanfests are coming up, some I'm sure some activity around here will pick up. Padres will be Jan. 11th. I'll attend Giants and A's as well depending on whether dates conflict or not.
Ksolo12

Post Posted: 11/15/19 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I’m in Arizona for a few days. Decided to check out the team store to see their new on field caps. I went through every single one of them and it’s 100% Bangladesh so far. The Poly is that typical stiff and greasy Bangladesh poly that we are used to. A super easy pass for me. I did notice that the Triple A affiliate (Reno Aces) had quite a few MUSA w/IM caps that had decent poly. I guess I’m a cap SNOB now because I refuse to purchase or place a non USA made cap on my head. I even pass on the good/decent Chino poly.
fictional
Beginner

Post Posted: 11/15/19 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
St. Louis caps with the updated logo are live on MLB Shop. Home and Road Alternate.

cardsfan1985

Post Posted: 11/15/19 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ordered the new Cardinals hats today, hopefully the quality of these hats are decent.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: