2014 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/22/13 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw it about 3 days ago at a local Fanzz, meant to get some pictures up online but I had forgotten about it.

ay
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/22/13 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Azfan wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakland-ATHLETICS-ROAD-2014-Away-Green-Gold-New-Era-59Fifty-MLB-Fitted-Hat-Cap-/131076360535?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item1e84c28957

I'm guessing this is the only new on field for this year?

Not sure that is an improvement over the current road version...
i would say it is
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/22/13 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i like it,i also think its better than the previous road model,the addition of the white makes it pop a lil more.
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/22/13 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Saw it about 3 days ago at a local Fanzz, meant to get some pictures up online but I had forgotten about it.

Looks USA. I like it but it still needs a yellow squatchee. I this really going on the field? Kinda came out of nowhere!
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/22/13 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:

Looks USA. I like it but it still needs a yellow squatchee. I this really going on the field? Kinda came out of nowhere!

USA made, I'd like a yellow button on top, but it looks brand and unimpressive. Just another $30 if you're an A's fan, but I wasn't impressed when I saw it in person.
MadHatta
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/22/13 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:

USA made, I'd like a yellow button on top, but it looks brand and unimpressive. Just another $30 if you're an A's fan, but I wasn't impressed when I saw it in person.

I actually like it a lot, I've shown it to a couple friends and they all thought it was the alt from last year? (The black one) but I think it looks good on green
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/22/13 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MadHatta wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:

I actually like it a lot, I've shown it to a couple friends and they all thought it was the alt from last year? (The black one) but I think it looks good on green

I think it looks "meh" at best. You lose the yellow around the white since they are so similar in tones.

I think a really awesome road cap for the A's would be if they took a green crown, put a white "A's" logo on it, and fitted it with a yellow brim and button.
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/22/13 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
baby dhibs wrote:
Thanks, glad I already bought one, then. Any idea if we're going to have a green AC onfield to match the St. Patty's jersey?

There'll be something but it'll be like all other St. Paddy's hats in that they'll probably be sold at Goodyear and maybe GAB.

No guarantee they'll be 5950 either, I'd bet DE...

I'd bet DE for a lot of things....sigh..

Dear Hat Gods let this at least be a good year for TBTC hats.

Hat Guru I have to ask. Let's say this new idea of 'DE on fields' just bombs and the fans hate them and want the 5950 poly's back on the field, would teams switch back? Do you have any info on this or a feeling about it?
ay
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/23/13 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
MadHatta wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:

I think it looks "meh" at best. You lose the yellow around the white since they are so similar in tones.

I think a really awesome road cap for the A's would be if they took a green crown, put a white "A's" logo on it, and fitted it with a yellow brim and button.
LOL!
tigerfanjoe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/23/13 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like the new a's hat a lot.
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/24/13 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I first saw it I was hoping it was a new alt, because I've never liked the outlined version of the A's logo and I've always liked the old road cap. Oh well, guess they were due for some new merchandise...
ppm21

Post Posted: 12/24/13 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's...meh

Looks okay, but not something I'd consider buying.
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/24/13 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ppm21 wrote:
It's...meh

I'd love to see a yellow alt hat with green brim and button and green A's to go with the yellow alt jersey they wear sometimes.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/24/13 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
ppm21 wrote:
It's...meh

I'd love to see a yellow alt hat with green brim and button and green A's to go with the yellow alt jersey they wear sometimes.

I would prefer this idea to this new hat. You could even have the A in white outlined in green on a yellow crown.
blueturf
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/24/13 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:

I would prefer this idea to this new hat. You could even have the A in white outlined in green on a yellow crown.

I initially thought I would prefer a white outline as well, but in the mock-up I think it looks better without.

Page 10 of 67   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: