2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
rhinogonzo08
Rookie

Post Posted: 11/15/18 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It looks like we’re getting the diamond era hats back in spring training based on the Nationals latest tweet: https://twitter.com/nationals/status/1063071696247291905?s=21

If it’s not DE, it’s at least something very very similar to it. It looks to be the exact same material as last years NFL sideline hats, which is practically DE. I call it DE even though it is a tad bit different. I wear my Titans playoff patch one all the time lately, and these will be a good Spring Training/BP hat to wear as a beater. 1000000000x better than the Pro Lite
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/15/18 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The lineup of 2019 releases can die a fiery death as far as I’m concerned.

This is going to be a very depressing thread.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/15/18 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
The lineup of 2019 releases can die a fiery death as far as I’m concerned.

This is going to be a very depressing thread.

Every year it gets worse and worse. Why should 2019 be any different?
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/17/18 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those new Marlins hats and jerseys are tough. Black with blue accents? Perhaps I'll get used to them but, at this point, I give them the thumbs down.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/19/18 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.neweracap.com/All-Headwear/CLEVELAND-INDIANS-AUTHENTIC-COLLECTION-ALL-STAR-GAME-SIDE-PATCH-59FIFTY-FITTED/p/12043515

Indians 2019 all star game patch hat
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/19/18 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
https://www.neweracap.com/All-Headwear/CLEVELAND-INDIANS-AUTHENTIC-COLLECTION-ALL-STAR-GAME-SIDE-PATCH-59FIFTY-FITTED/p/12043515

I will buy this if and when they release it without a patch this year. Hopefully they make them by March. Crying or Very sad

Same design concept as the wishbone C two-tone I was hoping for but with the block C instead. I think I prefer the eighties version of that cap with the white outline (shame that HC's custom had crappy poly) but this is at least an improvement over the solid navy version IMO. I like the new unis too though I'd have kept the navy Indians jersey to rotate with the red one at home. Yes, the set is derivative of the Red Sox but the Indians look good in these colors whereas the Red Sox should always go with home whites and road grays IMO.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 11/19/18 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:

I will buy this if and when they release it without a patch this year. Hopefully they make them by March. Crying or Very sad

Same design concept as the wishbone C two-tone I was hoping for but with the block C instead. I think I prefer the eighties version of that cap with the white outline (shame that HC's custom had crappy poly) but this is at least an improvement over the solid navy version IMO. I like the new unis too though I'd have kept the navy Indians jersey to rotate with the red one at home. Yes, the set is derivative of the Red Sox but the Indians look good in these colors whereas the Red Sox should always go with home whites and road grays IMO.

The Indians have been around as long as the Red Sox, since 1901. So I’m not sure one team can be “derivative” of the other as far as the navy and/or red color schemes.

I liked that curved 1970s C very much, too. However, I also think the block C gets a bad rap. It is attractive in its simplicity and is connected visually to the earliest logos of the team. The block C’s biggest failure was having the bad luck to be the chosen replacement of the beloved Wahoo.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/19/18 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am a Sox fan, and I find the red alternate for the Indians to be extremely sharp! I also think Mr. Red Legs is correct. Simple and understated are what baseball uniforms have always been. The red brim definitely makes the 'C' pop more, and it makes up for the absence of an outline. The all-star patches are really nice, as well. I love the guitar/baseball element. Can't wait to get a Sox Derby/ASG cap this summer!
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/19/18 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
The Indians have been around as long as the Red Sox, since 1901. So I’m not sure one team can be “derivative” of the other as far as the navy and/or red color schemes.

I liked that curved 1970s C very much, too. However, I also think the block C gets a bad rap. It is attractive in its simplicity and is connected visually to the earliest logos of the team. The block C’s biggest failure was having the bad luck to be the chosen replacement of the beloved Wahoo.

It's not the color scheme I was referring to, more the color placement: red top with white outlined navy team name for the home alt and a navy top with white outlined red city name for the road alt. Been a common reaction on social media as far as I can tell and wasn't an original observation on my part.

I really do like the look of the new Cleveland unis the more I look at them though. Wouldn't mind the navy top being the de facto primary road uni like the Jays with their royal top.
titans1127

Post Posted: 11/20/18 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:

I would definitely pick one up once its released with no ASG patch.
cardsfan1985

Post Posted: 11/20/18 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know when the new BP hats will be released?
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 11/21/18 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I picked up one of the new Marlins hats in a low profile from MLB shop. It is made in China, but I've definitely had much worse. The poly isn't great, but no different from the MUSA w/IM we've seen lately, the logo feels a tad off center, but the crown and brim is constructed much better than other Chinese made hats I've had. I usually send it back the instance I realize it was Chinese made, but I don't know that we'll ever see USA made on-fields again with Derby closing, and I don't feel like trying to hunt down a USA made hat only to be disappointed time after time.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/21/18 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mfortuna45 wrote:
I picked up one of the new Marlins hats in a low profile from MLB shop. It is made in China, but I've definitely had much worse. The poly isn't great, but no different from the MUSA w/IM we've seen lately, the logo feels a tad off center, but the crown and brim is constructed much better than other Chinese made hats I've had. I usually send it back the instance I realize it was Chinese made, but I don't know that we'll ever see USA made on-fields again with Derby closing, and I don't feel like trying to hunt down a USA made hat only to be disappointed time after time.

Disappointing to hear that at least some of this first run is Chino as black MUSA w/IM poly has actually been uniformly excellent for over a year now. Oh well, I'm content to wait on my order of clearance price small M caps from 2017 to tide me over. I've handled a few of those in person and they feel great.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/24/18 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went to the team store the day of the released hoping to find US made i checked all the racks in my size a size down and up and nothing, went to Lids today and same results
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/24/18 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
I went to the team store the day of the released hoping to find US made i checked all the racks in my size a size down and up and nothing, went to Lids today and same results

The brand's cachet will eventually die when they release 100% junk to the general public. I truly hope someone at New Era and Major League Baseball realizes this. Honestly, does no one in upper management at New Era actually wearing the f*cking caps? How do they not see the massive discrepancy in quality?
Page 2 of 30   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: