2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/02/17 8:41 am    Post subject: 2018 Authentic Collection Reply with quote
Congratulations to the Houston Astros. No small feat to defeat Boston, New York, and Los Angeles! Now let's start with what's new for 2018. New BP caps...what else? Rumors that this Orioles cap Buck Showalter was wearing for recent festivities at Camden Yards could be a new Baltimore alternate. Paul Lukas thought it was a Bowie Bay Sox cap, but that was not found to be true. The 'B' looks like it's been lifted off the road grays.

m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/17 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Love it! I was wondering how long it would take after the World Series for the 2018 AC thread to pop up! Very Happy
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/17 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That B looks like it was lifted from the Chicago Bears.

Last edited by lhg39 on 11/02/17 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
djudemiller
Rookie

Post Posted: 11/02/17 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm glad the Astros won. Not because I'm an Astros fan, but because I'd much rather see a gold star WS champs hat, than a gold LA one.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/02/17 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Showalter's done this before, there are pics of him wearing a similar hat but with an old English B.

Dude might just like to rock hats with his first initial on it.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/17 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Showalter's done this before, there are pics of him wearing a similar hat but with an old English B.

Well, Guru, since you're here, any nuggets you can provide us?
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/17 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
m_y_t_h wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Well, Guru, since you're here, any nuggets you can provide us?

Except that old English b was an orioles hate, or at least something American Needle did as an Orioles hat (http://www.mlbshop.com/Baltimore_Orioles_Caps/Mens_Baltimore_Orioles_American_Needle_Black_Cooperstown_Fitted_Hat). I don't know that the current incarnation of the Os ever wore that B (my guess is a previous minor league iteration did).

As for the B hat he wore this weekend, the pictures on Facebook from the event sure look as though there's an MLB logo on the back...and Lukas is right...that is the Road B (although agreed with a previous poster it's similar to that Bears B).The close up shots on the Os facebook page look pretty sharp.

I hope they rock this - and I hope it replaces the O as an Alt with the Black tops (or even the road). Been hoping for an all black hat for the last 10 years.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/02/17 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like that "B" hat and agree that it is a big improvement over the O's version (if one had to choose). I am excited to see what new on-fields come out over the next couple of months!
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/02/17 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, not a fan of any of the 'letter' caps for the O's personally. Like the Jays, it just isn't part of their identity. I'd prefer a Performance Poly version of the black/orange rail as an alt personally. Ideally I'd have the go back to the early nineties bird but I'm well aware that ain't happening any time soon after the recent re-brand.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/03/17 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://m.mlbshop.com/Kansas_City_Royals_Gear/Mens_Kansas_City_Royals_New_Era_Royal_50th_Anniversary_Side_Patch_Authentic_Collection_On-Field_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

Not a new cap but I think this is expected to be worn next year. Hope the Dbacks do something similar for their 20th
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/03/17 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
http://m.mlbshop.com/Kansas_City_Royals_Gear/Mens_Kansas_City_Royals_New_Era_Royal_50th_Anniversary_Side_Patch_Authentic_Collection_On-Field_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

Not a new cap but I think this is expected to be worn next year. Hope the Dbacks do something similar for their 20th

The details listed for this Royals cap seem to indicate the batterman logo will be Chromaflex.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/03/17 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I decided to investigate further on the Buck B hat. Noticed that the guys hosting the event were also the morning show hosts from Baltimore's sports station. They have a text line - I texted them a short bit ago asking if the hat was a new 2018 one and got this response: "No it's his own personal design. He wants the team to us it..."

So, sadly doesn't seem it will hit the rotation next year, but if he either signs an extension, or potentially ends up as the GM (the consensus theory around here), maybe he'll push this into reality.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/05/17 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see that the Royals will be wearing a 50th season patch on their hats next year. MLB Shop has it available now. I will definitely pick this one up at some point!
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/05/17 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, I seem to recall reading that the Padres would have a new hat for their 50th anniversary.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/17 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All I want is an accurate solid teal Marlins TBTC to commemorate 25 years. A narrow logo Rockies TBTC would be nice as well.
Page 1 of 37   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: