2018 TBTCView previous topic :: View next topic  
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/06/18 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
So, I've heard the Indians are doing a late 80s throwback this year. Guru, any chance of large face Wahoo poly TBTC hat?

You catch the release about Wahoo not being used for TBTC's?
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/06/18 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about the Phillies wore their current hats in 1992. So a tbtc to 92 would be the same hats they wear now. Lol.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/07/18 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Fittedguy16 wrote:
For anyone paying attention, the Dbacks dropped their mono black, mono red, and red base sublimated cap this year. So technically they only have the Teal alt, black sublimated as current caps.

How 'bout that 2T snakehead AC?

*Starts Laps*
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/07/18 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
How about the Phillies wore their current hats in 1992. So a tbtc to 92 would be the same hats they wear now. Lol.

Hey, the Phils could do the first (?) TBTC to a ST/retail release only. Razz But seriously, the burgundy/batterman does seem more like a HC release.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/07/18 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
So, I've heard the Indians are doing a late 80s throwback this year. Guru, any chance of large face Wahoo poly TBTC hat?

You catch the release about Wahoo not being used for TBTC's?

Guess I missed that.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/09/18 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Phils Burgundy TBTC's are in stock at MLB.com and currently 25% off: https://www.mlbshop.com/philadelphia-phillies/mens-philadelphia-phillies-new-era-burgundy-1977-turn-back-the-clock-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-14231156+p-4618978273776+z-9-2949044923

They're calling this year's cap a 1977 TBTC whereas last year's was 1983 if Hat Club's info is correct. Anyone know if this year's has a green underbrim or does it have the same black underbrim as last year's?

Same black underbim as last year
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/10/18 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Same black underbim as last year

Thanks man. I did see that the photos for the low crown version included a shot of the black underbrim a few days ago so I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on this. Really sucks that the Phils do their TBTC's half-assed whereas a team like the Orioles really nails theirs.

You handle one in person? If so, any thoughts on poly and construction? Mine from last year was is probably the overall lowest quality MUSA burgundy I've ever bought.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/11/18 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:

Thanks man. I did see that the photos for the low crown version included a shot of the black underbrim a few days ago so I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on this. Really sucks that the Phils do their TBTC's half-assed whereas a team like the Orioles really nails theirs.

You handle one in person? If so, any thoughts on poly and construction? Mine from last year was is probably the overall lowest quality MUSA burgundy I've ever bought.

I did. The poly's OK, but as you might expect, the crown is a bit stiff. Still found it better than the U.S.-made Coop collection they sell at CBP. I grabbed one of these TBTC because it's the cap I wanted when I went to CBP last August, and they were sold out in my size. It's also had a better feel and fit than any of the game or alt caps they had at CBP, which I found to be among the worst U.S.-made on-fields I've handled (and I certainly wasn't shelling out $40 for one).
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/11/18 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

I did. The poly's OK, but as you might expect, the crown is a bit stiff. Still found it better than the U.S.-made Coop collection they sell at CBP. I grabbed one of these TBTC because it's the cap I wanted when I went to CBP last August, and they were sold out in my size. It's also had a better feel and fit than any of the game or alt caps they had at CBP, which I found to be among the worst U.S.-made on-fields I've handled (and I certainly wasn't shelling out $40 for one).

I have the 2016 TBTC and I find the poly to be good (not exceptional). The fit is good, but the crown is a bit high and stuff, as you say. I haven't broken it in yetz but I think it'll make a nice, wearable cap. It's worth mentioning that I don't get too hung up on underbrim colour.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/11/18 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, would you look at this...

https://www.lids.com/oakland-athletics-new-era-2018-mlb-turn-back-the-clock-59fifty-cap/21009007

Guru, any chance this is MUSA?
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/11/18 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
m_y_t_h wrote:
Well, would you look at this...

https://www.lids.com/oakland-athletics-new-era-2018-mlb-turn-back-the-clock-59fifty-cap/21009007

Guru, any chance this is MUSA?

Can't wait for that White Sox/A's TBTC game. Great looking uniforms for both teams.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/16/18 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like the A's cap is the same as the TBTC cap the wore in 2013, just with the flag logo. I'll be at the game.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/16/18 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone have any good leads on that 1968 White Sox hat? Lids must have received a very small shipment as there is only 1 size left. Will MLB Shop receive these?
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/16/18 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On his podcast, Guru said Hat Club would be getting the Sox and both A's caps soon.

jfi wrote:
Anyone have any good leads on that 1968 White Sox hat? Lids must have received a very small shipment as there is only 1 size left. Will MLB Shop receive these?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/16/18 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:
On his podcast, Guru said Hat Club would be getting the Sox and both A's caps soon.

jfi wrote:

I heard his last podcast got super racist and included a long diatribe against the KGB, white people and Albanians.
Page 2 of 9   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: