2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/01/18 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flag>that turd of side patch

[img]2018 9/11 Patch. Perhaps to be worn onfield to remember 9/11? by Hat Man, on Flickr[/img]
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/01/18 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A side patch with a secondary large batterman will always be completely mediocre in my book (when theres a batterman already on the back). I have a few WS patched caps and those battermans were always a bit smaller and werent the main focus.

Why not take to what the NBA did way back when and have a simple Ribbon and US flag.
https://www.collectors.com/sports-item/nba-911-patch-embroidery-insignia-of-the-emblem-of-septembe/-6391346674126137648
They just had to incorporate more words and canvas space for the cap.

Upside down arched letters never a good look.

I think adding words reminding people what the day was and that we shouldnt forget undermines our intelligence
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/03/18 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
I just placed a big Fanatics order. Hoping for a bunch of MUSA. I ordered about 8 hats and ordered 2 of each, so 8 will be going back for sure and probably more if both happen to be Made in China.

I found a Lids here near Toronto that had about 17 different on-field low profiles, and could only find 2 of them that were MUSA (w/ imported) in my size. It's very frustrating at this point.

I hope you get some good ones. Sadly, the odds are not in your favor.

I ended up with a bunch of MUSA w/Imported. I ordered 2 Cubs, 2 Royals, and 3 Rays and the Cubs were Made in Bangladesh and the others were some of the most horrific Made in China hats I've ever seen. I'm still on the hunt for a Rays, Cubs, Royals, Mets, and Reds MUSA low crown in a 7 3/8.
titans1127

Post Posted: 09/03/18 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mfortuna45 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
I just placed a big Fanatics order. Hoping for a bunch of MUSA. I ordered about 8 hats and ordered 2 of each, so 8 will be going back for sure and probably more if both happen to be Made in China.

I found a Lids here near Toronto that had about 17 different on-field low profiles, and could only find 2 of them that were MUSA (w/ imported) in my size. It's very frustrating at this point.

I ended up with a bunch of MUSA w/Imported. I ordered 2 Cubs, 2 Royals, and 3 Rays and the Cubs were Made in Bangladesh and the others were some of the most horrific Made in China hats I've ever seen. I'm still on the hunt for a Rays, Cubs, Royals, Mets, and Reds MUSA low crown in a 7 3/8.
Mets MUSA seems to be non existent from my search. Hell the only Mets caps Iíve come across with a stitched on flag have been at Dicks, in the size and style youíre looking for too.
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/03/18 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:

Mets MUSA seems to be non existent from my search. Hell the only Mets caps Iíve come across with a stitched on flag have been at Dicks, in the size and style youíre looking for too.

I've seen 3/8 low profiles in the Mets with the flag on the side at Lids, although I didn't pay attention to whether the flag was stitched or glued on. All have been Made in China though.
titans1127

Post Posted: 09/03/18 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mfortuna45 wrote:
titans1127 wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
mfortuna45 wrote:

I've seen 3/8 low profiles in the Mets with the flag on the side at Lids, although I didn't pay attention to whether the flag was stitched or glued on. All have been Made in China though.
Citi Field only has Chinese made caps so Iím on the verge of giving up unless they do the 9/11 patches which will likely be USA made.
titans1127

Post Posted: 09/06/18 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still checking MLB Shop and Lids everyday to see if that 9/11 patch hat gets released as an on field.
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/06/18 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was in Cleveland on Monday for the Indians/Royals at a Progressive Field and they had the Indians navy cap with red block C with that 9/11 patch on it in the team shop.
titans1127

Post Posted: 09/07/18 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:
I was in Cleveland on Monday for the Indians/Royals at a Progressive Field and they had the Indians navy cap with red block C with that 9/11 patch on it in the team shop.
I'll be at Citi Field Monday for the Mets/Marlins so that will probably be my best bet to find one.
fictional
Beginner

Post Posted: 09/07/18 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
Still checking MLB Shop and Lids everyday to see if that 9/11 patch hat gets released as an on field.

Lids just put up the 9/11 caps

https://www.lids.com/st-louis-cardinals-new-era-2018-mlb-9-11-memorial-59fifty-cap/21057184
titans1127

Post Posted: 09/07/18 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
fictional wrote:
titans1127 wrote:

https://www.lids.com/st-louis-cardinals-new-era-2018-mlb-9-11-memorial-59fifty-cap/21057184
Yup, I ordered as soon as I woke up this morning. Praying for MUSA and a stitched on flag. Hopefully the hat gods will deliver lol.
fictional
Beginner

Post Posted: 09/07/18 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
fictional wrote:
titans1127 wrote:

Yup, I ordered as soon as I woke up this morning. Praying for MUSA and a stitched on flag. Hopefully the hat gods will deliver lol.

I've been having luck with Fanatics being MUSA with imported materials, so I'm going to wait and see if they pop up there.
titans1127

Post Posted: 09/07/18 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fictional wrote:
titans1127 wrote:
fictional wrote:
titans1127 wrote:

I've been having luck with Fanatics being MUSA with imported materials, so I'm going to wait and see if they pop up there.
Its there now. 7x points today too. Might grab one in another team since I have a lot of FanCash I could spend
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/08/18 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The patch in the Lids pictures looks way better than the "leaked" one. I just realized that NE changed from the standard flag so they can keep their own flag on the side they want Rolling Eyes
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/08/18 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
The patch in the Lids pictures looks way better than the "leaked" one. I just realized that NE changed from the standard flag so they can keep their own flag on the side they want Rolling Eyes

Thought the same thing when I saw them on Lids. Such a pathetic company.
Page 36 of 38   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: