2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/02/19 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jesus Christ. I got my first Lids discount code in months yesterday.
VikadontisRex
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/02/19 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Wow.

And here I see non flagged musa great poly sit at $15-$25 on eBay

I don’t get people. There isn’t really a sellers market right now but Lids has managed to still sell hats at these markups.

Are they selling a lot of on-fields or 59/50s in general? I feel like I don't see nearly as many people wearing 59/50s as I used to. It seems like mostly dad hats, strapbacks, or snapbacks now.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/03/19 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
VikadontisRex wrote:
wallyhopp wrote:
Wow.

And here I see non flagged musa great poly sit at $15-$25 on eBay

I don’t get people. There isn’t really a sellers market right now but Lids has managed to still sell hats at these markups.

Are they selling a lot of on-fields or 59/50s in general? I feel like I don't see nearly as many people wearing 59/50s as I used to. It seems like mostly dad hats, strapbacks, or snapbacks now.

I really don’t know. I also see maybe a 50-50 mix between on fields and then everything else (dad hats and custom 5950s). But logically speaking, a price increase is usually done when a company is having some level of success. I don’t think a failing company would help them sell more hats. But one that’s already doing alright? Then again, nothing new era does is making any kinds of sense. Plus they sort of have a monopoly with fanatics/lids/fansedge/mlbshop all being the same inventory. They can set that price and consumers have no choice.
Slappy
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/03/19 7:42 pm    Post subject: 5950 Costs Reply with quote
How in the deuce do these hats continuely rise in cost? Wasnt it last year they were like $34.99 and in like 12 months they went up $5. This is a bit of price gouging. NE has some nerve charging $40 per hat.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/04/19 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 5950 Costs Reply with quote
Slappy wrote:
How in the deuce do these hats continuely rise in cost? Wasnt it last year they were like $34.99 and in like 12 months they went up $5. This is a bit of price gouging. NE has some nerve charging $40 per hat.

Especially when the quality has gone down the shitter and they don't even make them in the US anymore. Happy 4th of July, indeed.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/04/19 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They were $30-$35 for ten straight years. One year in, they move production, lessen quality, and up the price in one year.

Destruction or a legacy almost overnight.

Sad stuff.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/05/19 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
They were $30-$35 for ten straight years. One year in, they move production, lessen quality, and up the price in one year.

Destruction or a legacy almost overnight.

Sad stuff.

Yep. Well said, sad as it is.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's the point of the workout hat? I thought they would wear them for the derby, but didn't. As far as I can tell the only action they have seen is in that "exciting" softball game.
Slappy
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/09/19 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went to a game sunday at Tropicana Field in Tampa and they had a TON of MUSA hats. Picked up a throwback Devil Rays hat. They also had a bunch of the 1st era poly hats (ones with the full brim sticker). At the stadium they were $40. Pretty cheap for a ballpark store. Nice place to see a game, too bad not alot of people in Tampa think so, guess thats why they have so many old stock hats and pretty cheap too.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 07/09/19 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
What's the point of the workout hat? I thought they would wear them for the derby, but didn't. As far as I can tell the only action they have seen is in that "exciting" softball game.

wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:

Bench player spectators had on all the workout gear. It makes for when players wear Normal gear so much more exciting. It sucks most of them didn't even wear their regular on field hat.

For a casual fan, I've never liked asg uniforms. I did like seeing some flair with their belts and socks. But for me, that's where the asg can end their branding. Maybe a hat patch but not a dedicated hat.

The standard appeal of these great uniforms and hat combos is lost. The MLB image is muddled with this crap. I say the same for the NBA.

I should add. The workout crowns looked terrible on 90% of the players. Gotta be chino. Glad they stayed on the sidelines and practice.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DrBoston wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

Pretty much.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

Bench player spectators had on all the workout gear. It makes for when players wear Normal gear so much more exciting. It sucks most of them didn't even wear their regular on field hat.

For a casual fan, I've never liked asg uniforms. I did like seeing some flair with their belts and socks. But for me, that's where the asg can end their branding. Maybe a hat patch but not a dedicated hat.

The standard appeal of these great uniforms and hat combos is lost. The MLB image is muddled with this crap. I say the same for the NBA.

I should add. The workout crowns looked terrible on 90% of the players. Gotta be chino. Glad they stayed on the sidelines and practice.

I couldn't agree more. I like just the patch on the sleeve of the uniform. I guess they can put one on the hat as well.

I am glad that the last two years, the ASG hats are, at least, team colors. The hats they wore in '16 and '17 were terrible.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/09/19 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone purchased an All Star game hat? Thoughts on the construction and sizing?
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/09/19 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crowns for the asg itself look pretty high. I realize they may be new and haven't been broken in. But it's not a great look. I love the regular uniforms. And I agree. The sleeve patch is enough. But we're seeing the asg theme carrying over with stars on the right sleeve, as well as stars and a patch on the hat. Big time Overkill.

I do like the return to team cap colors being close or identical to their on field hats.

At least when they're batting, and on offense, the pure form is all there
Page 25 of 33   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: