I went to NewEra Flagship NYC and left $300 poorerView previous topic :: View next topic  
EllisBurks88
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/04/11 10:07 pm    Post subject: I went to NewEra Flagship NYC and left $300 poorer Reply with quote
2012 on-fields(including side/back patch) are a done deal for me. Collected 'em all! As well as a Cleveland mid-70's away cap(The "C" that looks almost like a triangle, navy brim as opposed to red) and a Houston Colt 45's Coop(not an on-field, but I have no problem taking a paint marker and removing that awful side logo). My only complaint, the white panel Orioles caps - That black stitching along the bottom MUST GO. I thought that it may have been tolerable on the on-fields, but no. I think a paint marker can solve that as well. The Mariners alts are actually not the same shade as the Griffey era, it is a little more green(barely). I thought it was the same as the old but once you see it in person it is a different shade. I was a little dissapointed when the only Orioles black crown in my size was all crushed, but that wasn't anything the steam-machine couldn't fix. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. I was told that New Era is planning major flagship expansion across North America over the next 2 years. Lids, your days could be numbered....
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/04/11 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I went to NewEra Flagship NYC and left $300 poorer Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
2012 on-fields(including side/back patch) are a done deal for me. Collected 'em all! As well as a Cleveland mid-70's away cap(The "C" that looks almost like a triangle, navy brim as opposed to red) and a Houston Colt 45's Coop(not an on-field, but I have no problem taking a paint marker and removing that awful side logo). My only complaint, the white panel Orioles caps - That black stitching along the bottom MUST GO. I thought that it may have been tolerable on the on-fields, but no. I think a paint marker can solve that as well. The Mariners alts are actually not the same shade as the Griffey era, it is a little more green(barely). I thought it was the same as the old but once you see it in person it is a different shade. I was a little dissapointed when the only Orioles black crown in my size was all crushed, but that wasn't anything the steam-machine couldn't fix. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. I was told that New Era is planning major flagship expansion across North America over the next 2 years. Lids, your days could be numbered....

Not when I was there, I thought I was at Lids for about 30 minutes.

And about the Griffey Era teal, New Era discontinued that colour Sad Now they have to use a more turquoise tone.
Fraser Boy
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/04/11 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I went to NewEra Flagship NYC and left $300 poorer Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:

Hopefully a Las Vegas store is in their future plans. Lids ain't cuttin it and both Fanzz and Front Row Sports have sold out to the hat gods by selling mainly snapbacks now :/
Rewind
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/05/11 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I miss physically going to a store and buying something instead of just copping it online when I see something I like on an online store or on a site. It feels different walking into a store and just grabbing what you like, I haven't been in a hat or sneaker store in probably 2 years now; the ones out where I am at the moment are too terrible, way worse than lids.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/05/11 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't understand the appeal of these stores, have I just been spoiled by Hat Club's selection and staff?

I get that the Flagship stores may have certain 'limited release' hats that may appeal to some but in general it seems like it's just a Lids clone.
Cartoon Bird

Post Posted: 12/05/11 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I went to NewEra Flagship NYC and left $300 poorer Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
My only complaint, the white panel Orioles caps - That black stitching along the bottom MUST GO. I thought that it may have been tolerable on the on-fields, but no. I think a paint marker can solve that as well.

Post pics if you fix the stitching with a paint marker. Curious to see how that will turn out.
LEROY712
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/05/11 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I went to NewEra Flagship NYC and left $300 poorer Reply with quote
Cartoon Bird wrote:
EllisBurks88 wrote:
My only complaint, the white panel Orioles caps - That black stitching along the bottom MUST GO. I thought that it may have been tolerable on the on-fields, but no. I think a paint marker can solve that as well.

Post pics if you fix the stitching with a paint marker. Curious to see how that will turn out.

x2. I thought of the paint marker idea as well but, I worry about the paint being shades off and how the paint will age color wise. I was also going to pull the stiching out and see how that goes. I know it would jeopardize the build intergity of the hat but, I'd be willing to try it. (Shaking fist) Damn stitching!!!
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/05/11 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pull the stitching out and use that GOOP glue to stabilize the area where the stitching was on the inside.
LEROY712
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/05/11 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Pull the stitching out and use that GOOP glue to stabilize the area where the stitching was on the inside.

You should be a GOOP sales rep. LOL! That stuff is like magic for you huh? I think I might try it.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/05/11 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:

You should be a GOOP sales rep. LOL! That stuff is like magic for you huh? I think I might try it.

I've worked as a costumer for about 6-7 years, it IS magic.

NCR Veteran Ranger from Fallout: New Vegas

EllisBurks88
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/05/11 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Man, everyone on here keeps talking up HatClub, wish they had one around here. They all seem to be in the CA/AZ area. When you have been dealing with Lids for years the New Era Flagship store was like a breath of fresh air, so I liked it a lot. I'll let you guys know how the paint-marker thing goes. There are a ton of art schools and thus, art supply stores around my area. I'm gonna bring in the Orioles on-field along with a wool cap and ask for help regarding which markers are best to buy in regards to getting wet, colors running, and how they will react on polyester as well as a wool.
andrewmaxwell
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/05/11 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really like the Flagship Stores because they do have limited release hats, and specific logos that NOBODY else has.

www.milbtravels.blogspot.com
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/05/11 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I mainly look for MLB authentics or customs that are close to the actual authentics. I'm not into weird colourways and just MS Paint "bucket" filled catastrophes I've seen. I was hoping that they'd have some nice Cooperstown caps, but they mainly had customs and junk that left me disappointed.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/05/11 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
I mainly look for MLB authentics or customs that are close to the actual authentics. I'm not into weird colourways and just MS Paint "bucket" filled catastrophes I've seen. I was hoping that they'd have some nice Cooperstown caps, but they mainly had customs and junk that left me disappointed.

I am very similar. I like MLB hats that look like the team might wear them on field- either now or historically. I was just looking at Hat Club and, for me, they have a number of customs that fall into my wheelhouse...
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/05/11 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:

I am very similar. I like MLB hats that look like the team might wear them on field- either now or historically. I was just looking at Hat Club and, for me, they have a number of customs that fall into my wheelhouse...

That's the way I like my customs, I like modest designs that look like they could be worn on-field. Customs can look SICK if they do the right modifications, but I don't like complete overhauls.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: