which do u prefer made in china, or made in USAw/China poly?View previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/21/18 8:13 pm    Post subject: which do u prefer made in china, or made in USAw/China poly? Reply with quote
which do u prefer made in china, or made in USAw/China poly?
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/21/18 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: which do u prefer made in china, or made in USAw/China p Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
which do u prefer made in china, or made in USAw/China poly?

USA w/IM no doubt.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/21/18 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you mean MUSA with bad imported poly? If so, I still prefer that over a Chino cap but only due to various crown and brim issues. Don’t actually keep any caps that aren’t 100% MUSA quality however. I buy too many caps to keep inferior products.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/22/18 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I dont think anyone truly prefers made in china products... Now that the material base is the same, I still see MUSA being superior. Crown shape to even softer buckram. Even your stitching and overall presentation appears more on point with MUSA, even if they are using IM.

Guy does bring up a good point. Bad IM poly does exist. It's slick, no fuzz, and overall quite crappy. A no fuzz MUSA with IM poly cap is very similar to a Made in china Wool cap.

overall, I think china still cuts some corners so its MUSA all the way, even with the latest evolution of IMs
tducken

Post Posted: 10/22/18 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even though I don't like MUSA w/imported I still prefer it to China made. The China made ones are all way too boxy for me. My MUSA w/imported may feel a little different but the crown still looks similar to my 100% MUSA hats.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/22/18 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Do you mean MUSA with bad imported poly? If so, I still prefer that over a Chino cap but only due to various crown and brim issues. Don’t actually keep any caps that aren’t 100% MUSA quality however. I buy too many caps to keep inferior products.

yeah, i mean the USA bad imported poly.

my 2017 twins post season hats all have the horrible ugly looking poly.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/22/18 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tducken wrote:
Even though I don't like MUSA w/imported I still prefer it to China made. The China made ones are all way too boxy for me. My MUSA w/imported may feel a little different but the crown still looks similar to my 100% MUSA hats.

I've actually been fooled when handling a few Chino poly caps recently but still don't bother trying them on since I know the crowns will remain unfixably goofy looking no matter what I do to them.
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/22/18 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My preference all day long is MUSA w/ IM, IF I have a stack of them to flip through in my size and can pick and choose until my OCD is content.

Chinese / other import made caps (you will sometimes see Vietnam, or even Bangladesh-made on specialty caps) in regular crown models are generally garbage. This is where the Chino "bubble crown" problem used to come in, 5-10 years ago. You see it less now, but still occasionally. Also just in general, New Era's usual suspect QC crap problems - off-centered brims, off-centered logos, mis-sewn or otherwise botched logo elements - are prevalent in Chinese caps. It used to be moreso on the imports, but regrettably now I am seeing more QC issues such as these on USA caps as well.

The one exception I will give to Chinese made, because I've done it myself - is with Low Crown caps. More of these are made in China to begin with. While you are still going to deal with at least slightly inferior materials, sometimes you can find a cap that is sewn well enough with centered logos and a visor that is worth picking up. These caps are not going ot be as soft / pliable as a USA-made cap - but with LC this matters less, at least in my case since the crowns fit my head shape so much better right off the shelf. These can sometimes be an option with their USA counterparts becoming so much harder to find. The poly may not be as soft and lush, but beyond that with a Chinese cap if other things are ok, it will likely last you until several decades past rapture...
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: