2018 World Series 59fiftysView previous topic :: View next topic  
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/25/18 6:49 pm    Post subject: 2018 World Series 59fiftys Reply with quote
Anybody have any luck finding this year's World Series hats in USA made poly? Dont care to get a Dodger's fitted just yet but ive been looking all over for a Red Sox in a 7 3/8 USA made and no luck. If anybody has any leads let me know!
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/25/18 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No luck when I was in SD or up here in Sacramento
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/25/18 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finding any MUSA Red Sox on-fields is a challenge in my experience. Assuming they just slapped the WS patch on old stock so it might be a struggle finding MUSA's. Will check out Lids this weekend if possible though my local one hasn't carried anything interesting for several months now.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/25/18 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This year is a rough sell for me anyway as a Giants fan, but I absolutely cannot find ANY Red Sox caps in anything other than Chino garbage. This is probably gonna be the first year ever where I don’t get a hat from one of the teams. Not even that sad about it, really.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/26/18 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found two MUSA w/IM in my size (7 1/2) in Natick, MA, on my way up to Game 1. The poly is sub par, and the crown on one is a bit uneven. I haven’t seen a true MUSA/good poly in any Sox cap in quite a while. All other sizes I saw were either made in China or Bangladesh.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/26/18 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
what about the Dodgers world series caps?

are they mostly chino??
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/26/18 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
I found two MUSA w/IM in my size (7 1/2) in Natick, MA, on my way up to Game 1. The poly is sub par, and the crown on one is a bit uneven. I haven’t seen a true MUSA/good poly in any Sox cap in quite a while. All other sizes I saw were either made in China or Bangladesh.
Don't give up finding a US made hat. Looks like they made a run of US on fields that feature the newest MIUSAWIM tagging and somewhat better poly than the previous Imported US trash and the crown is less stiff. I found my Astros 9/11 and postseason hats like this and they are decent. There might be a really slight chance in slapping patches on any stock New Era had laying around they might find some real old stock poly hats. I saw 2-3 Astros postseason hats with the good poly and Fly Your Own Flag tagging.
longtimemlbcapcollector
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/27/18 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[/quote]Don't give up finding a US made hat. Looks like they made a run of US on fields that feature the newest MIUSAWIM tagging and somewhat better poly than the previous Imported US trash and the crown is less stiff. I found my Astros 9/11 and postseason hats like this and they are decent. There might be a really slight chance in slapping patches on any stock New Era had laying around they might find some real old stock poly hats. I saw 2-3 Astros postseason hats with the good poly and Fly Your Own Flag tagging.[/quote]

Yes, I found many WS LA hats here in the Twin Cities MIUSA but very few Boston's if any at all.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/28/18 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not a fan of the WS champions patch. Looks like the damned size sticker.

Big Cappi

Post Posted: 10/29/18 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep that patch is the worst ever. Absolutely no imagination went into that at all.
I hope the ring ceremony hat will look better.
kyle287

Post Posted: 10/31/18 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went to a Lids near Boston where I live and went through all the 7 3/8's and 7 1/2's. Out of the racks and racks of hats, I literally found 4 that were made in USA. Of those, I think I picked the best one, meaning the crown was even with the bill and no crown creases. I will say the quality of the MUSA ones were suspect. And the hat has a weird smell to it.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/31/18 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://flic.kr/p/2baSU7x
Saw the WS Champions patch hat at the Fanzz at The Galleria near Sacramento and it looks like either a gold coin or the size sticker on the side of the hat
tducken

Post Posted: 11/03/18 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 World Series 59fiftys Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
Anybody have any luck finding this year's World Series hats in USA made poly? Dont care to get a Dodger's fitted just yet but ive been looking all over for a Red Sox in a 7 3/8 USA made and no luck. If anybody has any leads let me know!

Does anyone ever just buy the China hat, remove the patch and then put it on a MUSA on-field?
Ajv486
Rookie

Post Posted: 02/16/19 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some Brewers ones have been popping up in Milwaukee... if only... still a cool cap to have, they were on sale, and decent MUSAWIM poly, so why not!

caplover83

Post Posted: 02/16/19 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ajv486 wrote:
Some Brewers ones have been popping up in Milwaukee... if only... still a cool cap to have, they were on sale, and decent MUSAWIM poly, so why not!

Where in Milwaukee did you get that at?
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: