2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Izzy2014
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/13/18 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
aznkid25 wrote:
Hereís the Giants 2018 ASG Cap. Made in China.

When do these go on sale?
aznkid25

Post Posted: 06/13/18 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Izzy2014 wrote:

When do these go on sale?

Available for sale now. Official release date is Friday or Monday.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/15/18 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creamer has the full details on game and BP caps (along with BP jerseys, socks, and various cash grabs).

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/06/15/mlb-unveils-2018-all-star-uniforms-stars-stripes-and-pinwheels/

Really dig the pinwheel concept. Obviously Chinese-made, but a nice nod to the Nats' past in Montreal and makes for one of the better All Star cap designs since MLB saw $$$$ if they released ASG caps with something other than just a patch.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/15/18 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HRD caps are a little goofy with the circle and stars on the brim but not terrible. Are they poly?

I like the game hats. Miles ahead of the last two years. The colored ones are much better than the teams that got stuck with grey. Wish the patch wasn't team colored though. The red in the normal patch would've been a good pop of color on the Yankees.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/15/18 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
HRD caps are a little goofy with the circle and stars on the brim but not terrible. Are they poly?

I like the game hats. Miles ahead of the last two years. The colored ones are much better than the teams that got stuck with grey. Wish the patch wasn't team colored though. The red in the normal patch would've been a good pop of color on the Yankees.

I didn't read any of what Creamer wrote, but the stars on the bill and the circle on the hat makes it look somewhat inspired by the armed forces, but could be way off.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/15/18 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

I didn't read any of what Creamer wrote, but the stars on the bill and the circle on the hat makes it look somewhat inspired by the armed forces, but could be way off.

That was my first thought as well. He said there's 30 stars, one for each team. He said the 6 start could be for the divisions but I think that was just a military/patriotic inspiration.
wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/15/18 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

I also only saw the photos and came back here. The HRD look more like the presidential seal than armed forces. I'd go more in that direction since it's DC than military based.

I agree with others. I hate the tonal asg patch. That was the only thing the 2014 and 2015 asg caps got right and they had to switch it up here. Big fan of pin wheel. Too bad they all have white front crowns. I think the potential was there for grey to be a front color, or have bill colors be red for Al or nl.
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/15/18 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really love everything about the ASG stuff. The HRD hats the ASG hats. The BP jerseys. Everything.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/15/18 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
shane618 wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

I also only saw the photos and came back here. The HRD look more like the presidential seal than armed forces. I'd go more in that direction since it's DC than military based.

I agree with others. I hate the tonal asg patch. That was the only thing the 2014 and 2015 asg caps got right and they had to switch it up here. Big fan of pin wheel. Too bad they all have white front crowns. I think the potential was there for grey to be a front color, or have bill colors be red for Al or nl.

Less the circle and more the star on the brim - and the stadium is basically in the navy yard and across the street from Barracks Row, and a couple miles from the Pentagon. But maybe thatís why I went that direction rather than it actually looking it.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/15/18 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everything about this year's All-Star stuff is awesome. The Nationals "got it right". I hope future teams take notice (Indians, I'm looking at you) and don't just mail it in, because you know you will make millions.

IA_MN_Fan
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/16/18 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are the home run caps going to be normal poly or the new dri fit garbage?
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/16/18 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not still fan of these new innovating MLB AS hats. Huge improvement over the last two ones tho. But WTF why not use their reg onfield cap and stamp a star somewhere and a patch and that's it.
wallyhopp
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/16/18 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think we're inching our way towards actual ASG uniforms being used in game.

With all of the front crowns being white, the uniformness (made that word up) of the caps just won't look right, as it hasnt since 2014.

The NBA had ASG jerseys dating back to the 60s and 70s, then went with their regular jerseys for awhile. I loved the regular home and away identifier Look.

Now since an all star on say the Mets, or Yankees will be out there in a game with a cap that will be worn once, the regular fan identifier is being lost. WTH! We can't look to a blue and orange cap and instantly say, Mets. We sort of have to look at the jersey and look at a cap design that is brand new. Same with all these other event caps. Truly out of control since 2013-2014.

Regular cap and a patch is great. But it may be too close in style for the regular fan to basically pass on it. I hate this money grab. So many team identities are being blurred.

Whats next? World Series exclusive designs for teams? I don't own any S&S or many odd ball caps for that very reason. Identity is huge in sports, and its all being lost.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 06/20/18 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lids put up the Royals turn ahead the clock

https://www.lids.com/kansas-city-royals-new-era-2018-mlb-turn-ahead-the-clock-59fifty-cap/21033549
steadymobbin

Post Posted: 06/20/18 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
Lids put up the Royals turn ahead the clock

https://www.lids.com/kansas-city-royals-new-era-2018-mlb-turn-ahead-the-clock-59fifty-cap/21033549

man what has happened to lids website? they are really slow at putting new hats up (cough Arizona white TBTC cough) and then when they do upload stuff they only upload half the sizes then a week later put up the rest. also this royals TATC isn't even in the "new arrivals" section yet.
Page 28 of 37   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: