Lids.com has the MLB retro classicsView previous topic :: View next topic  
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/07/18 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking hoping a CGI photo would turn out alright. I never officially counted all of the available retro classics but since it's been some 16 months since their initial release, it's safe to say they aren't getting any better. I want to say out of 50 plus, only 4-5 were completely accurate. That's a pretty terrible percentage to be proud of.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/07/18 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking hoping a CGI photo would turn out alright. I never officially counted all of the available retro classics but since it's been some 16 months since their initial release, it's safe to say they aren't getting any better. I want to say out of 50 plus, only 4-5 were completely accurate. That's a pretty terrible percentage to be proud of.
I bought late 90's Astros and 80's Astros hats Lids put out and luckily they were pretty good but like you said only a few were actually accurate. In concept the collection was great but piss poor execution ruined most of the line.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/08/18 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
djtdawg wrote:
bamahater wrote:
Hell LidzMarkie their fitted buyer blocked me on Instagram for calling them out on their f up.

Welcome to the club.

That list is long and storied. Laughing

That guy is such an absolute clown. That’s Lids upper management for you, though. A bunch of corporate schills who think they’re Gods gift to the industry when in reality they’re all morons.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/08/18 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The most important part I didn't even talk about. The fit. They both fit way too big too. A good 1-2 sizes too big. This happened with another retro classic. My whole set of fingers fit in the band as it sat over my head.

A funny thing happens when I make these returns. Lids clerks love them. If you knew nothing of the history and what their inspiration is from, these are mighty fine caps. Centered and well stitched. Solid crowns. Every clerk that takes the returns has genuinely complimented the caps (I don't think we've ever had the retro classics in stock). So they're actually seeing them first hand for the first time.

Both California Angels, Yankees, and the Braves I know are completely accurate. Others go from a wrong color squatchee, wrong batterman, up to totally wrong colors.

$24 wasn't enough of a discount on these. So maybe I'll buy some innacurate designs closer to $15-18 range later on down the line.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/09/19 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heads up. Not sure how long this has been going on but all OG retro classics are $20.

Stocked up on some Yankees, braves, and Indians. They are a few of the only ones 95% accurate or better.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/09/19 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some sizes just come and go. Others, it lets you buy up atleast 100 of some sizes. So check every hour if there's something you're interested in. This may be Derby's last hurrah
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/19/19 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not exactly a Retro Classic hat, but I saw this at Lids while at the mall yesterday. It's a Heritage Series hat and they made a reproduction of the 2009 4th of July hat. Chino, poly, and fit and shape was not bad. I have the 2009 hat on the right for comparison. For the reproduction, the SF was a little larger, but other than that, not bad
https://flic.kr/p/2eKAMcd
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/19/19 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tonal flag? Any other side patches? The heritage series is one that is quite decent and been around awhile. The true OG retro claasic
I notice some have al-nl patches. But the ones with tonal flags and those that are kept simple really shine.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/19/19 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Tonal flag? Any other side patches? The heritage series is one that is quite decent and been around awhile. The true OG retro claasic
I notice some have al-nl patches. But the ones with tonal flags and those that are kept simple really shine.

No side patches for sure and I didn't recall seeing a NE Flag (tonal or not)
Stevie
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/26/19 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Izzy2014 wrote:
Not exactly a Retro Classic hat, but I saw this at Lids while at the mall yesterday. It's a Heritage Series hat and they made a reproduction of the 2009 4th of July hat. Chino, poly, and fit and shape was not bad. I have the 2009 hat on the right for comparison. For the reproduction, the SF was a little larger, but other than that, not bad
https://flic.kr/p/2eKAMcd

I picked up the Blue Jays the other day. Agree on the fit, it’s not bad. It has a very different feeling sweatband. Also I think they might have the Batterman logo wrong. It has the stars & stripes batterman but for the 2008 and other years, the Jays just had it plain. Don’t have the original from that year so can’t tell for sure.
Page 29 of 29   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: