2018 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/18 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mostly agreed. I think top right is the best option. Top left looks too 90"s to me but I saw a picture of that one on a hat so that could be it. The bottom ones are pretty bland. Looks like a minor league team and it's throwback to me.
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/22/18 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
bamahater wrote:
OzYankee wrote:
titans1127 wrote:
I've had such bad luck with purchase this season having to be returned for poor quality that i'm considering switching from 59Fifty's to 39Thirty's. At the very least I know size wont be an issue. And the ones i've seen in store don't usually look to have issues with crooked brims which is why I returned 90% of my orders.

I know how you feel. I’ve been thinking the same lately. I can never find my size in store, so I buy online, and like you, return most of them. Bad quality is the major issue. Plus size not being what is stated i.e. size 7 1/2 that is more like a 7 3/8, or 7 5/8. These Chinese made ones are really bad when it comes to sizing.

It's a big gamble buy online especially on something like a postseason hat where they almost always slap a patch on whatever stock they have laying around. Also you run the risk of glue stains from poorly applied patches which I saw on a few hats. Luck for me the stores in Houston had these in stock so I got to pick through to get a good one.
Yeah its always a huge gamble buying online but I noticed my local Lids really only carries Mets and Yankees primarily and not much low profile selection either. My local Dicks has a wall of caps that I can freely look at and check but the quality control is just as bad as what is being shipped from Fanatics/MLB so I can't win either way. Ordered my first 39Thirty last night(Red Sox), and with all the rewards credit I have earned from Fanatics it was completely free so we shall see how that goes.

39Thirties confuse the hell out of me in terms of their quality, but are also increasingly an option for me as well to get a low crown cap without having to buy online . All the ones I see in local stores for some reason do not seem to have the brim centering issues that are so common on 59Fifties (both China and USA made). And all of the 39Thirty product I have ever seen comes out of China. They do still have some of the logo centering / stitching issues that their older brother on-field Authentic caps have, but the brims are not a problem.

Agreed, even if China made - if you can find a decently-sewn 39Thirty it's probably going to be a decent cap to wear.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/26/18 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
Mostly agreed. I think top right is the best option. Top left looks too 90"s to me but I saw a picture of that one on a hat so that could be it. The bottom ones are pretty bland. Looks like a minor league team and it's throwback to me.

Agree, top-left M looks too much like the Brewers to me, I don't like the vertical fish on the bottom left and the M on the bottom right is stupid-looking. I like the "angler" element on the top-right M and the fish comes out of the logo gracefully with a sense of motion. I hope top-right wins for sure.
Page 38 of 38   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: