HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/26/18 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't be for certain but their order #s for the past year have gone up in what seems like regular sequential order. 50k range Friday order 1 50.7k range today on order 2

I did see some of the hats and sizes I wanted sell out so I'm glad I didn't wait around too too long.

I have some 39k orders from June. One from the end of September 48.5k range. Sort of assuming they are going up as orders come in.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 11/26/18 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Can't be for certain but their order #s for the past year have gone up in what seems like regular sequential order. 50k range Friday order 1 50.7k range today on order 2

I did see some of the hats and sizes I wanted sell out so I'm glad I didn't wait around too too long.

I have some 39k orders from June. One from the end of September 48.5k range. Sort of assuming they are going up as orders come in.

Ah, yes. The order number. I wonder how badly HC sales will drop next year, and in 2020, as MUSA disappears from retail. That strikes at the heart of HC's business model.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/27/18 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ended up pretty much sitting the BF sales out. Too many poly colors are questionable these days and with no insiders or active forum members confirming quality I'm not willing to risk having to send several caps back without keeping any. I just did that with an order of 3 Philadelphia A's caps and don't want to abuse HC's return policy. I did order the re-stock of the solid black Giants 'G' cap since black is very reliable recently but NE even managed to screw those up: all three are unwearably tight, an issue that's becoming more common in my experience. That's another order of 3 caps going caps going back with HC eating shipping both ways. Feels real shitty doing that but I don't have much of a choice unless HC comes up with some way to let uncompromising collectors know which releases get the good poly.

Poly reports on both Lakeland Tigers releases and both the the solid navy and two-tone Angels customs (the ones with the current logo) would be appreciated btw.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/27/18 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Ended up pretty much sitting the BF sales out. Too many poly colors are questionable these days and with no insiders or active forum members confirming quality I'm not willing to risk having to send several caps back without keeping any. I just did that with an order of 3 Philadelphia A's caps and don't want to abuse HC's return policy. I did order the re-stock of the solid black Giants 'G' cap since black is very reliable recently but NE even managed to screw those up: all three are unwearably tight, an issue that's becoming more common in my experience. That's another order of 3 caps going caps going back with HC eating shipping both ways. Feels real shitty doing that but I don't have much of a choice unless HC comes up with some way to let uncompromising collectors know which releases get the good poly.

Poly reports on both Lakeland Tigers releases and both the the solid navy and two-tone Angels customs (the ones with the current logo) would be appreciated btw.

Any of you guys have social media? Id be able to convey poly quality, just dont check here too often.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 11/27/18 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:

I hear you on the lower grade poly. I snagged the Philadelphia A’s hat and the 1980s umpire hats. All were the below average navy poly. But here’s the thing: I wanted those caps and don’t figure I’ll see MUSA versions ever again.

I hope I’m wrong here and the Derby plant can be saved. But I’m gobbling up everything that’s atop my most-wanted lists while I can, before literally everything is foreign born.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/27/18 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ill be the guinea pig. Not sure how I did it again. But a couple dark Navy, two light Navy , and a basic royal blue coming in soon. Basically all blue once again.

Lakeland was a must. Since Detroit seems lackluster in using the tiger through the D, Lakeland will get all the kudos.

All are apparently made in USA poly. So I'll see when they ship and will give impressions.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/28/18 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gonna be an interesting next couple of days. Both orders looked to have ‘shipped’ out.

Anyone else getting some screwy emails? It’s possible they partially shipped them out. Each order, I’m getting two emails with different bits of info. One has photos of half the caps and a tracking number. The other is all txt with all quantities shown.

I sort of worry because one already shows “package acceptance’ yesterday. Usually it gets out of phx within a day. Package acceptance info was stuck on a package I still haven’t received. I mentioned here, HC reshipped within a week though. So I’ll give this peak season a bit of time.
caplover83

Post Posted: 11/28/18 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Gonna be an interesting next couple of days. Both orders looked to have ‘shipped’ out.

Anyone else getting some screwy emails? It’s possible they partially shipped them out. Each order, I’m getting two emails with different bits of info. One has photos of half the caps and a tracking number. The other is all txt with all quantities shown.

I sort of worry because one already shows “package acceptance’ yesterday. Usually it gets out of phx within a day. Package acceptance info was stuck on a package I still haven’t received. I mentioned here, HC reshipped within a week though. So I’ll give this peak season a bit of time.

I get two emails but nothing seemed out of the ordinary and everything seemed to have shipped with my orders.

Whenever I order from them, my tracking info stays in Phoenix for a few days and then magically it shows up at the destination Post Office.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/28/18 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
Any of you guys have social media? Id be able to convey poly quality, just dont check here too often.

I'm Lou Filerman on Twitter. Opened the account just to follow HC releases. Embarassed

MrRedLegs wrote:
I hear you on the lower grade poly. I snagged the Philadelphia A’s hat and the 1980s umpire hats. All were the below average navy poly. But here’s the thing: I wanted those caps and don’t figure I’ll see MUSA versions ever again.

I hope I’m wrong here and the Derby plant can be saved. But I’m gobbling up everything that’s atop my most-wanted lists while I can, before literally everything is foreign born.

I kept a couple mediocre MUSA w/IM caps I got from HC last year and ended up regretting both since I never wear them. Crown construction is always still far superior on any MUSA cap but I guess I'm just a high quality MUSA poly addict at this point.

That said, I do reflexively hate the idea of supporting NE's offshoring strategy. I don't bother even giving a cap a once over when I see the 'Made in China' tag now. That might change if that country ever became synonymous with high quality products like Japan but until then I'll continue to avoid their exports whenever possible.

wallyhopp wrote:
Ill be the guinea pig. Not sure how I did it again. But a couple dark Navy, two light Navy , and a basic royal blue coming in soon. Basically all blue once again.

Lakeland was a must. Since Detroit seems lackluster in using the tiger through the D, Lakeland will get all the kudos.

All are apparently made in USA poly. So I'll see when they ship and will give impressions.

I like royal blue, dark navy and red caps but have been careful with all of them recently due to poly quality issues. Really looking forward to your Lakeland report as it took all my strength to avoid pulling the trigger when both were 50% off. Did you get the solid navy, two-tone or both?

caplover83 wrote:
I get two emails but nothing seemed out of the ordinary and everything seemed to have shipped with my orders.

Whenever I order from them, my tracking info stays in Phoenix for a few days and then magically it shows up at the destination Post Office.

Pretty much all my HC orders are like that too. Two redundant emails, a Phoenix distribution center tracking notice within about 24 hours and a then nothing specific until it gets to my neck of the woods within 2-3 business days.

My returns OTOH always get very detailed tracking. lol
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/28/18 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
From Hat Club on Twitter
Quote:
Just a heads up! With the massive popularity of our Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals, shipments may be going out a little slower than usual. With that, we are expanding our shipping operation within our stores. Hold tight. We WILL save Christmas!
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/29/18 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I order multiple caps from them I frequently will get multi0le packages. Some hats come from the warehouse and others ship from stores.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/29/18 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy, two tone only. It was all a blur. I pulled the trigger before they were even on the 50% off deal. It was a part of the buy2, get 1 free deals (which was better than their initial 30% off deal so I jumped at it). They kind of did the early buyers dirty by increasing deals like that.

And even then for the 50% off deal, the solid Navy showed up first, hours before the two tone eventually showed up on the 50% section. So in the name of actually spending $6.66 more, It was a bit of a stress reliever to get it out of the way. I spent some time thinking about the solid and a second two tone at that price but decided not to. By the time I would've saved $6.66, the other two caps I wanted would've been gone.

Second order was a 35% off deal, just a couple hours before they dropped their 40% off deal. Didn't make out like I had hoped totally. But getting their last twins 87 as a backup for the one i have for less than retail is nice.

I think I saved some money. By them not going 35% off right away, I didn't go too crazy. And by the time I had time to think about it, the urge /many sizes were gone.

First order seems to have gone past the package acceptance portion. Second order from.mondsy looks to have been processed and is out of their hands (atleast a part of their order). Quite impressive actually. We'll see what and when they arrive as a complete order though.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/29/18 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Guy Gadbois"]
Fittedguy16 wrote:

I'm Lou Filerman on Twitter. Opened the account just to follow HC releases. Embarassed

Just followed you yesterday! (@swartzy16)
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/18 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
3 of 7 have arrived. Without rambling on too much, I have received 12 emails and not a single one is truly accurate. I hope for their sake, they have a better record of things. I do commend them for this quick processing and shipping turnaround, if not for being a bit unorganized. They've gone the lids route in some sense lol. Basically wait a week and hope for the best. So far so good.
-------
Two tone Brewers M cap. Light Navy Im poly. No true fuzz presence. Looks like more of your everyday current era wool.

Two tone Lakeland tigers. Slightly fuzzy but not at HCs best. Wouldn't pay retail but okay with sale price.

1973 all Navy Cleveland Indians. A bit closer to the Lakeland cap. Guy, not sure what you own. These all aren't exactly slick but they aren't exactly true fuzz bombs. For retail, all are a no. But they are solid for what they are.

I'll get some photos in when they all arrive.

Your 1987 twins is at the Pinnacle of great poly fuzz. Even my older white Sox cursive C and Portland beavers P cap are more in line with the norm or what I have received. Not terrible. But not amazing.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/02/18 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HC has been sending me tracking numbers that dont work.
checked a few days later and still does not work.
Page 52 of 58   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: