2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
VikadontisRex
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/08/18 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
CMPunk wrote:
The patch in the Lids pictures looks way better than the "leaked" one. I just realized that NE changed from the standard flag so they can keep their own flag on the side they want Rolling Eyes

Thought the same thing when I saw them on Lids. Such a pathetic company.

Yeah, I have to admit I find the whole idea of monetizing September 11th disgusting. When it was just the flag, I was fine with it since it didn't start as a retail thing.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/08/18 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mfortuna45 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
I just placed a big Fanatics order. Hoping for a bunch of MUSA. I ordered about 8 hats and ordered 2 of each, so 8 will be going back for sure and probably more if both happen to be Made in China.

I found a Lids here near Toronto that had about 17 different on-field low profiles, and could only find 2 of them that were MUSA (w/ imported) in my size. It's very frustrating at this point.

I hope you get some good ones. Sadly, the odds are not in your favor.

I ended up with a bunch of MUSA w/Imported. I ordered 2 Cubs, 2 Royals, and 3 Rays and the Cubs were Made in Bangladesh and the others were some of the most horrific Made in China hats I've ever seen. I'm still on the hunt for a Rays, Cubs, Royals, Mets, and Reds MUSA low crown in a 7 3/8.

I got a few Low Corwn caps, if i can find em I might have a red, mets and braves I believe.
mfortuna45
Beginner

Post Posted: 09/08/18 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
I just placed a big Fanatics order. Hoping for a bunch of MUSA. I ordered about 8 hats and ordered 2 of each, so 8 will be going back for sure and probably more if both happen to be Made in China.

I found a Lids here near Toronto that had about 17 different on-field low profiles, and could only find 2 of them that were MUSA (w/ imported) in my size. It's very frustrating at this point.

I hope you get some good ones. Sadly, the odds are not in your favor.

I ended up with a bunch of MUSA w/Imported. I ordered 2 Cubs, 2 Royals, and 3 Rays and the Cubs were Made in Bangladesh and the others were some of the most horrific Made in China hats I've ever seen. I'm still on the hunt for a Rays, Cubs, Royals, Mets, and Reds MUSA low crown in a 7 3/8.

I got a few Low Corwn caps, if i can find em I might have a red, mets and braves I believe.

If you could let me know that'd be great. I've got the Braves already but would be interested in the Reds and Mets. Are these with the flag or without the flag?

There's apparently a Lids in Greensboro, NC that has a ton of low crowns in stock. I go to NC about once a year so I might have to check it out and see if any of them are USA made next time I'm there.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/08/18 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone picked up a postseason patch hat yet? Any trends in country of origin?
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/08/18 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Has anyone picked up a postseason patch hat yet? Any trends in country of origin?
I bought a Astros Home postseason hat and it's a real mixed bag as far as stock. I saw some Chino crappy made hats, many USMWIM hats with the hard crowns. There are also newer USMWIM that have a somewhat to me better poly and semi softer crown which is the one I bought. Also in 7 1/2 and 7 1/4 I found a few of of the older good fuzzy poly with the butter soft crown and Fly Your Own Flag tagging. Some had the full brim sticker and all had the stitched on flag. This was weird since I thought they burned through all of that older stock last season. Best bet on a playoff hat is to buy in person to ensure you don't get a Chino or worse Bangladesh hat.
titans1127

Post Posted: 10/09/18 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had such bad luck with purchase this season having to be returned for poor quality that i'm considering switching from 59Fifty's to 39Thirty's. At the very least I know size wont be an issue. And the ones i've seen in store don't usually look to have issues with crooked brims which is why I returned 90% of my orders.
OzYankee

Post Posted: 10/09/18 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
I've had such bad luck with purchase this season having to be returned for poor quality that i'm considering switching from 59Fifty's to 39Thirty's. At the very least I know size wont be an issue. And the ones i've seen in store don't usually look to have issues with crooked brims which is why I returned 90% of my orders.

I know how you feel. I’ve been thinking the same lately. I can never find my size in store, so I buy online, and like you, return most of them. Bad quality is the major issue. Plus size not being what is stated i.e. size 7 1/2 that is more like a 7 3/8, or 7 5/8. These Chinese made ones are really bad when it comes to sizing.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/09/18 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got a low crown Yankees Postseason, US made. Most reports on IG seemed to lean US made so I figured they used on hand stock. My crappy Lids still don’t have them in stock yet.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/09/18 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
I bought a Astros Home postseason hat and it's a real mixed bag as far as stock. I saw some Chino crappy made hats, many USMWIM hats with the hard crowns. There are also newer USMWIM that have a somewhat to me better poly and semi softer crown which is the one I bought. Also in 7 1/2 and 7 1/4 I found a few of of the older good fuzzy poly with the butter soft crown and Fly Your Own Flag tagging. Some had the full brim sticker and all had the stitched on flag. This was weird since I thought they burned through all of that older stock last season. Best bet on a playoff hat is to buy in person to ensure you don't get a Chino or worse Bangladesh hat.

Sounds like the decidedly non-postseason bound O's caps I saw at OPACY a couple weeks ago. Someone's got warehouses full of old stock somewhere and they're trying to get rid of them any way they can.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/09/18 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OzYankee wrote:
titans1127 wrote:

I know how you feel. I’ve been thinking the same lately. I can never find my size in store, so I buy online, and like you, return most of them. Bad quality is the major issue. Plus size not being what is stated i.e. size 7 1/2 that is more like a 7 3/8, or 7 5/8. These Chinese made ones are really bad when it comes to sizing.

It's a big gamble buy online especially on something like a postseason hat where they almost always slap a patch on whatever stock they have laying around. Also you run the risk of glue stains from poorly applied patches which I saw on a few hats. Luck for me the stores in Houston had these in stock so I got to pick through to get a good one.
titans1127

Post Posted: 10/10/18 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
OzYankee wrote:
titans1127 wrote:

It's a big gamble buy online especially on something like a postseason hat where they almost always slap a patch on whatever stock they have laying around. Also you run the risk of glue stains from poorly applied patches which I saw on a few hats. Luck for me the stores in Houston had these in stock so I got to pick through to get a good one.
Yeah its always a huge gamble buying online but I noticed my local Lids really only carries Mets and Yankees primarily and not much low profile selection either. My local Dicks has a wall of caps that I can freely look at and check but the quality control is just as bad as what is being shipped from Fanatics/MLB so I can't win either way. Ordered my first 39Thirty last night(Red Sox), and with all the rewards credit I have earned from Fanatics it was completely free so we shall see how that goes.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/11/18 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Made a foolish impulse purchase after the Braves clinched the East and bought an on-field playoff cap.

Naturally, I got the cap after the Braves lost the NLDS to LA, so....awesome.

Anyways, I opened the box and found a decent fitting U.S. made cap, BUT (and I still need to upload photo evidence of this), the New Era tag along the sweatband was sewn on inside out. It doesn't impact how the cap feels when you wear it, but WTF?

The cap is likely going back, especially since I couldn't wear it for an actual Braves playoff game.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/12/18 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
In 2013 I was at the height of my cap buying and got full sets of the Reds' 2012 and 2013 postseason caps. Clearance prices, but still, money is money. Last year I finally sold them. Just didn't see a reason to keep caps that reminded me of losing. I never wore them.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/18 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like this year's WS patch. Looks like what last year's should have been.

Anyone see the Marlins logo leaks? Not looking promising.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/18 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
I like this year's WS patch. Looks like what last year's should have been.

Anyone see the Marlins logo leaks? Not looking promising.

Top left was the first I saw and I wasn't crazy about it but considered it an improvement over their current logo and colors. Saw the other three today and I'm a big fan of the top right one. Back to the original colors and an attractive take on both the M and marlin. Hope they go with that one. Bottom two do nothing for me.

WS patch looks pretty good. Much better than last year's and light years better that this year's postseason patch.

Pics below for those who haven't seen these:

Page 37 of 38   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: