2018 TBTCView previous topic :: View next topic  
titans1127

Post Posted: 08/06/18 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
titans1127 wrote:
Bought the last 3 of the Arizona Purple TBTC Low Crown in my size and New Era quality control strikes again lol. Lots of loose threads and poor stitching. 1 of them would have been a keeper but the A logo had a few teal threads that look like they got slightly pulled up and aren't flush.

Can't catch a break, might as well give up buying any new hats.

That sucks. Honestly, it has been a struggle, lately. I picked up the Snow Wolves Alt, last week. They only had 4 or 5 in my size. I picked the one that the least loose threads and the straightest logo. Its not perfect, but then again, we are dealing with New Era here.
Its a damn shame for sure especially with there being none left in my size to order. But with how many hats ive had to return over the last month due to issues with crooked bills or tight fits it doesn't surprise me one bit. I'll just cross my fingers that they re-release the hat next season since I'm sure the D-Backs will continue using the purple throwbacks and if I'm lucky they also do the black road hat with the D snake logo again.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/11/18 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here are the Mariners uniforms from last night. According to their Instagram, they'll be available for sale at the team store, but it sounded like they were only talking about the jerseys. Nobody seems to have done a restock of the hat. Here's hoping that Hat Club gets it.

Ksolo12

Post Posted: 08/13/18 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[img]

[/img]

Got this one from the Mariners team store last year. Is this different from the one they wore the other night?
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/17/18 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ksolo12 wrote:
[img]

[/img]

Got this one from the Mariners team store last year. Is this different from the one they wore the other night?

That is the same one, but it hasn't been restocked anywhere despite last week's TBTC game.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/17/18 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone picked up this year's Rangers two-tone TBTC? If so, I'd love to knoe how the poly/fit is.

Thanks.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/28/18 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
God, that M's cap is beautiful. If only the ones I handled didn't have crooked logos. Crying or Very sad

---

Tried the last two 7 1/2 Angels TBTC's from MLB Shop and both had greasy poly. At least the return was easy enough with Shoprunner. Hopefully we get some more interesting TBTC's in '19 than we did this year.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/28/18 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally saw a restock on the Marlins TBTc. Coupled with a lids flash sale that didn't have this excluded, I took a gamble.

Marked made in USA. 100% poly with imported materials.

I'm telling you though. This is the same shade of darker teal and has the same look and smell as the lids retro classics which are supposedly wool. It even has misc long threads. The same thing that plagues the retro classics.

This has the fuzz, feel, look, and smell of straight up wool. I wish I didn't return my Marlins teal retro classic. It's 98% the same cap.

Went a size up. Fit is perfect. You can feel the crowns softness. Super fuzzy. Feels broken in already. Feels better than cool base and earlier poly. Happy I went with my larger cap size.

B+. Not sold on the color so much. I love the flat real look that I seem to see most often from eBay photos of 93 On fields.

Just because. Comparison between a Mickey's place custom and the TBTc. I much prefer the less blue teal

I actually liked the fit of the tbtc so much and the color (albeit not perfect) that I went and got a HC 93 custom with sewn in augural patch. We'll see how that color compares next week
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/28/18 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:

Some of these 93 TBTC's were polyester with a much pale Teal than the wool version.
here's a shot side by side with my OG 94 road cap the teal tone on the wool is identical as the 94

here's a side by side of the wool and polyester (Right)

wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/28/18 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ nice. But now I'm confused. HC has their own custom wool version with 25 on the side? I just picked up the 93 inaugural season wool custom with grey under. I was under the impression that the tbtc lids differed from the HC TBTC only in color, not material.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/28/18 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
^ nice. But now I'm confused. HC has their own custom wool version with 25 on the side? I just picked up the 93 inaugural season wool custom with grey under. I was under the impression that the tbtc lids differed from the HC TBTC only in color, not material.

The all teal from HC with the chromaflex patch is the same as Lids the problem is not HC or Lids it's NE. they released the hat with two diff materials. The first sizes(Only three were available I think) released on Lids were Polyester the remaining sizes came Wool. the Picture I took of the wool next to a polyester was taken at Marlins Park, that's were I noticed the materials teal shade difference.
TBH I liked the wool better , the teal is closer to the original and the crown isn't boxy at all.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/28/18 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahhh Makes sense. We're calling it wool in spirit. Technically all tbtc are poly. But it's gotten quite slippery.

I do remember the first drop on lids. Smaller sizes for weeks. I've been on the hunt for 5+ years for an all teal original. As we know now, 5/8 teal-black may be the highest I've seen in those five years. Tons of boxes of a dozen sz 7s though. Maybe a 7 1/2 once

I just wonder what to expect with a Hc wool Marlins, if that first run of Marlins poly was true poly and not darker blue lids poly. Maybe expect light wool lol?

What a mess lol
Page 9 of 9   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: